Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Reckon I'll just sit tight then. Made it this far without goin insane (much). Just need to struggle this week, enjoy the weekend and then hit panic station mode from Monday onwards...simples 😩

Good to know I'm not the only one going mental lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Mop a top wrote: »
    Good to know I'm not the only one going mental lol

im getting the itch too! But have a long weekend over on the mainland to take my mind off it for a bit..,,well that's the plan lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Hi all, I'm assuming by the messages that calls are due next week? And after tht then 10weeks later?

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm assuming by the messages that calls are due next week? And after tht then 10weeks later?

Calls go out every 5 weeks. The rep confirmed it the other day when I went to the recruitment/info day

pcplod wrote: »
    im getting the itch too! But have a long weekend over on the mainland to take my mind off it for a bit..,,well that's the plan lol

I know the feeling. Thank god for kids. My daughter is competing in the NI gymnastics championships at this weekend and my nephew has a competition next weekend so it's all busy busy busy ATM. The stress of those is a welcome distraction lol

• Advertisement

I know the feeling. Thank god for kids. My daughter is competing in the NI gymnastics championships at this weekend and my nephew has a competition next weekend so it's all busy busy busy ATM. The stress of those is a welcome distraction lol

my daughter is currently wrecking the house! Day in, then night shift tonight and its all go from there getting everything sorted, need a new tyre for the car etc, need to hoke out the summer gear too, weathers to be pretty good over there at the weekend along with lightning storms apparently! Happy days! Weekend should go quick enough! Oh, and i think in going to refrain from calling recruitment, what will be will be....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

I phoned and found out my vetting hadn't cleared last week, if any of you haven't phoned I wouldn't! It's nearly better not knowing if your vetting hasn't cleared, I'm torturing myself wondering what is holding it up and looking at my family funny Lol!
    I'd love to know if anyone didn't pass vetting?
    I'm trying to stay positive though, the phone call will come...

When did you send it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

221988 wrote: »
    I phoned and found out my vetting hadn't cleared last week, if any of you haven't phoned I wouldn't! It's nearly better not knowing if your vetting hasn't cleared, I'm torturing myself wondering what is holding it up and looking at my family funny Lol!
    I'd love to know if anyone didn't pass vetting?
    I'm trying to stay positive though, the phone call will come...
    painful!!!....can i ask how long its been in???:confused:

For all you know they could just be telling u that to get u off their backs, its a safe answer for them to give as they wouldn't have to check anything up to tell u. Has anyone actually phoned and been told it HAS cleared?? The amount of people ringing has probably driven them up the wall with having to check files so they probably don't bother anymore and just give the same answer for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

For all you know they could just be telling u that to get u off their backs, its a safe answer for them to give as they wouldn't have to check anything up to tell u. Has anyone actually phoned and been told it HAS cleared?? The amount of people ringing has probably driven them up the wall with having to check files so they probably don't bother anymore and just give the same answer for everyone

Good point! Another girl who is in the same group as me was told the same thing- vetting was sent in late march from what I remember.
    No news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

Your vetting is cleared when you get a place.
    Otherwise it will be ongoing, this is information another fella on these boards has given around about 9 weeks ago.

221988 wrote: »
    Good point! Another girl who is in the same group as me was told the same thing- vetting was sent in late march from what I remember.
    No news

mine was sent late march too, my opinion is they have everyone's vetting from this batch sorted, they wouldn't send out a fresh wave of forms if they were still processing folks from this group......

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

mine was sent late march too, my opinion is they have everyone's vetting from this batch sorted, they wouldn't send out a fresh wave of forms if they were still processing folks from this group......

Let's hope you're right! Going off the subject of vetting for a second, does anyone have any ideas on what the numbers would be like for people sitting waiting with everything passed? I haven't been following things closely enough to even have an attempt at guessing lol I know we're up to 20 on the board itself but I wonder what the actual number would be...

Let's hope you're right! Going off the subject of vetting for a second, does anyone have any ideas on what the numbers would be like for people sitting waiting with everything passed? I haven't been following things closely enough to even have an attempt at guessing lol I know we're up to 20 on the board itself but I wonder what the actual number would be...
    i say it would be around the 50 mark to fill the next intake, give or take a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

At best I hope 50 so it means we are all in! At worst I think 70 max but with failure at pca and a few drop outs from medical it's hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

student15 wrote: »
    Your vetting is cleared when you get a place.
    Otherwise it will be ongoing, this is information another fella on these boards has given around about 9 weeks ago.

