Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I reckon so! Why send out forms etc to a new batch if they hadn't processed current waiting group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

You do realise if you're wrong I'll kick your ass. My best friends keep saying the same as you. They reckon they wouldn't bring the next lot through vetting and PCA with lower scores than us unless they hadn't enough places for us in limbo and some of them. I really hope you're right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Mop a top wrote: »
    You do realise if you're wrong I'll kick your ass. My best friends keep saying the same as you. They reckon they wouldn't bring the next lot through vetting and PCA with lower scores than us unless they hadn't enough places for us in limbo and some of them. I really hope you're right :)

I hope u get a place :) Jus make sure ya leave one for me .. :)

LG1985 wrote: »
    I hope u get a place :) Jus make sure ya leave one for me .. :)

Aww thanks my lovely!! What stage are you at?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Iv just sent off my vetting forms and got my pca date at the start of the week so still a long way off! Lol!

• Advertisement

LG1985 wrote: »
    Iv just sent off my vetting forms and got my pca date at the start of the week so still a long way off! Lol!

Yeah but you're getting there!!! You'll be in limbo soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

I got word that I passed my medical on Friday. Do you get any word that the vetting's passed or do I just wait?

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    I got word that I passed my medical on Friday. Do you get any word that the vetting's passed or do I just wait?

You just wait and wait and wait then slowly lose the will to live especially when you see other people getting the call. Ask Dutch and pcplod they'll agree lol!!! Welcome to limbo!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Its like the worst doctors waiting room.........ever! Its like your name will never be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Yeah and the fact the calls went out earlier than expected has really thrown me lol don't know how long we've to tough it out for now! 4 weeks from Friday when they went out would be the 4th July, I would think there's no way they're going out the week after that as it's over the 11th and 12th weekend. Really then it could be as little as 4 and as much as 6 taking us up to the 18th :( nightmare lol anyway welcome to limbo Tommy Gunn, pull up a seat, I guarantee you'll be pulling your hair out like the rest of us lol I'll stick you on that updated list as well.

• Advertisement

Dutch do you think they went a week early to give them the 5 weeks and get them started just before 12th rather than have it go on the regular 5 weeks and have to do more admin in a 4 day week cos of the bank holiday?

Dutch do you think they went a week early to give them the 5 weeks and get them started just before 12th rather than have it go on the regular 5 weeks and have to do more admin in a 4 day week cos of the bank holiday?

You could be right on that one Mop a top! It's hard to say since the 12th is a Saturday which they would be having off anyway so they could get the Monday off or maybe they don't get it at all. I thought I read somewhere before that the only days you get off in GV are Christmas Day and New Year's Day. I could be wrong on that but I suppose working bank holidays is something everyone will have to get used to anyway lol.

With the calls though you could be right that going early gives them more time and avoids the 4 day week. I don't know if the people doing the calls are actual officers (wouldn't think so) but they're probably entitled to that Monday off (the 14th) so the calls could go the week before or the week after. It's going to be a nightmare lol fingers crossed the weather's nice at least haha

I was under the impression it was civilians doing the calling and the admin that's why I thought they'd be having the bank holiday off. Don't you usually start your stay at GV on a Sunday? Well it was just a theory lol. Were just struggling trying to make logic from nonsense lol!!!

I was under the impression it was civilians doing the calling and the admin that's why I thought they'd be having the bank holiday off. Don't you usually start your stay at GV on a Sunday? Well it was just a theory lol. Were just struggling trying to make logic from nonsense lol!!!

I'm sure there's method to their madness, not a bloody clue what it is though haha and yeah of course! You're right about the Sunday I forgot about that completely. They could maybe be starting the Sunday before the 12th then. Honestly who knows haha I'm just going to try and keep myself occupied with getting my fitness back up again! Hurt my leg a wee bit a couple of weeks ago which made it hard to go for my runs and then uni coming to an end didn't help time wise lol I said before on here though, whoever said patience is a virtue is an eejit who clearly never had to wait for anything they really wanted! :P

Patience is a virtue indeed. Can't even use that on the kids anymore as I feel like such a hypocrite lol!!!

Wise idea. I'm trying to get back into it. Between kids work and online learning I kind of neglected the fitness side. Getting there thankfully but probably wouldn't pass PCA ATM :-/ I think they make you do it in your first full day there and time you. You have to improve on that time while you're there. They used to do it like that so I'm not sure if it's still like that. Was a little relieved when I didn't get the call, more time to train lol

Patience is a virtue indeed. Can't even use that on the kids anymore as I feel like such a hypocrite lol!!!

Wise idea. I'm trying to get back into it. Between kids work and online learning I kind of neglected the fitness side. Getting there thankfully but probably wouldn't pass PCA ATM :-/ I think they make you do it in your first full day there and time you. You have to improve on that time while you're there. They used to do it like that so I'm not sure if it's still like that. Was a little relieved when I didn't get the call, more time to train lol

I wonder does anyone chance their arm and half ass it so that they can easily improve their time? :P haha I'm the same though, not sure I'd pass it again at the moment. On the day I was convinced I had failed anyway since I made the stupid mistake of kicking a cone over on my second lap and then falling off the balance beam (I'm not the most graceful of chaps lol clumsy should be my middle name!) and of course that's what we were warned beforehand NOT to do as it's the most time consuming part! I didn't even walk slowly to the push/pull as I thought it was all over for me and just wanted to get it finished so I could go home lol

I was thinking the same thing but then I reckon those girls are clued in and will be chasing us and pushing us on lol!!

I was thinking going round it "what's going to happen to me" broken bones/throwing up like the others maybe a dramatic faint from the top of the stairs lmao!! I really didn't think I'd passed it. Did it clean thankfully but almost came off the balance beam on the last lap and thought if I came off here my gymnast daughter would never let me live it down lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Sent an email today asking if I can defer to a later intake.

See Coogie thinks we'll be better craic lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Oh yes!!

• Advertisement

Sorry!! Couldn't help taking the piss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Yeah and the fact the calls went out earlier than expected has really thrown me lol don't know how long we've to tough it out for now! 4 weeks from Friday when they went out would be the 4th July, I would think there's no way they're going out the week after that as it's over the 11th and 12th weekend. Really then it could be as little as 4 and as much as 6 taking us up to the 18th :( nightmare lol anyway welcome to limbo Tommy Gunn, pull up a seat, I guarantee you'll be pulling your hair out like the rest of us lol I'll stick you on that updated list as well.

Damn! was hoping to find out soon. I get exam results soon and have to decide whether or not to continue my course. A course I won't be able to finish if I get into GV. Can't really ask work to pay for it either if I end up leaving.

Sorry tommy it seems like there's no set rule about when you get the call. I had 5 weeks almost exactly between each stage and was expecting a call today or tomorrow but they did them earlier. I'm not sure how long others have been waiting though but apparently it's all down to your vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

I would be fairly confident in saying the latest the next calls could be while giving enough time is July 14th

Coogie would be the one to ask. If he's deferred and they've given him an approximate start date he'd be able to count back 5 weeks lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Did my best not to look at the forum on Monday- not a nice day! Another long 5 weeks to go :-(

I'm assuming there's been no calls today?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

I'm assuming there's been no calls today?!?

Doesn't look like it! Another 5 weeks to 'patiently' wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Unfortunately not it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

and so LIMBO-LAND continues..... sorry for you guys, but the call WILL come. at least you'll be able to top up your tans over the summer! :-)

Advertisement