Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Mop a top wrote: »
    Am I the only girl in this group?? :-/

I am too :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

So, out of curiosity i gave hr a ring, well, tried to, they wouldn't speak to me at all about anything regarding my application, they wouldn't even connect me to hr, kept referring me to the website/email.......strange, considering folk that got updates no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

pcplod wrote: »
    So, out of curiosity i gave hr a ring, well, tried to, they wouldn't speak to me at all about anything regarding my application, they wouldn't even connect me to hr, kept referring me to the website/email.......strange, considering folk that got updates no problem.
    and so the conspiracy of mind games continues!!!!:(
    fair play for trying!

vickmackey wrote: »
    and so the conspiracy of mind games continues!!!!:(
    fair play for trying!

i just thought why not, but to be refused to be even connected to them, however, the girl on the phone asked what the call to hr was regarding,, maybe theyve just stopped taking all calls about applications, because of the volume of folk ringing, who knows? The plot has thickened severely!

I got through to them via occupational health. I was appealing my medical and checking what I had to do next.
    When I tried it the way you might have they said the same to me...couldn't disclose anything.
    I agree though, some seem to be getting the info really easily!!

• Advertisement

221988 wrote: »
    I got through to them via occupational health. I was appealing my medical and checking what I had to do next.
    When I tried it the way you might have they said the same to me...couldn't disclose anything.
    I agree though, some seem to be getting the info really easily!!

too easily......lol

too easily......lol

Lol. Ahhhhh this is torture!!! Why is everything so grey? Debating whether to reapply...not sure if I could do this all again. Also if my vetting fails me then it will be the same next time around!!

Lol. Ahhhhh this is torture!!! Why is everything so grey? Debating whether to reapply...not sure if I could do this all again. Also if my vetting fails me then it will be the same next time around!!

that's why im debating whether or not to reapply myself

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I think if I don't get a call next week I'll reapply again just in case, although I don't really see there being a need for us :) fingers crossed anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Same here, waiting on the medical & vetting results. If I fail either of those then there isn't any real point in re-applying.

• Advertisement

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    Same here, waiting on the medical & vetting results. If I fail either of those then there isn't any real point in re-applying.

If you fail the medical appeal it if possible! I did and eventually passed. Good luck :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Ha!!!!! You'll see shy and retiring are not 2 words to describe me. Just busy doing the mummy thing today. Need to get in as much practice as I can before looking after all you young uns lmfao!!!!

As for the extracurricular activities I've said my piece. Each to their own. The craic should be good with you cheeky ****s. I'll be gutted if I don't get in this time round

Yeah!!!! I'm not alone!!! Good to know I'll have someone to help keep the guys in check lol!!!

I'm waiting until the last week of the 2014 recruitment if I hear nothing next week I'll apply again

Yeah!!!! I'm not alone!!! Good to know I'll have someone to help keep the guys in check lol!!!

I'm waiting until the last week of the 2014 recruitment if I hear nothing next week I'll apply again

Us gals have to stick together!

I think I'll do the same.

i just thought why not, but to be refused to be even connected to them, however, the girl on the phone asked what the call to hr was regarding,, maybe theyve just stopped taking all calls about applications, because of the volume of folk ringing, who knows? The plot has thickened severely!

Maybe they're refusing to take calls this week as they're getting themselves organised to get the 2nd intake into hotel GV and to make the calls. I reckon it's an awful lot of organising, checking and rechecking going on. Besides there might only be a couple of people in the office Just a though but the waiting is killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Goose2301

It's mad - I rang them asking to speak to someone regarding my application as I cancelled a holiday for later in the year just incase I got in and to tell them about change in details and the man on switchboard said there is no one here to deal with applications you'll have to email the website. I hung up and rang back and got a woman who put me through to HR though she did say she couldn't tell me anything about my application or when / if I would be made an offer just that they were starting every 5 week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Maybe they're refusing to take calls this week as they're getting themselves organised to get the 2nd intake into hotel GV and to make the calls. I reckon it's an awful lot of organising, checking and rechecking going on. Besides there might only be a couple of people in the office Just a though but the waiting is killing me
    funny i'd been thinking the same -- a big problem could be that they only have a few staff dealing with a massive amount of new applications/checks/vetting/paperwork etc etc etc. ... plus we are coming in to what could be holiday season for all the admin staff too..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

The last four weeks have went fairly quickly but I'm not looking forward to the next seven days. It'll drag in for certain!

Trying to keep as busy as I can but it's hard not to watch the phone lol. I'm not sure which I dreading most, seeing people posting on here that they're in or me maybe not getting a call :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Last time round people who rang me on the thurs and fri must have been utterly bewildered at my erratic behaviour... Yup uh-huh uh-huh ok bye!!! Free the line free the damn line people

• Advertisement

Aaarrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! That is all lol

*watches the clock impatiently* roll on next week is all I can say! I was looking through the wait threads for previous campaigns or the ones where people say they're in and it seems like every now and again people don't get a call, they'll just arrive home one day to find a welcome pack on their doormat. Anyone know if his has happened yet this time around for the previous two intakes?

I'm dying already!!! How the hell can folk wait for another intake if this one doesn't work :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

That's my medial passed and online just finished. Let the waiting commence :)

Sgtmort wrote: »
    That's my medial passed and online just finished. Let the waiting commence :)

Did you have your medical this week Sgtmort or last? The guy doing the SMT said it would take a week for them to get the results to the PSNI so you're probably hoping for a call next week like the rest of us! :) welcome!

I'm dying already!!! How the hell can folk wait for another intake if this one doesn't work :-/

Ugh I know especially as both of us JUST missed on out on the timescale for the last one so we've waited a full 5 weeks by the time next week rolls around.

Ugh I know especially as both of us JUST missed on out on the timescale for the last one so we've waited a full 5 weeks by the time next week rolls around.

Yeah I heard they did the calls the week before my medical. I'm sick with nerves excitement anticipation. I really hate the limbo stage. Wish they'd even say 6 months at least id know. I'm suck waiting trying to sort out childminders etc who need dates etc. nightmare. I hate maybes lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

During the training is there an option to live in for the full duration?

During the training is there an option to live in for the full duration?

Yeah I think if it's if you live upwards of 30 or 50 miles away, can't remember which though, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Ok thanks, roughly I'm about 140+ miles away. Gonna be a logistical nightmare if I get into GV.

Advertisement