Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol definitely feeling the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

I know money isn't everything but the way i see it is, the drop in salary works out a bit less than what im on at the minute, so would i take the same money in a different job and put not only myself but my partner and baby daughter at a much greater risk, no i don't think i would. Yes its 19k on the mainland but its a completely different situation over here and the risk to officers is through the roof at the minute and to me 19k for risking you and your families lives to that degree is an insult to be honest, if i was on my own, single, no children etc then i would consider it, so because of the points above i decided not to apply for the 2nd campaign. Sorry for going on a rant but it is something i have been mulling over since the news broke about the reduction in starting salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

pcplod wrote: »
    I know money isn't everything but the way i see it is, the drop in salary works out a bit less than what im on at the minute, so would i take the same money in a different job and put not only myself but my partner and baby daughter at a much greater risk, no i don't think i would. Yes its 19k on the mainland but its a completely different situation over here and the risk to officers is through the roof at the minute and to me 19k for risking you and your families lives to that degree is an insult to be honest, if i was on my own, single, no children etc then i would consider it, so because of the points above i decided not to apply for the 2nd campaign. Sorry for going on a rant but it is something i have been mulling over since the news broke about the reduction in starting salary.

I agree with you completely. I didn't reapply either. It's not all about the money but with the nature of the job it would be hard justifying a drop in salary.

Here's hoping we are ok!! The way I look at it, if it's vetting that fails me, it'll fail me next time around so what's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

19k for risking you and your families lives to that degree is an insult to be honest, if i was on my own, single, no children etc then i would consider it, so because of the points above i decided not to apply for the 2nd campaign. Sorry for going on a rant but it is something i have been mulling over since the news broke about the reduction in starting salary.

Sadly I am feeling the same way. I can handle living cheerfully while retaining my humanity and composure in a daily situation which would make most people crap their pants but I am not that crazy as to do it for peanuts. Don't get me wrong, no job is below me and I have a lot of respect for people who do (and it will be only the next bunch of recruits isolated apart from the others) but the cost of relocation for me etc would be on top of the salary reduction. There are too many uncertainties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lookn4sumit

Hi all new to this site seen lots of good topics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Same here, I haven't reapplied. It would put me on slighly less than im on already, but my partner and I would also have the added cost of putting a 2nd car on the road. And, as you say not really worth the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Any thoughts on dates of the next set of calls?

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    Same here, I haven't reapplied. It would put me on slighly less than im on already, but my partner and I would also have the added cost of putting a 2nd car on the road. And, as you say not really worth the risk.

exactly the same situation as me, just isn't financially viable, as much as i want the job. Still on the wait for the 2013 campaign though so.....staying hopeful

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

JayC90 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on dates of the next set of calls?

I'm hopeful for next week but I've been burned by the guesswork before lol next week would be 4 since the last calls went out anyway.

I'm hopeful for next week but I've been burned by the guesswork before lol next week would be 4 since the last calls went out anyway.

i reckon it will be after the 12th before the next calls go out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

i reckon it will be after the 12th before the next calls go out...

It could be slightly easier if we knew the start date of the third group but obviously for security reasons that's a no no on here. If we did though we could maybe work out the projected start for fourth intake and also work back and see how many weeks between calls and start and factor that into our situation.

If it's after the 12th like you reckon then we're probably talking 18-19 th as Mop a top and I were saying on here before we doubt the calls would out on that bank holiday weekend.

I reckon they could go out next week or the week after.

Wishful thinking probably though.........

Still haven't checked experian, but I seriously doubt I'll be getting one this time round :-/

Mop a top wrote: »
    Still haven't checked experian, but I seriously doubt I'll be getting one this time round :-/

Less of that! :D

I'm being serious. My credit rating isn't good, still no letter from them asking about my finances. I reckon I'm not getting a July call. It's ok. I'll get one eventually though. I'm not giving up on getting in. Just being realistic about this lot of calls. I honestly couldn't torture myself like that again. Such a gut wrenching disappointment to see all the "I got a call" posts on here just cos I missed out but of course I'm happy for our colleagues who got those calls, I just hate the emotional roulette lol!! I think it would be easier talking someone down from the Foyle Bridge than doing that every time the calls go out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭sweet chuck

No news is good news for vetting hang tough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

I'm being serious. My credit rating isn't good, still no letter from them asking about my finances. I reckon I'm not getting a July call. It's ok. I'll get one eventually though. I'm not giving up on getting in. Just being realistic about this lot of calls. I honestly couldn't torture myself like that again. Such a gut wrenching disappointment to see all the "I got a call" posts on here just cos I missed out but of course I'm happy for our colleagues who got those calls, I just hate the emotional roulette lol!! I think it would be easier talking someone down from the Foyle Bridge than doing that every time the calls go out lol

Foyle Bridge calls are never fun!! Lol!!

LG1985 wrote: »
    Foyle Bridge calls are never fun!! Lol!!

Yeah but better working those would be less stressful than waiting on a call

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

Have you passed everything? Medical? I checked experian and psni showed up

LadyVernal wrote: »

Yeah passed everything, medical was mid May. Just waiting and waiting. When did you send off your vetting roughly, if you don't mind me asking? Mine went mid March :-/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

LadyVernal wrote: »

It would be more secure if 'Deloitte' came up or the name of some organization which does checks on all walks of life, not just for security people. It really says on your record the PSNI checked you ? If all this data is computerized then whats to stop somebody in a particular position implementing an algorithm which scans and collects all recent records which contain 'PSNI' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Going by what another user PM'd me with, it's not PSNI that shows up but rather another UK police organisation that must do their vetting!

HR told me that their vetting is done with an external company and couldn't tell when they should return it

popolive wrote: »
    It would be more secure if 'Deloitte' came up or the name of some organization which does checks on all walks of life, not just for security people. It really says on your record the PSNI checked you ? If all this data is computerized then whats to stop somebody in a particular position implementing an algorithm which scans and collects all recent records which contain 'PSNI' ?

Went and looked again and psni doesnt actually show up rather an organisation on behalf

Yeah passed everything, medical was mid May. Just waiting and waiting. When did you send off your vetting roughly, if you don't mind me asking? Mine went mid March :-/

I sent mine off mid june

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Guys, don't go crazy with the credit score checking, we checked ours a few times a couple of years ago and it turned out between that and other things (credit card companies etc) checking it - it had actually gone down because of too many checks!!! According to the card company,a large number of checks within 6 months looks like you're applying for credit all over the place!

Everytime I read this thread I am crapping it in case anyone has been called :-(

Can I ask...has anyone heard of anybody not passing the vetting? Like has anyone been told they have failed it. I am starting to really panic, mine has been away since mid match. Been trying to think no news is good news but now I'm doubting myself!

Everytime I read this thread I am crapping it in case anyone has been called :-(

Can I ask...has anyone heard of anybody not passing the vetting? Like has anyone been told they have failed it. I am starting to really panic, mine has been away since mid match. Been trying to think no news is good news but now I'm doubting myself!

The only thing that's been checking my credit was the car insurance renewal and me on noodle that once. Couldn't see those two effecting it too much lol.

LadyVernal, you just further added to my idea that this vetting thing is totally screwed up. Can't understand why they've issued vetting forms to people with B grades in the AC when there's folk with A's and A*'s still waiting to hear back. Especially since this recruitment is supposed to be done on merit

• Advertisement

221988 wrote: »

Lol welcome to my world!!! Sent mine off mid march and they haven't done the credit check or sent the financial forms as my finances aren't the best lol!!! I feel your pain lol

Advertisement