I had my vetting confirmed as sorted over the telephone, they were just waiting for a delayed medical result. I already hold SC+DV clearances so that may have sped things up.

Who knows?! Vetting is a law unto it's self!

So JayC is in then lol

I'm hoping it's 50 from each online learning group lol would that work out?? I mean give us the 378 give or take a few drop outs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

Hey guys , I rang two weeks ago to just see if they could tell me anything. I had to inform them that I had changed jobs and addresses and they said my forms were no longer with vetting and I had to email another department. I'm from the first back of PCA and online learning. She said they're working as closely off the merit list as they can but she couldn't tell me where I was in the list

Goose2301 wrote: »
    Hey guys , I rang two weeks ago to just see if they could tell me anything. I had to inform them that I had changed jobs and addresses and they said my forms were no longer with vetting and I had to email another department. I'm from the first back of PCA and online learning. She said they're working as closely off the merit list as they can but she couldn't tell me where I was in the list

It really doesn't seem as if a merit list is as necessary as in campaigns past, seems to me that if you pass all the stages you're in, it's just a matter of when! Anyway, I'll get adding you to the list we have of those waiting for next week since you've passed everything :)

Never mind, just realised I already had you on there, sorry about that! Lol

Here's the list with the 21 of us so far. Just updating as I've done it alphabetically this time:

active_edge
    BarnesLeBeau
    charlie_six
    Chicken82
    Choobs
    Clanman889
    coogie_boogie
    Dutch_Rudder
    goose2301
    JayC90
    Mop a top
    nodrogs11
    pcplod
    Ploddington Pea
    Prenty
    sdcharger
    Sgtmort
    Sweet Chuck
    THFC1882

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Prenty

It really doesn't seem as if a merit list is as necessary as in campaigns past, seems to me that if you pass all the stages you're in, it's just a matter of when! Anyway, I'll get adding you to the list we have of those waiting for next week since you've passed everything :)

Never mind, just realised I already had you on there, sorry about that! Lol

Here's the list with the 20 of us so far. Just updating as I've done it alphabetically this time:

active_edge
    BarnesLeBeau
    charlie_six
    Chicken82
    Choobs
    Clanman889
    coogie_boogie
    Dutch_Rudder
    goose2301
    JayC90
    Mop a top
    nodrogs11
    pcplod
    Ploddington Pea
    sdcharger
    Sgtmort
    Sweet Chuck
    THFC1882

You can count me in aswell Dutch, haven't been on this is a while but have been enduring the long wait like the rest of yous, Nightmare! Lol

Am I the only girl in this group?? :-/

mother hen!! :p

Prenty wrote: »
    You can count me in aswell Dutch, haven't been on this is a while but have been enduring the long wait like the rest of yous, Nightmare! Lol

Stuck you on the list there! Hopefully only a week to go for us all till the nightmare is over lol :)

Going by this you would expect there to be at least 5 from our group of 21, but maybe the girls are just in hiding lol

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/updates/updates_statistics/updates_workforce_composition_figures.htm

Going by this you would expect there to be at least 5 from our group of 21, but maybe the girls are just in hiding lol

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/updates/updates_statistics/updates_workforce_composition_figures.htm
    Mop-A-Top is gonna be knackered from all those "Extracurricular activities" some were worried about!! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

They must be all shy and retiring, just like mop a top! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

So JayC is in then lol

I'm hoping it's 50 from each online learning group lol would that work out?? I mean give us the 378 give or take a few drop outs??

Waiting for a date like your guys.

I spoke to HR and they let me know what was still outstanding, which for me was medical. Had such a time getting my medical result sorted, Royal Mail losing letters, bank holidays and people working part time didn't help. Fingers crossed for next week now.

JayC90 wrote: »
    Waiting for a date like your guys.

I spoke to HR and they let me know what was still outstanding, which for me was medical. Had such a time getting my medical result sorted, Royal Mail losing letters, bank holidays and people working part time didn't help. Fingers crossed for next week now.
    nightmare! as if not stressful enough!
    good luck!

• Advertisement

vickmackey wrote: »
    Mop-A-Top is gonna be knackered from all those "Extracurricular activities" some were worried about!! ;):p

She's gonna feel like the lady of the manor with the female dorms all to herself! Lol

Advertisement