Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    I love how the Medical letter states 'PSNI recruitment will be in touch with you shortly'. Shortly seems to hold a different definition these days :)

It definitely has you second guessing yourself that you've done something wrong doesn't it? The waiting certainly isn't fun! Maybe it's actually pre-training for going on stakeouts like in the movies where you put up with hours (in this case weeks or months) of boredom or frustration lol

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Any of you fellow boardies know why the new campaign is advertised with less of a starting salary than ours was? Or am I missing something...very likely lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

221988 wrote: »
    Any of you fellow boardies know why the new campaign is advertised with less of a starting salary than ours was? Or am I missing something...very likely lol

Negotiations were ongoing for some time about implementing in NI the reforms set out under the Winsor reports. Only recently were negotiations concluded with the change to pay and conditions.

Does anyone know if this affects us who haven't started yet but have passed everything and hope to get a call either in 3-5 weeks time or (God forbid) another intake or two after that? I saw someone say before and would have to agree, wouldn't be great for morale if you started 5 weeks after someone and you're earning £4,000 less simply due to vetting not being completed and missing out in a previous intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Does anyone know if this affects us who haven't started yet but have passed everything and hope to get a call either in 3-5 weeks time or (God forbid) another intake or two after that? I saw someone say before and would have to agree, wouldn't be great for morale if you started 5 weeks after someone and you're earning £4,000 less simply due to vetting not being completed and missing out in a previous intake.

My thoughts exactly. Surely they can't, as you say you can't be penalised because your vetting took longer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I would think that they'd have to keep us from the 2013 campaign on 23k as that's what it was advertised as and they've already started recruits on that salary. I think it would be a nightmare for payroll and HR if they didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Mop a top wrote: »
    I would think that they'd have to keep us from the 2013 campaign on 23k as that's what it was advertised as and they've already started recruits on that salary. I think it would be a nightmare for payroll and HR if they didn't

I saw something the other day saying that people from campaign 1309 would be on the original pay and the people applying now will be on the new rate

Fingers crossed we get a call then ;)

Anyone else finding these last few weeks to be absolutely DRAGGING in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Anyone else finding these last few weeks to be absolutely DRAGGING in?

not as bad as i thought it would be, work is getting pretty manic now so tend to not think about it as much,,,until im home that is....got a letter from vetting asking for more financial info, so at least i know im still in the mix and they havnt rejected me lol

• Advertisement

Lucky you lol like I said before, any contact with them at least means your vetting is progressing! I applied for a store card a month ago, I vaguely remember something about that being in the vetting forms, wonder should I try and send them an email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Lucky you lol like I said before, any contact with them at least means your vetting is progressing! I applied for a store card a month ago, I vaguely remember something about that being in the vetting forms, wonder should I try and send them an email?

i would say they would be in contact if there was anything amiss, im sure i didn't put down every bit of detail and that's why they contacted me, going to get my credit report online, write everything down be completely honest and explain how ended up in a mess of a situation a few years ago....

pcplod wrote: »
    i would say they would be in contact if there was anything amiss, im sure i didn't put down every bit of detail and that's why they contacted me, going to get my credit report online, write everything down be completely honest and explain how ended up in a mess of a situation a few years ago....

Yeah to be honest the only reason I would even think of updating them about a new store card would be to see if my vetting is even progressing haha I don't think it's that big of a deal, only put 30 quid on it or so

I wish I'd got a letter. At least I know they're working on mine. I was told by HR that my vetting hadn't come back yet. Doesn't mean they're working on it though grrrr!!!!!! Damn the waiting :(

Mop a top wrote: »
    I wish I'd got a letter. At least I know they're working on mine. I was told by HR that my vetting hadn't come back yet. Doesn't mean they're working on it though grrrr!!!!!! Damn the waiting :(

Damn the waiting for sure! This secretly has to be a way of testing us lol anyone have AC&V's email address? I remember I tried to email before and the address on the vetting form wouldn't work for me.

I might get a chance to look for it tonight or over the weekend. You going to mail them?

To reapply or not to reapply. That is the question!!!!! Arrgghhhh I don't know :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Did mine last night. Can't hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭crinkley

Exactly cant hurt also this happened to me a few years ago. Was waiting on a merit list for another job when they launched a new recruitment drive but on less pay. Got through on second one as they never exhausted first list. Hopefully wont be the case here but if the budgets are getting tight

Eekkkkk better get a shift on then. Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

If I hadnt have received the call last week I would definately have be reapplying, just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

If I hadnt have received the call last week I would definately have be reapplying, just to be safe.

When do you start in GV if you dont mind me asking. How long before the induction wknd?

Im trying to get an idea of time scales. I've got 2 wks to book exams for the end of August. Wasn't gonna bother, but If i'm def not getting into GV until after Aug, I might as well finish them.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Hope that helps :)

Did indeed. Thanks.

Just reapplied!! Let the madness begin......again!!!!

Hopefully you will still get in on the first one though :)

Still remaining hopeful!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

So am I. Someone on delay email batch thread posted they recieved an email
    From HR who said they would be passed to pSNI in July/ august. They scored low 60's. Must still be loads of spaces

Looking not too bad then :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Applied again today myself folks. Really hope I get the next call from 2013 campaign though and soon. I want the job regardless but let's face it 4k drop in wages for no good reason at all would leave a horribly sour taste in the mouth early doors eh?

Advertisement