Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I really hope we are all in for third intake.

Lol none of that!!!! We ARE the next intake. Sorry but I'm refusing to wait for another 5 weeks lol. If they know what's good for them we'll be next :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

i'm in it too, I was group 2, had medical pass a few weeks before 2nd intake announced, likely to be enough for about 4 or 5 intakes waiting at the moment and the number still growing so not getting hopes up at all, don't know if I can wait another 5 weeks though, really is torture being so close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol none of that!!!! We ARE the next intake. Sorry but I'm refusing to wait for another 5 weeks lol. If they know what's good for them we'll be next :D

i hope your right, this has taken over my life for the past 8 months......

If it's meant for us it won't go past us. I'm in. I have to be in. I will however die of total embarrassment if you all get in and I don't lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Sdcharger wrote: »
    i'm in it too, I was group 2, had medical pass a few weeks before 2nd intake announced, likely to be enough for about 4 or 5 intakes waiting at the moment and the number still growing so not getting hopes up at all, don't know if I can wait another 5 weeks though, really is torture being so close.

I think if I don't get a call the next 5 weeks after that are gonna be excruciatingly slow/painful/boring lol I've just finished uni and don't really have much else on to keep me occupied! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

That's 12 of us on there, wonder what the record for boardies in one intake is? Lol

I'm adding my name to this list. Again

Choobs wrote: »
    I'm adding my name to this list. Again

Sorry Choobs, slight oversight on my part! I just copy/pasted the list others were working off! It was late to be fair :) anyway I've edited my post and added you in, sorry again!

Here's the newest list, we're up to 16 now!

Dutch_Rudder
    Mop a top
    charlie_six
    BarnesLeBeau
    Sweet Chuck
    Chicken82
    JayC90
    pcplod
    goose2301
    nodrogs11
    Choobs
    Sdcharger
    coogie_boogie
    Clanman889

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Pretty sure I'm at the same stage, PCA passed at the beginning of April and medical passed early May, now just waiting :-). What's the age range of potential new colleagues??

Pretty sure I'm at the same stage, PCA passed at the beginning of April and medical passed early May, now just waiting :-). What's the age range of potential new colleagues??

Stuck you on the list there coogie! I'm 22, yourself?

I'm 25, its good that other people are at the same stage, my dad phones me most days to ask if I've had any news!

• Advertisement

I'm 28 :)

Omg I'm feeling rather old now lol!!!!!!

With age comes experience :-)

Late 20s crew checking in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

I'd doubt there are more than 60 at our stage. I've been following numbers pretty closely the whole process. We are def inside the top 200 and already about 80-90 have got the call.

I'd doubt there are more than 60 at our stage. I've been following numbers pretty closely the whole process. We are def inside the top 200 and already about 80-90 have got the call.

While I'd be lying if I said I don't share your opinion I also keep in mind there's a lot of guestimating going on in this process. We're best not assuming too much and just hoping we're some of the lucky ones :)

(though for everyone at this stage and beyond "luck" has very little to do with it)

Omg I'm feeling rather old now lol!!!!!!

I'll be feeling far too young! I'm worried about how baby faced I'll look when I'm forced to shave at GV lol

I'll be feeling far too young! I'm worried about how baby faced I'll look when I'm forced to shave at GV lol

Lmao you'll be making me feel like a really old doll

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Sorry Choobs, slight oversight on my part! I just copy/pasted the list others were working off! It was late to be fair :) anyway I've edited my post and added you in, sorry again!

Here's the newest list, we're up to 15 now!

Dutch_Rudder
    Mop a top
    charlie_six
    BarnesLeBeau
    Sweet Chuck
    Chicken82
    JayC90
    pcplod
    goose2301
    nodrogs11
    Choobs
    Sdcharger
    coogie_boogie

Need to add myself to this list folks. Been quiet for a while on here as it's a torturous wait and I've found it helped to just get on with things until the next calls are due to go out. I had just gotten my medical pass the week of the last intake so hopefully this intake will include me

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Need to add myself to this list folks. Been quiet for a while on here as it's a torturous wait and I've found it helped to just get on with things until the next calls are due to go out. I had just gotten my medical pass the week of the last intake so hopefully this intake will include me

It's wishful thinking to think all 16 of us will get a call next week but there's no harm in hoping :) with that many of us at this stage more than a few are bound to get selected! Any idea on what basis they choose? AC score/alphabetical (I say alphabetical since I'm assuming we're all As with an A* or two scattered in who have had a very long wait :/ )

• Advertisement

It's wishful thinking to think all 16 of us will get a call next week but there's no harm in hoping :) with that many of us at this stage more than a few are bound to get selected! Any idea on what basis they choose? AC score/alphabetical (I say alphabetical since I'm assuming we're all As with an A* or two scattered in who have had a very long wait :/ )

Praying it's not alphabetical or I've got a very long wait :( do you think calls are going out next week. I was thinking mid June or have I miscounted :-/

Praying it's not alphabetical or I've got a very long wait :( do you think calls are going out next week. I was thinking mid June or have I miscounted :-/
    Sorry I said next week if we take this week as over already (which I am because it makes things seem faster to me lol) by my count it should be Thursday week so the 12th and 13th June :) if I'm wrong maybe someone else could chip in with the right dates!

Oh and if it's alphabetical I'd be slap bang in the middle so I dunno if that's a good thing or not lol

Phone call anytime soon would be fantastic, I got 73% so A at AC, like somebody previously said I assume the 16 of us got similar??

I just scraped in 71% A.

Did anyone read right to the end of the email from Deloitte notifying them of their pass for the AC? Not the one with breakdown. Appendix 1 was interesting reading as far as the vetting goes if I've read it right.

I just scraped in 71% A.

Did anyone read right to the end of the email from Deloitte notifying them of their pass for the AC? Not the one with breakdown. Appendix 1 was interesting reading as far as the vetting goes if I've read it right.

Just had a look over it there, nothing's really standing out to me in particular about it :S what bit do you mean? Also I got a 72% so I'm sandwiched in between the two of you there lol

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

I'm in the waiting game too

Just had a look over it there, nothing's really standing out to me in particular about it :S what bit do you mean? Also I got a 72% so I'm sandwiched in between the two of you there lol

Sandwiched?!?! You starting more rumours lmfao.

Well you know how some people are debating whether or not you get a medical if you're not through the vetting. That email states that the vetting and PCA are the first 2 stages and you need to pass each stage before progressing onto further stages. Can we assume that we've all passed our vetting then?

Phone call anytime soon would be fantastic, I got 73% so A at AC, like somebody previously said I assume the 16 of us got similar??

i got 72%

Sandwiched?!?! You starting more rumours lmfao.

Well you know how some people are debating whether or not you get a medical if you're not through the vetting. That email states that the vetting and PCA are the first 2 stages and you need to pass each stage before progressing onto further stages. Can we assume that we've all passed our vetting then?

it also says on the website that all "successful" applicants will be required to do a substance misuse test......

• Advertisement

pcplod wrote: »
    it also says on the website that all "successful" applicants will be required to do a substance misuse test......

Didn't check the website. Just came across that when I was looking for my score lol. Thought I'd better re read it. Was in such a hyper mood when I read the pass I cried and missed the rest lmao

Advertisement