Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Great enthusiasm! Thursday week (if that's the day for calls) is gonna be madness on here!

Bring it on! :P I've booked the Thursday and Friday off work so I can sit beside my phone all day, nails will be getting chewed off me when I start seeing the first "I'm in!" and wondering when it'll be my turn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Right my lovelies, went to the information day this morning and OMG!!!! After talking to the 2 guys from TSG I want in even more than before! I was sitting listening to them feeling like my kids on Xmas eve lol!!!!!

Any who, the PSNI recruitment rep said I can reapply if I like and also to give recruitment a call and check in the vetting, I said I'd rather not since it specifically asked not to :/ She did confirm that the intakes are approximately in groups of 50 however they do have a few that decline and that it's every 5 weeks. Also since we're debating on numbers here sometimes she confirmed it's DEFINITELY 378 from the 2013 campaign that it's being recruited.

PSNI had given Deloitte a target of 2000 to go through the PCA vetting online learning and medical. She reckoned there's at least 30% who've failed the PCA with a big majority of girls not going through (doesn't surprise me cos I still think her stop watch was wrong when I passed lol). I'm not sitting working out numbers lol but she said next batch calls should be out mid June!!!!! So here's hoping!!!! Can't wait to get into hotel GV lmao!!!!

Bring it on! :P I've booked the Thursday and Friday off work so I can sit beside my phone all day, nails will be getting chewed off me when I start seeing the first "I'm in!" and wondering when it'll be my turn!

I think in going to ignore here that few days. I think that would be the worst feeling lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Mop a top wrote: »
    Right my lovelies, went to the information day this morning and OMG!!!! After talking to the 2 guys from TSG I want in even more than before! I was sitting listening to them feeling like my kids on Xmas eve lol!!!!!

Any who, the PSNI recruitment rep said I can reapply if I like and also to give recruitment a call and check in the vetting, I said I'd rather not since it specifically asked not to :/ She did confirm that the intakes are approximately in groups of 50 however they do have a few that decline and that it's every 5 weeks. Also since we're debating on numbers here sometimes she confirmed it's DEFINITELY 378 from the 2013 campaign that it's being recruited.

PSNI had given Deloitte a target of 2000 to go through the PCA vetting online learning and medical. She reckoned there's at least 30% who've failed the PCA with a big majority of girls not going through (doesn't surprise me cos I still think her stop watch was wrong when I passed lol). I'm not sitting working out numbers lol but she said next batch calls should be out mid June!!!!! So here's hoping!!!! Can't wait to get into hotel GV lmao!!!!
    and yet again you have provided great info ! thankyou for the update! you defo deserve that phonecall!!!!:cool:

Thanks for all the info! Good detective work already :) was just going to ask, do you (or anyone else for that matter who is hoping for a call next week) think you're going to reapply? I've been thinking about it but I don't know if there's much point now.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the info! Good detective work already :) was just going to ask, do you (or anyone else for that matter who is hoping for a call next week) think you're going to reapply? I've been thinking about it but I don't know if there's much point now.

Lol it's only cos I'm scared of missing out. Not fancying CID definitely TSG lol. The guys were hilarious telling me about dragging 16 stone dummies and running the PCA in full kit with the shield. Need to keep the training up for a few years!! Apparently 5'5 and being female shouldn't go against me lol!! We'll see!!

I'm definitely applying in the last week. If our estimates are right and the rep said mid June that gives us a week until fri 20th. I'll be applying then. Need to be in it to win it lol

:eek:why on earth would any of you are are through it all need to reapply?? are you not just waiting on THE CALL:confused: ....is there any reason to still a niggling doubt that its not just a case of getting the phonecall??.... maybe HR could answer questions in relation the that.
    i've my PCA very soon, but have reapplied just incase i make a balls up!- but that is totally different situation than you very lucky (and obviously very talented!) people:)

Lol it's only cos I'm scared of missing out. Not fancying CID definitely TSG lol. The guys were hilarious telling me about dragging 16 stone dummies and running the PCA in full kit with the shield. Need to keep the training up for a few years!! Apparently 5'5 and being female shouldn't go against me lol!! We'll see!!

I'm definitely applying in the last week. If our estimates are right and the rep said mid June that gives us a week until fri 20th. I'll be applying then. Need to be in it to win it lol

Yeah I suppose you're right! If there's no call next week I'll get my name in the hat again (but keep my fingers crossed I'll still be getting a call from this drive lol) and flip 16 stone would be 2 and a half of the weight we had to drag on the PCA so fair play to anyone male or female who can do that in full riot gear! Nevermind actually having to do it for real with bottles and bricks getting pelted at you during public disorder incidents.

vickmackey wrote: »
    :eek:why on earth would any of you are are through it all need to reapply?? are you not just waiting on THE CALL:confused: ....is there any reason to still a niggling doubt that its not just a case of getting the phonecall??.... maybe HR could answer questions in relation the that.
    i've my PCA very soon, but have reapplied just incase i make a balls up!- but that is totally different situation than you very lucky (and obviously very talented!) people:)

That was my thinking on it Vick that I don't see WHY I'd need to reapply but I'm never gonna be certain with this until/if I get that final phone call. Anytime I talk to the parents or girlfriend about this or mention anything interesting I've heard about training or the general day to day of an officer I finish nearly every sentence with an IF I get in... Maybe I'm just superstitious and don't want to jinx myself lol

same height as me MopATop....and it wasnt long ago that i was nearly a 16stone dummy!! down to a svelt 14 stone now, so hoping to glide over the PCA! ;):D

