Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Intakes could be going on for a long while then if they want the 378

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

The more drop outs the better for us still waiting on PCA and medicals, long may it continue!

I find it hard to believe people don't know it's shift work.....

Would love to know figures of people not turning up

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Rang the gardai who have had my vetting since at least late March and they said they're posting all applicants reports up this week. Had to bite my tongue on the phone to remain cordial. Aaarrggghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Rang the gardai who have had my vetting since at least late March and they said they're posting all applicants reports up this week. Had to bite my tongue on the phone to remain cordial. Aaarrggghhhh!

Does that mean the Gardai have completed your vetting Barnes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Barnes I sent mine off mid may and it's still outstanding and I didn't have to wait on the Gardai!!!!!! Chin up, we'll get the call!!! :)

Omg it's getting a bit bitchy on some of those threads. Think I'll stick to limbo lol

Yeah that came out of no where. I was considering removing my comment.

Will leave that thread alone

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Settling back in for another wait. *puts feet up*

Dekkers wrote: »
    Settling back in for another wait. *puts feet up*

Well done!

How was it today?

Medical and online learning then

• Advertisement

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Well done!

How was it today?

Medical and online learning then

Cheers oz! I thought it was ok. The thought of it is worse than the thing itself. Didn't have problem with the air like lots of ones but my throats been scratchy anyhow. Plus with heat they'd door open so dunno if that's standard!

Looking forward to getting stuck into online learning. Not looking forward to medical ha

How long yours have to wait between stages? Seems to be a right bit of variation.

Well I just got my PCA date through last week. Bit of a wait but I can live with it. Step my training up a gear and hammer it out now for the next while.

Seems some people have had to wait a few weeks for medical date

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Well I just got my PCA date through last week. Bit of a wait but I can live with it. Step my training up a gear and hammer it out now for the next while.

Seems some people have had to wait a few weeks for medical date

Cool. Yeah definitely use the time wisely. PCA Is very doable but if you let the nerves get to you, well you know what can happen.

Obvious advice but a cool head is key imo.

They never opened the door until people stated puking in my session lol!!!!

Oztop I wasn't on about yours, you weren't implying that people without degrees couldn't spot things that people them with could. Tbh I'd give anyone a run for their money, friends are always saying I spot the weirdest of things lol. Just think the topic has gotten a bit bitchy. Does that person think we might meet and find out it's them. Were all supposed to be a team and work together not put each other down and be condescending just cos of a piece of paper.

Cool. Yeah definitely use the time wisely. PCA Is very doable but if you let the nerves get to you, well you know what can happen.

Obvious advice but a cool head is key imo.

Noted! Cheers :-)

It's just another circuit class which has no bearing on my life*

*means everything to me and I'll be devastated if I fail

Nah I'll keep a cool head and get through it :-)

Mop a top wrote: »

Oztop I wasn't on about yours, you weren't implying that people without degrees couldn't spot things that people them with could. Tbh I'd give anyone a run for their money, friends are always saying I spot the weirdest of things lol. Just think the topic has gotten a bit bitchy. Does that person think we might meet and find out it's them. Were all supposed to be a team and work together not put each other down and be condescending just cos of a piece of paper.

Cheers!

Was trying to get across that everyone who gets in will have something to offer no matter of background!

Anyway...can't wait until I'm in this stage.....

My niece has drawn me pictures that are more valuable than my degree.

My niece has drawn me pictures that are more valuable than my degree.

Love that!!!!

Love that!!!!

I don't!

They're not much good, truth be told.

:D

Bad bugger!!!

• Advertisement

Bad bugger!!!

Lol I'm sure you've done your fair share of 'aww...that's a great...elephant?...car?..oh I see it's your friends mummy in the hospital having a new baby...how creepily specific'.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Fair play to you guys still bantering away in here. I've kept my head down this week trying to get through another month. So frustrating that even this late in the game my vetting might not have cleared and the wait builds you up so much that bad news would be horrific!

You reapplying again then?

Ah I thought this was 'Delay email, bitch' thread, sorry for intruding yesterday! :)

Although it's really irresponsible for someone to name a thread 'The Wait' when there's about 17 waits. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Choobs

Ah I thought this was 'Delay email, bitch' thread, sorry for intruding yesterday! :)

Although it's really irresponsible for someone to name a thread 'The Wait' when there's about 17 waits. :D

I'm channeling Jesse from Breaking Bad into what I think is your auto correct error for the thread title :)

Choobs wrote: »
    I'm channeling Jesse from Breaking Bad into what I think is your auto correct error for the thread title :)

No error lol just a throw back to an earlier post in said thread. But your spot on as it is a Jesse Pinkman reference!

Nearly had heart failure this evening. Was coaching today and when I finished I checked my phone. Missed called from an unknown number and 5 from voicemail. I nearly wet myself, held my breath when I rang voicemail only to hear some stupid dentist rearranged an appointment. I could have died

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

This really is hell isn't it! When my phone rights from an unknown number I drop everything and answer, only for it to be some recording!

Answering means you get more calls, just can't win ha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

I love how the Medical letter states 'PSNI recruitment will be in touch with you shortly'. Shortly seems to hold a different definition these days :)

• Advertisement

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    I love how the Medical letter states 'PSNI recruitment will be in touch with you shortly'. Shortly seems to hold a different definition these days :)

Haha a bit like their 'slight' 1 month delay that some of us had to endure.

Advertisement