Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

pcplod wrote: »
    Still debating whether to apply again or not, this waiting and uncertainty is just mental torture when they could just as easily say youve no job at the end of it all, its at the stage now where its having an effect on life both at home and in work with me being so preoccupied. Yes i know the saying that if u work hard enough for something you will get it etc but when it goes on for 8/9 months..........i just wish they could say to folk waiting that a call is coming rather than leaving folk in limbo, another 5 week wait is going to wreck me....

Couldn't agree more. If they said to me yeah but it's going to be November for example I could live with it. This is horrible not knowing and as you say it takes over everything, my nearest and dearest must be sick of me talking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

I agree too, said to my partner recently that regardless of how much I want this I think I would feel relieved to find out I HADNT got in, just to know the wait was over. It's a huge stress. Just keep trying to remind myself that I'm lucky to be in this position, thousands didn't make it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Holding on to that last bit of hope that calls may go out tomorrow...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Totally agreeing with you all. My score wasn't as good as yours, 71% still an A but a bit annoying when you see 72's getting in and folk with 80+ waiting. WTF springs to mind. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it so I'm trying to stop applying it to the recruitment process. Easier said than done I'm sure.

I'd rather know I'm starting in 2/3/4 months so I can get work sorted and know whether to take orders or not. I've got people asking about July and August and I have to turn them away in case I'm in and not able to do it. Last thing I'd want to do is take an order and have to drop someone in it cos I'm in GV. Plus I've a childminding company wanting an approximate start date. They're needing to know whether to employ my potential childminder elsewhere or not grrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I know exactly what you mean, I'm self employed too, not a huge operation and the summer is my quiet period and My usual papers etc are calling about advertising I usually take but I'm frightened to advertise and then get the call, could be letting people down, already have a customer base I'll have to contact and defer to another person, also my partner and family invited me on a holiday in July, I haven't booked anything as I hadn't heard, if I don't hear soon I know I'll be clear and can go but the price has went up by £600. Should have booked it at the time and risked cancelling it, just never would have believed it would jump by that much, the flights have more than doubled, Nearly tripled. Ok, moan over. Phew!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Chicken82 wrote: »
    I know exactly what you mean, I'm self employed too, not a huge operation and the summer is my quiet period and My usual papers etc are calling about advertising I usually take but I'm frightened to advertise and then get the call, could be letting people down, already have a customer base I'll have to contact and defer to another person, also my partner and family invited me on a holiday in July, I haven't booked anything as I hadn't heard, if I don't hear soon I know I'll be clear and can go but the price has went up by £600. Should have booked it at the time and risked cancelling it, just never would have believed it would jump by that much, the flights have more than doubled, Nearly tripled. Ok, moan over. Phew!!

Waaaooooow feel for you with those flights buddy. Turned down a holiday myself but that is "criminal" (see what I did there :)

Lmao, yeah I got it. You're totally chasing the wrong career, you should be on stage dude! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

Chicken82 wrote: »
    I agree too, said to my partner recently that regardless of how much I want this I think I would feel relieved to find out I HADNT got in, just to know the wait was over. It's a huge stress. Just keep trying to remind myself that I'm lucky to be in this position, thousands didn't make it :/

Very much this.

I was planning on reapplying if I didn't get the call for this intake, it can't hurt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

I'm reapplying but I don't think the psni would pay and watch us pass all the stages to do them again . It is a waste of recruiting budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

It's quite possible they failed to get enough people to fill the numbers they were hoping to recruit this time. It's also quite possible they have more applicants remaining than there are places and they're putting a surplus to needs through the stages to ensure they can get the required number at the end of the process. It's pretty standard recruiting tactics.

Having said that, you scored higher than me. You'll get there eventually :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

They may be mixing up intakes with scores to, you never know. If you have passed everything, its either that or vetting.

I know vetting is all I'm waiting for my worry is vetting won't complete on time sounds crazy but I have a big family and I lived abroad for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

That would explain your wait I suppose.

It does but still vetting now has been 11 weeks criminal record checks and what not do not take that long

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

nodrogs11 wrote: »
    It does but still vetting now has been 11 weeks criminal record checks and what not do not take that long

Vetting is more than just record checks. If you've lived in various force areas in the UK, say PSNIs, Metropolitan Police, Merseyside, wherever, they will request them to check their local systems for any intelligence or infomation that isn't recorded on PNC. With you living abroad, they may even be requesting infomation for the police forces from those countries. If you had acquired "certificates of good conduct" (basically a piece of paper that says you didn't have any dealings with the polis) and submitted them with your vetting forms it might have sped things up. Who knows, vetting is a strange thing!

I agree jay but access ni can get access to these records within days because of reciprocal agreement it has across rep of Ireland and uk . I do appreciate though it is a lot of paper work to pull together and understand my wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Sdcharger

im guessing the people who have had the call that had medical in last few weeks scored highly at ac? starting to lose faith as well medical 3rd week of april, mid 70's ac if I don't get call next month i'll have given up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Anyone hopeful that calls might go out today? The calls that went out Friday and yesterday might be to fill up the spaces from the previous intakes so more could go out this week as per the 5 week time frame, just a thought......

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

pcplod wrote: »
    Anyone hopeful that calls might go out today? The calls that went out Friday and yesterday might be to fill up the spaces from the previous intakes so more could go out this week as per the 5 week time frame, just a thought......
    Keep the faith said a man from New Jersey once upon a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Anyone that got the call on Friday received anything in the post yet??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Anyone that got the call on Friday received anything in the post yet??

Not yet, hopefully today

Lol aye right you rub it in, post things like that in the thread we want to be in :P

(Joke btw in case this gets blown out of proportion)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Yikesss......sorry, I'm such an insensitive sod... I will refrain from any similar posts.

Men!! Pffft ;)

Yikesss......sorry, I'm such an insensitive sod... I will refrain from any similar posts.

I was only taking the piss. Thought you had a sense of humour :P

Right my lovelies!!!! What's everyone's opinion on reapplying now? Anyone giving HR a call to see if they're suggesting we do or not. I'm very tempted but have no number. Opinions please

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Mop a top wrote: »
    Right my lovelies!!!! What's everyone's opinion on reapplying now? Anyone giving HR a call to see if they're suggesting we do or not. I'm very tempted but have no number. Opinions please

I imagine you'll get a rather unhelpful, "we can't make that decision for you, it's down to you".

But hey ho worth a go, call 101 and ask for them :)

Mop a top wrote: »

I'm not going to. The way I'm looking at it is that if I don't get in this time it's down to my vetting which will be the same next time around. Plus I don't know if I would pass it all again, particularly IST and push pull! Lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

221988 wrote: »
    I'm not going to. The way I'm looking at it is that if I don't get in this time it's down to my vetting which will be the same next time around. Plus I don't know if I would pass it all again, particularly IST and push pull! Lol!
    i thought they had to tell you if you failed vetting? - give you chance to appeal / explain??:confused:

• Advertisement

vickmackey wrote: »
    i thought they had to tell you if you failed vetting? - give you chance to appeal / explain??:confused:

Yeah im sure they do. I'm saying that if I don't get in now it will be down to vetting. I had an email from them today questioning something on mine...theyve had it since March!

Advertisement