• Advertisement

That was my thinking on it Vick that I don't see WHY I'd need to reapply but I'm never gonna be certain with this until/if I get that final phone call. Anytime I talk to the parents or girlfriend about this or mention anything interesting I've heard about training or the general day to day of an officer I finish nearly every sentence with an IF I get in... Maybe I'm just superstitious and don't want to jinx myself lol
    totally understand....have to say, i do agree, (i'd do the same) while trying to always be optimistic, still need to be a realist.... it would just be so much better system if they even informed people that they were fully cleared and would recieve a call in whatever approx time.....:rolleyes:

totally understand....have to say, i do agree, (i'd do the same) while trying to always be optimistic, still need to be a realist.... it would just be so much better system if they even informed people that they were fully cleared and would recieve a call in whatever approx time.....:rolleyes:

That would be amazing lol I was saying to the gf yesterday, I would have no issues whatsoever if I had to start in say, 6 months time as long as I knew I was guaranteed a place. For me the issue hasn't been so much WHEN I'll be starting (although like Mop a top said earlier, at this point I am raring to go haha) it's always been IF and being 100% sure there's a space for me!

Also, I have to say at 5ft 5 you're at a distinct advantage for the PCA, no way you'll be whacking your head going up the steps :P haha good luck for it Vick you've brought a lot of positivity and life to these forums which is good to see as we're all in the same boat at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

haha, I found those steps annoying as im 6ft 3. I will be soo happy if we get calls next week.

same height as me MopATop....and it wasnt long ago that i was nearly a 16stone dummy!! down to a svelt 14 stone now, so hoping to glide over the PCA! ;):D

The TSG guys said the girl in the video is going at a much slower rate and wouldn't pass. They reckoned you give it hell between the obstacles and take them at a reasonable pace, better to go clean than rush and repeat.

The TSG guys said the girl in the video is going at a much slower rate and wouldn't pass. They reckoned you give it hell between the obstacles and take them at a reasonable pace, better to go clean than rush and repeat.

Thats the way I did it!

That would be amazing lol I was saying to the gf yesterday, I would have no issues whatsoever if I had to start in say, 6 months time as long as I knew I was guaranteed a place. For me the issue hasn't been so much WHEN I'll be starting (although like Mop a top said earlier, at this point I am raring to go haha) it's always been IF and being 100% sure there's a space for me!

Also, I have to say at 5ft 5 you're at a distinct advantage for the PCA, no way you'll be whacking your head going up the steps :P haha good luck for it Vick you've brought a lot of positivity and life to these forums which is good to see as we're all in the same boat at the end of the day.
    :D cheers!! also able to walk under the crawl stage without ducking down! ;)
    yes, will all need to be able to have a chortle or to!!!:)

thankyou -- defo my plan!.... well, until i get there and just stand crying and wetting myself!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

haha, I found those steps annoying as im 6ft 3. I will be soo happy if we get calls next week.

im 6ft 5, knocked the bar off the steps once lol being tall definately isn't an advantage..haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Good to hear that there is fellow lanks about ! :p Im 6'4" myself!

I knew those bars were gona be a problem :(

oh you poor sods, how awful being over 6ft! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

oh you poor sods, how awful being over 6ft! ;-)

It's the driving of the Landys that will cause us tall folk more issues, nevermind getting in and out of them.

So who's gunna hazard a guess at when the next calls are going out, when's 5 weeks passed?

JayC90 wrote: »
    It's the driving of the Landys that will cause us tall folk more issues, nevermind getting in and out of them.

So who's gunna hazard a guess at when the next calls are going out, when's 5 weeks passed?

Most of us seem to be in agreement that it's going to be next Thursday and Friday. Last calls went out on the 8th and 9th May so just go 5 weeks after that.

Agree with Dutch on that. I was hearing rumours that they went out the week before my medical and PCA and I had 5 weeks between them. The PSNI recruitment rep confirmed it was 5 week intervals yesterday. Next week would put them about that time.

I had my medical last week and got my pass letter last week to.. Chances of third intake? Another 5 weeks wait after next week wouldnt be nice :( though wouldnt mind as long as I know ive got it.

I had my medical last week and got my pass letter last week to.. Chances of third intake? Another 5 weeks wait after next week wouldnt be nice :( though wouldnt mind as long as I know ive got it.

Well your SMT should be back in time as it should arrive this week but to be honest it's all guesswork! We don't really know how they choose people, I think it's a matter now of whoever has completed vetting will get selected for the next batch and those who haven't will have to play the waiting game again. Did you say before you were group 2b for online learning? There still seems to be a lot of 2a waiting but again, that could really mean nothing at all lol

Yeah 2b :) I dont mind it I have to wait again, its just the not knowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

How I've got this far I don't know! I can't count! :D

Yeah 2b :) I dont mind it I have to wait again, its just the not knowing.

Yeah that's it exactly, you probably feel the same as me that if they said look, you'll not be starting for months but you 100% have a place and WILL be starting I would happily accept that. It's just the case of never being able to be 100% sure you're going to get it that's the killer. (Even though at this stage I think we all will :) )

JayC90 wrote: »
    How I've got this far I don't know! I can't count! :D

Were you one of those people scribbling random answers on the IST then? :P haha

• Advertisement

Is it really bad I can't remember which online learning I was in ��

Advertisement