Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Mop a top wrote: »
    It's WHEN YOU GET THE CALL!!!!!!! Positive vibes lol!!!! I'm trying to decide who comes to my passing out lol so you can all have a good laugh at my expense if I don't get a call next week!!!!

As for the pills the most adventurous thing I've taken were these amazing pain killers from A&E the time I got clipped on the back of head by a horse a couple of months ago. The dr at the SMT was laughing at me trying to remember the name and describe them lol
    " I got clipped on the back of head by a horse "..... picturing the scene from Blazing Saddles!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

It's WHEN YOU GET THE CALL!!!!!!! Positive vibes lol!!!! I'm trying to decide who comes to my passing out lol so you can all have a good laugh at my expense if I don't get a call next week!!!!

As for the pills the most adventurous thing I've taken were these amazing pain killers from A&E the time I got clipped on the back of head by a horse a couple of months ago. The dr at the SMT was laughing at me trying to remember the name and describe them lol

Haha I'm assuming it would've been the same guy for all the SMTs, he was hilarious like he had me laughing away for loads of it lol and I've done the same with the passing out parade thing lol I asked in a thread yesterday about who you can take and it seems you just apply for as many tickets as you want (you might not get them all though) so just works a bit like university graduations I suppose. I also wonder how many you can bring to the registration/induction day before you start, any idea on that Mop a top?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

vickmackey wrote: »
    " I got clipped on the back of head by a horse "..... picturing the scene from Blazing Saddles!!!!:p

Kind of funny. I volunteer at RDA twice a week. Anyway was walking around leading a girl on the horse and he spooked at a cat chasing something imaginary in the arena. She was falling off the other side if the horse. I tried to grab her and he shoved me over cos I was off balance. Did a little merry dance over the top of me, bruised ribs pelvis and abdomen with concussion. Little **** lol

Haha I'm assuming it would've been the same guy for all the SMTs, he was hilarious like he had me laughing away for loads of it lol and I've done the same with the passing out parade thing lol I asked in a thread yesterday about who you can take and it seems you just apply for as many tickets as you want (you might not get them all though) so just works a bit like university graduations I suppose. I also wonder how many you can bring to the registration/induction day before you start, any idea on that Mop a top?

Well funny you should say that!!! The last time they were recruiting my now ex got in and everyone in his class were allowed 2 tickets to the passing out but if people didn't need them all they swapped extras around, he managed to get 3 for me and his patents, I just brought our 8week old son in the car seat. God I've just realised he'll be almost 10 when I pass out eekkkk

As for the registration day I was pregnant and didn't fancy the hour long drive and waiting around so his dad went with him. Think you can have a couple if it's like parents or spouse

They might let us have more now cos at that time it was the newly formed PSNI and there were a lot of seats taken up by visitors and dignitaries, maybe they're not as keen on coming now lol

• Advertisement

Kind of funny. I volunteer at RDA twice a week. Anyway was walking around leading a girl on the horse and he spooked at a cat chasing something imaginary in the arena. She was falling off the other side if the horse. I tried to grab her and he shoved me over cos I was off balance. Did a little merry dance over the top of me, bruised ribs pelvis and abdomen with concussion. Little **** lol
    sure, good practice for a bit of rioting!! :p

think we may have to start up a "DUTCH-VICK-MOP" thread!!!! ;-)

think we may have to start up a "DUTCH-VICK-MOP" thread!!!! ;-)

Haha it's like we've turned this into our own general thread :P but then again we're still on topic with the Wait at least :)

Well funny you should say that!!! The last time they were recruiting my now ex got in and everyone in his class were allowed 2 tickets to the passing out but if people didn't need them all they swapped extras around, he managed to get 3 for me and his patents, I just brought our 8week old son in the car seat. God I've just realised he'll be almost 10 when I pass out eekkkk

As for the registration day I was pregnant and didn't fancy the hour long drive and waiting around so his dad went with him. Think you can have a couple if it's like parents or spouse

Cheers Mop a top that's good to know! I think I'd really only be looking 3 anyway so hopefully there wouldn't be too much of an issue with that! My mum is excited about my uni graduation next month whereas for me I've known for a long long time that this is the job I want to do so I'm more looking forward to graduating from GV lol

Cheers Mop a top that's good to know! I think I'd really only be looking 3 anyway so hopefully there wouldn't be too much of an issue with that! My mum is excited about my uni graduation next month whereas for me I've known for a long long time that this is the job I want to do so I'm more looking forward to graduating from GV lol
    uni graduation??? well done!.....but now i feel really really really old!!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

uni graduation??? well done!.....but now i feel really really really old!!!!:eek:

Me to! :(

Uni graduation??? Holy hell feeling like I'll be the mum/granny of the group!!!! :/

I'm stuck cos my 2 best friends are closer to methan my sister, we've been through so much together the past few years and I wouldn't feel right having my sister there and not them. I could do with 6 to keep them all happy but they all know they won't be able to come. I'll settle for just the parents and a party!!!!

