Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Well your SMT should be back in time as it should arrive this week but to be honest it's all guesswork! We don't really know how they choose people, I think it's a matter now of whoever has completed vetting will get selected for the next batch and those who haven't will have to play the waiting game again. Did you say before you were group 2b for online learning? There still seems to be a lot of 2a waiting but again, that could really mean nothing at all lol
    sorry, just checking where the "2a/b" is coming from folks....:confused: do you get allocated that on your online learning??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Were you one of those people scribbling random answers on the IST then? :P haha

Lol that was me!! Well the last 5 when I seen her getting up to call time :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

vickmackey wrote: »
    sorry, just checking where the "2a/b" is coming from folks....:confused: do you get allocated that on your online learning??

Yeah I don't know if you've been given access to it yet but it has a bit at the start where the groups are broken down just to show when you started it and when you have to have it completed by. So I think on 2a it shut on the 25th April, 2b would've been a bit after that and then 3 began in May. I've no idea what they're up to now, probably 4 or 5 and there may have even been a 2c for all I know as the website completely locks you out once it gets to the cutoff date.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Is it really bad I can't remember which online learning I was in ��

I THINK 2a began on the 4th April and finished on the 25th, I could be wrong on the end date but I'm pretty sure it opened on the 4th :) maybe that rings a bell for you lol

Yeah I don't know if you've been given access to it yet but it has a bit at the start where the groups are broken down just to show when you started it and when you have to have it completed by. So I think on 2a it shut on the 25th April, 2b would've been a bit after that and then 3 began in May. I've no idea what they're up to now, probably 4 or 5 and there may have even been a 2c for all I know as the website completely locks you out once it gets to the cutoff date.
    ah, very helpful Dutch, cheers -- fingers crossed my (very soon) PCA & medical goes smoothly and then I'll be lucky enough to get issued a number!! :D

• Advertisement

ah, very helpful Dutch, cheers -- fingers crossed my (very soon) PCA & medical goes smoothly and then I'll be lucky enough to get issued a number!! :D

No problem, happy to help :) and I think you'll get access to it in between your PCA and your medical! It is honestly really interesting stuff, I mentioned elsewhere on here that when you're doing it it really makes you want the job even more!

No problem, happy to help :) and I think you'll get access to it in between your PCA and your medical! It is honestly really interesting stuff, I mentioned elsewhere on here that when you're doing it it really makes you want the job even more!
    happys days (hopefully!!);)
    yes, i remember you saying about how interesting it was and really makes you more hungry for getting in!!....between that and being told about the NI allowance, things just keep getting more enticing!!! :eek:
    and to be fair, the majority of folks on the forum all seem like good craic, which will help everyone through.... even makes the waiting more bearable while just sitting in work!:cool:

I got mine 4 days after I passed the PCA. Just checked emails. Mine was 8.4 to 6.5 Was there a 2 then a 2a?

happys days (hopefully!!);)
    yes, i remember you saying about how interesting it was and really makes you more hungry for getting in!!....between that and being told about the NI allowance, things just keep getting more enticing!!! :eek:
    and to be fair, the majority of folks on the forum all seem like good craic, which will help everyone through.... even makes the waiting more bearable while just sitting in work!:cool:

I think the first time it properly hit me that this could all actually be real was a part of the online learning with a letter from a higher up and you're just kinda like wow haha you're right though, I feel the people on here do help to make the wait a lot more bearable! It helps to know there are people out here going as crazy and getting as frustrated as I am haha

I got mine 4 days after I passed the PCA. Just checked emails. Mine was 8.4 to 6.5 Was there a 2 then a 2a?
    :eek: EGGGGSSSITED!!!!.COM!

• Advertisement

I think the first time it properly hit me that this could all actually be real was a part of the online learning with a letter from a higher up and you're just kinda like wow haha you're right though, I feel the people on here do help to make the wait a lot more bearable! It helps to know there are people out here going as crazy and getting as frustrated as I am haha
    DEFINATOOTLY!! it must seem like forever to the folks who havent looked on here to see others in the same waiting stages (whatever that might be):(

No, I think it was just 2a and 2b. They seemed to be fluid though because I think it WAS just group 2 when it opened then a few days later that had changed to the two different ones. Then a week or so later they added either a 2c or a 3, I'm racking my brains here to remember but I'm not sure which it was lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, got my medical letter to say I passed 3 days after it. I'm currently in group 3 for the online and it closed on 6th June. After that do we get a pass letter then wait or is it straight to waiting?

