Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol don't you just all love the enthuasim we have about waiting!!! I'm just savouring how miserable I'm feeling now so when we all get the call and walk into GV suited and booted or in my case dressed and heeled lol it will make it all the more sweeter!!!!

I'll be waiting longer. Just rang them. My vetting is STILL outstanding. Don't get it. Small family, very few addresses etc. grrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭vickmackey

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'll be waiting longer. Just rang them. My vetting is STILL outstanding. Don't get it. Small family, very few addresses etc. grrrrr

Seriously?!?! Wtf? Considering you have exfamily in it too....nightmare, sorry to hear. Hope it's sorted quickly..... Going on that, mine won't clear till 2025, if ever!!!

Lmfao!!! Indeed I was wondering if I can resubmit it NOW for the next campaign lol!!!! Well she said you can appeal it and she also said if I wanted to reapply this recruitment campaign I could. Tbh I'm now thinking I might not cos my vetting situation wouldn't change between now and then. The only thing that could let me down now is that my AC score wasn't high enough but then I could reapply and try for a higher score?! Aarrrggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Damned if I do.....

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

They could just be saying that to cover their asses for the next 5 weeks Mop a top! I wouldn't sweat it too much :) it hasn't seemed like there's been too many people on saying they've passed medicals and things recently so maybe the pool of people is getting smaller meaning they're going to concentrate on people like us who have passed everything to make sure vetting is finished for next intake. Fingers crossed!

• Advertisement

Lmfao!!!! That came through on my email as the poop of people. I nearly pmsl!! I know there's a lot of talk about people getting their forms and dates ATM. Fingers crossed for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

So, just sitting putting in the time with a few glasses of vino and a bit of football, i must say its helping to take my mind off the anguish of this recruitment process......

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

pcplod wrote: »
    So, just sitting putting in the time with a few glasses of vino and a bit of football, i must say its helping to take my mind off the anguish of this recruitment process......

Yes it's amazing how you can feign interest in Chile vs Australia. Anything to distract yourself lol

Lol you're lucky at least you can distract yourself with football

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

I watch this thread every day, looking forward to the moment that Mop a top and Dutch Rudder confirm that they have got the call, because you have both been posting and chatting away on the agony of the wait, and I feel for you both.

If you are both 70 plus ACer's and have no criminal links and didn't just write the word sausages for your answers to the two 150 word questions on the initial application form, then it is when, not if, you get the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

I watch this thread every day, looking forward to the moment that Mop a top and Dutch Rudder confirm that they have got the call, because you have both been posting and chatting away on the agony of the wait, and I feel for you both.

If you are both 70 plus ACer's and have no criminal links and didn't just write the word sausages for your answers to the two 150 word questions on the initial application form, then it is when, not if, you get the call.

Phew! I wrote "sizzling sausages"! :-)

Phew! I wrote "sizzling sausages"! :-)

Then you are cooking, and should have been offered the job at the first stage.

Then you are cooking, and should have been offered the job at the first stage.

I must report my concerns immediately to George Hamilton, this simply isn't good enough :-)

I must report my concerns immediately to George Hamilton, this simply isn't good enough :-)

Ok, been on the phone to George, gives his regards to all and he said that anyone who put "sizzling sausages" in their application will start in gv as instructors. Also, drill sessions will be undertaken by the ministry of funny walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Tell the truth, you just can't wait for us both to give over :P haha thank you mate, if you end up being the intake ahead of me just wait till I'm melting your head with questions :P

I'm sure you're having a right laugh at us then!!! I'd be happy if they told me I start 6 months from now. Just annoying when I've got a childminder waiting for the green light and customers being told I MIGHT be able to do it. Just wanting a call so I can at least plan and get on with my life lol!!!

I don't know if it's good enough but I got 71% in AC. Fingers crossed I guess

I'm sure you're having a right laugh at us then!!! I'd be happy if they told me I start 6 months from now. Just annoying when I've got a childminder waiting for the green light and customers being told I MIGHT be able to do it. Just wanting a call so I can at least plan and get on with my life lol!!!

I don't know if it's good enough but I got 71% in AC. Fingers crossed I guess

Nothing funny about waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Looking for some advice – I know that once training has finished you can be posted anywhere in Northern Ireland, problem is that I will be moving to Northern Ireland and will be bringing my wife and 4 year old daughter. My daughter is due to start school in September so what school do I put her in and in what area?? I’m worried that once training is finished I could get posted the other side of the country and have to swap her schools again... I’m feeling really bad already for having to move her away from grandparents ect and just want as little upset as possible for her.

Word on the inside is that Derry/Londonderry are really short staffed and apparently so is belfast. Maybe look at somewhere in between? Coleraine? Ballymoney? Ballymena? Antrim? I know that's not very helpful. I've moved my kids out of a town school to a country one cos the teacher:kid ratio is much better. My eldest was p5 when I did this and I know it's tight on the wee ones but P6 is their important year here so don't worry too much about moving the wee one. Their more resilient than you think.

You could hear a mouse fart its that quiet in here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Just heard that only 20 went in yesterday in the second intake. Seems really small. Very few must have cleared vetting?!

Has everyone on here reapplied? I'm in two minds :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

221988 wrote: »
    Just heard that only 20 went in yesterday in the second intake. Seems really small. Very few must have cleared vetting?!

Around 30-35 were at the induction weekend. Shocking if only 20 showed on the first day of GV.

221988 wrote: »

Thinking about it.

I'm not reapplying...

Can't understand people not taking places after going through it all. Wtf?!? What were they actually expecting GV and serving to be like? T**ts

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

10 - 15 drop outs? No way! Weird

HR said it wasn't 9-5 like the rumours. Long hard days overnights etc suppose it's maybe not as attractive to some folk after that

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

Yeah thats true, though the first 4 weeks are residential and the job is shift work. Would seem strange for some people to turn it down just as the training is in shifts to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I had heard there were only ever going to be 30 in that intake

• Advertisement

The HR rep at the open day I went to say was batches of approx 50. Guess they might have it that high to allow for drop outs. Not sure tbh, more guesstimating lol

Advertisement