Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Mop a top wrote: »
    Didn't check the website. Just came across that when I was looking for my score lol. Thought I'd better re read it. Was in such a hyper mood when I read the pass I cried and missed the rest lmao

i was hyper too but recently its turned into frustration, excitement, hope, stress, all rolled up into one lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

pcplod wrote: »
    i was hyper too but recently its turned into frustration, excitement, hope, stress, all rolled up into one lol

All of the above and a tad of desperation thrown in for good measure lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Would be great to think that getting your medical done does mean that vetting is passed. I got 72% in my AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Not to throw a spanner into the works but I called HR last week and my vetting hasn't cleared yet. I'm the same as most of you- A in AC and passed everything else. The girl said it was normal to take this long and not to worry. So I reckon the phone calls are completely dependant on the vetting being cleared or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I was under the impression that the SMT done at the medical formed part of the vetting process.

• Advertisement

Ah crap. So why would they say that in the emails? Full of poo :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Ah crap. So why would they say that in the emails? Full of poo :(

I know. My heart sank when the girl said it. I thought it was all over and was a case of when I get in, not if. There's nothing I can think of that would stop it but still, it's unsettling.
    The most frustrating process I've ever been through. Like someone said earlier, it takes over your life!

221988 wrote: »
    I know. My heart sank when the girl said it. I thought it was all over and was a case of when I get in, not if. There's nothing I can think of that would stop it but still, it's unsettling.
    The most frustrating process I've ever been through. Like someone said earlier, it takes over your life!

My only concern is finances, I'm a good girl lol. After the husband split I was left with everything which ironically was nothing. Working my way out but I'm still panicking in case the debts go against me :-/

Does kind of condradict what the person at the medical said, they said it takes no more than a few weeks in most cases, my record isn't the best either but have a small family and they all live here and have had the same addresses, sent forms off over 9 weeks ago, cant see how it would take that long....and would have thought id have definately heard by now if anything was untoward....

Does kind of condradict what the person at the medical said, they said it takes no more than a few weeks in most cases, my record isn't the best either but have a small family and they all live here and have had the same addresses, sent forms off over 9 weeks ago, cant see how it would take that long....

I'm much the same. One sibling, family have only had 2 houses the past 30 years. I have an "in house" friend who reckons they do the vetting much quicker now. 2 weeks to a month tops but who knows. If that's true then it would fit with the time line I guess. Think it would be about 2 months from when I sent off vetting to getting medical done.

I think since it's now June I'm overthinking it more now. Was speaking to my sis today and it kind if hit me in the gut that it's about 2 weeks away. Nervous excited feeling was so intense. Can't wait to get started :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

I'm much the same. One sibling, family have only had 2 houses the past 30 years. I have an "in house" friend who reckons they do the vetting much quicker now. 2 weeks to a month tops but who knows. If that's true then it would fit with the time line I guess. Think it would be about 2 months from when I sent off vetting to getting medical done.

I think since it's now June I'm overthinking it more now. Was speaking to my sis today and it kind if hit me in the gut that it's about 2 weeks away. Nervous excited feeling was so intense. Can't wait to get started :D

My vetting took just under 3 months
    Hold out guys it'll come

student15 wrote: »
    My vetting took just under 3 months
    Hold out guys it'll come

Omg!!!!! You're killing me here. I think the thread needs to change to "the excruciating wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Hell, I got 77% and I'm still waiting, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Names in a hat?

Names in a hat?

eenie meenie miney mo.........

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Names in a hat?

It's that fortune- telling octopus from the last world cup :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

Sorry Choobs, slight oversight on my part! I just copy/pasted the list others were working off! It was late to be fair :) anyway I've edited my post and added you in, sorry again!

Here's the newest list, we're up to 16 now!

Dutch_Rudder
    Mop a top
    charlie_six
    BarnesLeBeau
    Sweet Chuck
    Chicken82
    JayC90
    pcplod
    goose2301
    nodrogs11
    Choobs
    Sdcharger
    coogie_boogie
    Clanman889

Hi all,

You can add me to this list as well :)

Was in group 2a in Online Learning, passed medical at end of April and scored an A* in AC. I feel normal now, knowing so many other people feel the same way as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

THFC1882 wrote: »
    Hi all,

You can add me to this list as well :)

Was in group 2a in Online Learning, passed medical at end of April and scored an A* in AC. I feel normal now, knowing so many other people feel the same way as I do.

Sorry mate, Spurs supporters are unfortunately banned :P haha no worries I'll get adding you now!

Here's the newest list guys!

Dutch_Rudder
    Mop a top
    charlie_six
    BarnesLeBeau
    Sweet Chuck
    Chicken82
    JayC90
    pcplod
    goose2301
    nodrogs11
    Choobs
    Sdcharger
    coogie_boogie
    Clanman889
    active_edge
    THFC1882
    Ploddington Pea
    Sgtmort

That's us up to 20 now! We could nearly fill half an intake ourselves lol

It will be interesting to hear how some of these usernames were chosen.....lol

• Advertisement

It will be interesting to hear how some of these usernames were chosen.....lol

Mine is self explanatory... IF you've seen Zack and Miri haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

THFC1882 wrote: »

Very similar to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Im in 2b.. really hope I dont have another 4-5 week wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

I too am a fellow waiter, though not the type you find in a resaurant

I too am a fellow waiter, though not the type you find in a resaurant

Stuck you on the list up above there, anyone else want to chime in and get us to 20? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

flip -- thats good few on the forum then! and i'm sure plenty of lurkers in the background who havent posted anything!
    would be interesting to know just how many actually are in your intake.....

vickmackey wrote: »
    flip -- thats good few on the forum then! and i'm sure plenty of lurkers in the background who havent posted anything!
    would be interesting to know just how many actually are in your intake.....

Yeah I think the last intake there were 13 from the forum so I wonder what the record is and if we'll beat it! Lol

Yeah I think the last intake there were 13 from the forum so I wonder what the record is and if we'll beat it! Lol

we will beat it, we are all getting in...

Here's hoping! :) got to keep the positive vibes flowing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Great enthusiasm! Thursday week (if that's the day for calls) is gonna be madness on here!

Advertisement