Hahaha well just think of the difference in life experience! There's valuable things you'll have picked up already whereas I'm still wet behind the ears as they say! I always felt in a way that this could be the perfect timing for me, I could literally be straight out of uni and into the job of my dreams. There aren't too many who can say that so I know how incredibly fortunate I could be! To be honest part of the only reason I even decided on uni was the recruitment freeze.

With all these comments about feeling old I'm expecting you lot to take me under your wing :P haha only joking :) if you have trouble bending down to tie your boots don't worry I'll be happy to lend a hand! (I've heard humour is one of the most important tools an officer can possess ;) along with a thick skin!)

Hahaha well just think of the difference in life experience! There's valuable things you'll have picked up already whereas I'm still wet behind the ears as they say! I always felt in a way that this could be the perfect timing for me, I could literally be straight out of uni and into the job of my dreams. There aren't too many who can say that so I know how incredibly fortunate I could be! To be honest part of the only reason I even decided on uni was the recruitment freeze.

My friends keep telling me "if it's for you, it wont pass you" think there's more to that saying than people give it credit lol

With all these comments about feeling old I'm expecting you lot to take me under your wing :P haha only joking :) if you have trouble bending down to tie your boots don't worry I'll be happy to lend a hand! (I've heard humour is one of the most important tools an officer can possess ;) along with a thick skin!)

Lol it's alright. This old bird coaches gymnastics so I think I'll manage the boots alright lol

My friends keep telling me "if it's for you, it wont pass you" think there's more to that saying than people give it credit lol

I think my mum goes with something along the same lines, "it's like a wheelbarrow, it's in front of you!" I like yours a bit better though, it's easier to understand!

Uni graduation??? Holy hell feeling like I'll be the mum/granny of the group!!!! :/

THEN I MUST BE THE OUL DA/GRANDA!!:eek:

I think my mum goes with something along the same lines, "it's like a wheelbarrow, it's in front of you!" I like yours a bit better though, it's easier to understand!

Plus I usually drag a wheelbarrow behind me at the stables so I would be totally lost with that one lol

dont worry, we'll change your nappy for you! :P
    dont think you could bend under our wings as myself and Mop-a-Top are 2 of the more vertically challenged compared to some of the 6+footers!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Is there any way of finding out where you are on the merit list?

Is there any way of finding out where you are on the merit list?

Would be interesting to see what AC scores the first and second intake got. I guess recruitment could tell you but do you want to call them. I'm still debating after I was told to give them a shout

From memory the first intake were basically all A*s, the people on the board anyway and the second intake was a lot of A*s with a few high As thrown in. I think in campaigns past a merit list was a lot more important but given the low numbers of people passing everything it's seemed like there hasn't really been a need for one. I think it seems to be more a case of has your vetting cleared? If so happy days on you go lol

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

I really hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Ok folks to call or not to call? All this chat of people calling only to find out their vetting hasn't cleared has me wanting to call and ask but I really don't want to be a pest as I'm sure they're tortured daily.

I was 2a and fully expect/hope for a call next week. Getting my hopes up is probably not a good thing, so maybe someone could private message me the telephone number to call and check my vetting status so I at least know if I should be waiting or not getting excited just yet.

Any help would be great thanks.

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Ok folks to call or not to call? All this chat of people calling only to find out their vetting hasn't cleared has me wanting to call and ask but I really don't want to be a pest as I'm sure they're tortured daily.

I was 2a and fully expect/hope for a call next week. Getting my hopes up is probably not a good thing, so maybe someone could private message me the telephone number to call and check my vetting status so I at least know if I should be waiting or not getting excited just yet.

Any help would be great thanks.

I've been seriously debating whether to call or not as well, like you say if you know it's not cleared you're not going to get your hopes up for next week. The only thing putting me off phoning is that they said not to, although Mop a top was told at a recruitment drive session to go ahead and phone so it's a tough one...

Yeah but I'm still not going to. Don't want to annoy them. I'm sure they've enough to do

Totally get what you're saying though. Would rather know vetting isn't through so I can get in with the next 10 weeks lol. Hate limbo!!!

Totally get what you're saying though. Would rather know vetting isn't through so I can get in with the next 10 weeks lol. Hate limbo!!!

Yeah I remember you saying you weren't going to :) it's just really tempting when a serving officer says fire away lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Reckon I'll just sit tight then. Made it this far without goin insane (much). Just need to struggle this week, enjoy the weekend and then hit panic station mode from Monday onwards...simples 😩

Advertisement