Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

221988 wrote: »
    Yeah im sure they do. I'm saying that if I don't get in now it will be down to vetting. I had an email from them today questioning something on mine...theyve had it since March!

I would take that as a good sign! It means you know they're actually processing yours now and you could be in line for the next intake. I wouldn't mind them querying me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Yeah im sure they do. I'm saying that if I don't get in now it will be down to vetting. I had an email from them today questioning something on mine...theyve had it since March!
    flip me!- march!! :eek: .....not asking what it is, but was it something that you could resolve easy by email?,(as Dutch says, something can make you eligible for next intake?) or something you feel should have been asked ages ago by them?:confused:...maybe needed further info...

vickmackey wrote: »
    flip me!- march!! :eek: .....not asking what it is, but was it something that you could resolve easy by email?,(as Dutch says, something can make you eligible for next intake?) or something you feel should have been asked ages ago by them?:confused:...maybe needed further info...

Just to clarify a bit, what I meant was not that answering it would make them eligible but rather the fact they're actually processing it now (and their query is evidence of this) means AC&V have around 5 weeks to get it checked to have them ready in time for the next batch.

From reading through old posts of the campaigns from years ago it almost seems as if your vetting just goes in a pile when they get it and they work through them, that's why there's no way of knowing when it'll be done (as you could have a massive family or loads of past addresses) or even if they've started it. I sent mine mid March as well and have heard nothing, I even thought mine would be a wee quick one since I'm still a homebird with one address my whole life, small family, no convictions/offences etc etc but it seems pretty obvious by now there is just no way to second guess this process.

I've tried to keep the thought in my head the past few days that really, this is the job I see myself doing for the next 30 odd years of my life, what's another five weeks of waiting in the grand scheme of things?

Anyway, that's my thoughts on the matter just thought I'd make it more clear what I meant.

yes -- all adding to the confusing process - automatically think that they have been processing vetting upon receipt of it, as they insist it must be back within 14days. as you say, some like your own will be more straight forward than the likes of myself, with 4 siblings, previous hiccups along the way and few addresses.

yes -- all adding to the confusing process - automatically think that they have been processing vetting upon receipt of it, as they insist it must be back within 14days. as you say, some like your own will be more straight forward than the likes of myself, with 4 siblings, previous hiccups along the way and few addresses.

Well I THOUGHT it would be more straightforward and yet...no call yesterday or. Friday lol oh well maybe we're due for a cracking summer and it's just giving me more chance to enjoy it! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Well I failed and appealed my medical which probably slowed things up....about a month I reckon.
    It was just expired points on my drivers license. I had to email an explanation. But even still it's been a long wait for everyone!!

Well I failed and appealed my medical which probably slowed things up....about a month I reckon.
    It was just expired points on my drivers license. I had to email an explanation. But even still it's been a long wait for everyone!!
    NIGHTMARE FOR YOU! as if not frustrating enough!
    best of luck for next calls :cool:

NIGHTMARE FOR YOU! as if not frustrating enough!
    best of luck for next calls :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Just discovered something worrying today, my partner and I have recently sold our property and have had an offer accepted on our dream house. We don't require any finance to buy the house but as it is derelict we will need to mortgage it once we have possession of it to renovate it. My partner is self employed and only has one years books so she cannot get a mortgage for 2 years. We were relying on me getting the mortgage but IF I get in ill be on probation for two years and won't get a mortgage until that's up. If I get in we may have just spent every penny we have on a house we can't live in, I need to pray I can get the sale finalised and started going for the mortgage before I get in!!! Anyone any experience of anything like this? Felt physically sick when I remembered the 2 year probation thing :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Sorry to jump in on your thread but I've been following it.

I work in that particular area. Your right. 2 years books for a self employed worker to get a mortgage.

What stage are you at? Have you got a completion date? If you get it all through ASAP then there is nothing your lender can do if you change jobs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Chicken82 wrote: »
    Just discovered something worrying today, my partner and I have recently sold our property and have had an offer accepted on our dream house. We don't require any finance to buy the house but as it is derelict we will need to mortgage it once we have possession of it to renovate it. My partner is self employed and only has one years books so she cannot get a mortgage for 2 years. We were relying on me getting the mortgage but IF I get in ill be on probation for two years and won't get a mortgage until that's up. If I get in we may have just spent every penny we have on a house we can't live in, I need to pray I can get the sale finalised and started going for the mortgage before I get in!!! Anyone any experience of anything like this? Felt physically sick when I remembered the 2 year probation thing :/

Had a little experience if that. When my ex got in we were buying our house. We used an independent mortgage rep that we knew who pretty much guaranteed we'd get the mortgage. He wrote a letter to the lender and we had a guarantor on it just in case the probation thing effected it. As far as I know your probation is like any other job. Keep your head down and get on with the job and you shouldn't have a problem

No, no completion date, they're thinking end of the month for our own, week or two after for the house we are buying. If we have to sacrifice and rent for a year or so it wouldn't be the end of the world, just very frustrating and costly. Might consider a static caravan in the garden if there's no way round it, my own upmarket take on the glen road gypsy camp lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Have you got "the call" yet?