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, got my medical letter to say I passed 3 days after it. I'm currently in group 3 for the online and it closed on 6th June. After that do we get a pass letter then wait or is it straight to waiting?

I would say you're in the running for next week! I'll stick your name on the list :) that's us up to 20 now. With online learning just as long as the bar is green and it says you've done 51 out of 51 you're fine, there's no pass letter or anything.

There's a menu you can open up to show you a lust if all the topics and your "grades" just check they're all 100% cos I got the green 51/51 but when I went for a nosy I had to go through the chemical cocktail again as it was showing 0/100!!!! I sat down the day before and went into each test again to double/triple check they were all 100%. Better safe than sorry

There's a menu you can open up to show you a lust if all the topics and your "grades" just check they're all 100% cos I got the green 51/51 but when I went for a nosy I had to go through the chemical cocktail again as it was showing 0/100!!!! I sat down the day before and went into each test again to double/triple check they were all 100%. Better safe than sorry

The tests though were only for your own benefit, they didn't count towards completion as far as I remember. My email box was getting blasted constantly with people checking and double checking with the course administrators about what completion entailed and they always said as long as you had 51/51 you're grand :) I know what you mean about the chemical cocktail thing though, I had to do some serious computer wizardry to even get it to open and THEN had to do it 3 times for it to register lol

they should be offering you a job as consultant!!! :cool:

they should be offering you a job as consultant!!! :cool:

Hardly!!! But thanks, I'm just a bit nosy cow and likes comparing stories lol

Hardly!!! But thanks, I'm just a bit nosy cow and likes comparing stories lol

I think I'm a bit like you in that you end up finding just all the aspects of recruitment pretty fascinating and you're busting to know the inner workings of it (which there's no chance of haha)

The tests though were only for your own benefit, they didn't count towards completion as far as I remember. My email box was getting blasted constantly with people checking and double checking with the course administrators about what completion entailed and they always said as long as you had 51/51 you're grand :) I know what you mean about the chemical cocktail thing though, I had to do some serious computer wizardry to even get it to open and THEN had to do it 3 times for it to register lol

Sitting laughing at that!!! Thank god I wasn't the only one. Broke out into a cold sweat when it wouldn't work on my sisters laptop my net book or mums PC. Finally got it going but some of my videos didn't play to the end :/

• Advertisement

I think I'm a bit like you in that you end up finding just all the aspects of recruitment pretty fascinating and you're busting to know the inner workings of it (which there's no chance of haha)
    its THE MATRIX!!! :cool:

Pretty much!!! Give me the worst thing in the world to deal with sort out whatever I'll do it, go through it, resolve it just as long as I know what's happening and what's expected. It's the not knowing and limbo that drives me insane lol!!!! Hence being on here lol

Sitting laughing at that!!! Thank god I wasn't the only one. Broke out into a cold sweat when it wouldn't work on my sisters laptop my net book or mums PC. Finally got it going but some of my videos didn't play to the end :/

They should have changed the needing an ICT qualification requirement to "demonstrate you can open the chemical cocktail on online learning", would weed out a few I'm sure! :P my laptop just bricked recently so I'm lucky I had online learning completed! Oh well it's a nice wee excuse to treat myself to a new one if I get in :)

They should have changed the needing an ICT qualification requirement to "demonstrate you can open the chemical cocktail on online learning", would weed out a few I'm sure! :P my laptop just bricked recently so I'm lucky I had online learning completed! Oh well it's a nice wee excuse to treat myself to a new one if I get in :)
    WHEN!! :cool:

P.M.A.

its THE MATRIX!!! :cool:

Red pill or blue pill?!?!

Red pill or blue pill?!?!
    :eek:NOT ALLOWED PILLS!! MIGHT SHOW UP IN DRUG TEST!! :P

WHEN!! :cool:

Hahaha chickens, counting, hatched... :cool: it's so annoying having to always be like if/when if/when but hopefully next week will be the end of all that!

Hahaha chickens, counting, hatched... :cool: it's so annoying having to always be like if/when if/when but hopefully next week will be the end of all that!
    Lots of meditating!....to get you through the waiting........oh,....... and alcohol! :D

• Advertisement

It's WHEN YOU GET THE CALL!!!!!!! Positive vibes lol!!!! I'm trying to decide who comes to my passing out lol so you can all have a good laugh at my expense if I don't get a call next week!!!!

As for the pills the most adventurous thing I've taken were these amazing pain killers from A&E the time I got clipped on the back of head by a horse a couple of months ago. The dr at the SMT was laughing at me trying to remember the name and describe them lol

Advertisement