The mortgage market has changed in the last few months. Would be tough to get it through even if a family friend was a mortgage advisor. Best of luck.

PM if you need any info

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

How do I get the phone number for HR?

How do I get the phone number for HR?

I had to ring them yesterday, I rang 101 and they put me through. Hope that helps.

I had to ring them yesterday, I rang 101 and they put me through. Hope that helps.

Were they ok about you ringing? I really don't want to piss them off lol

Talking to my best friend about the application process today. This randomly popped into my head! Seems rather appropriate, not sure if you'll all agree but we laughed about it!! Come on July!!!! Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuABhumm6fY&sns=em

Mop a top wrote: »
    Were they ok about you ringing? I really don't want to piss them off lol

Lol I know what you mean! I had to call them, they emailed me about my vetting. They wouldn't disclose anything else though.

When they emailed did it go into your junk folder? I've just had a think about that recently since I usually just delete everything in there without checking what it is lol

Im just concerned cos I've got an op coming up. Nothing major but you've heard what they're like with time off in GV. If I'm next intake it will be about 3weeks in if they stick to the 5 weeks but I need to give hospital the yes or no :-/

• Advertisement

When they emailed did it go into your junk folder? I've just had a think about that recently since I usually just delete everything in there without checking what it is lol

Oh god I never thought of that!!!!

How many of us are left in limbo now Dutch? You were doing the list last time?

Oh god I never thought of that!!!!

How many of us are left in limbo now Dutch? You were doing the list last time?

Hmm from memory I think about 13 would be left on it but I'll have a check this evening at about 9.30ish and post it up again if no one else beats me to the punch lol it shouldn't take too long, I'll just go on the Intake 3 thread and take all those lucky sods off our list :P and yeah I really hope the junk thing is just nothing to worry about, it's just I think the online learning ones went into mine. Then again, vetting is a completely different email address and separate entity to the online thing so hopefully there's nothing to worry about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Hmm from memory I think about 13 would be left on it but I'll have a check this evening at about 9.30ish and post it up again if no one else beats me to the punch lol it shouldn't take too long, I'll just go on the Intake 3 thread and take all those lucky sods off our list :P and yeah I really hope the junk thing is just nothing to worry about, it's just I think the online learning ones went into mine. Then again, vetting is a completely different email address and separate entity to the online thing so hopefully there's nothing to worry about!

i got an email from vetting when i sent my forms in about my photo that i forgot to send in, went into my normal inbox, but havnt thought to check junk mail and it empties automatically every week.....woops.....

Im just concerned cos I've got an op coming up. Nothing major but you've heard what they're like with time off in GV. If I'm next intake it will be about 3weeks in if they stick to the 5 weeks but I need to give hospital the yes or no :-/
    I'm pretty sure you can ask to defer. I've a broken hand at the min so I'll have to ask to. I'm sure if you are having an operation they will let you go in later. Maybe I'm being way too wishfull in my thinking here?! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I'm pretty sure you can ask to defer. I've a broken hand at the min so I'll have to ask to. I'm sure if you are having an operation they will let you go in later. Maybe I'm being way too wishfull in my thinking here?! Lol

would they defer me because i lost a thumbnail? Lol its bloody agony! Can barely lift a thing with it.....not as bad as a broken hand mind you, how did you manage that?

Ok so here's the list I promised of those of us still playing the waiting game, by my count that's 14 left on there taking out those hallions who managed to bag themselves a phone call :P I would say they're lucky, but there's no luck in this process! They've earned it and hopefully soon enough we will too!

active_edge
    BarnesLeBeau
    Chicken82
    Clanman889
    Dutch_Rudder
    JayC90
    Mop a top
    nodrogs11
    pcplod
    Prenty
    sdcharger
    Sgtmort
    THFC1882
    Tommy Gunn

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

On average how many intakes does each campaign have? We're up to 3 so far which are taking up roughly 100-120 places? Is that about right?

On average how many intakes does each campaign have? We're up to 3 so far which are taking up roughly 100-120 places? Is that about right?

Sounds about right to me, 40 from the first going by a link from the PSNI website showing the strength of the force and 39 student officers were listed, then by all accounts it seems to be 30 from the second.

No clue on the size of this one but at least 30 I would say so 3 intakes gives us your guess of 120 max and there are 378 spaces so would that be 9 intakes then maybe? 8 more would take us up to the March 2015 date that they said they would use this set of people on the merit list from.

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Have you got "the call" yet?

The mortgage market has changed in the last few months. Would be tough to get it through even if a family friend was a mortgage advisor. Best of luck.

PM if you need any info

No!! No 'call' yet, still hanging on to hope by the fingernails, if I get it I will probably start to attck your inbox lol, thanks :)

• Advertisement

Thanks! Thought they would but it's only a day procedure but they reckon I'll be sore for a few days after. Wouldn't like the thought of deferring. Might just tell the hospital to get me fitted in before that if possible lol.

Cheers for the list Dutch!! So do you guys all think were in and it's a case if wait your turn?

Advertisement