Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

221988 wrote: »
    Everytime I read this thread I am crapping it in case anyone has been called :-( /QUOTE]

Last lot of calls took us by surprise. We were expecting then to follow the 5 week pattern but they went a week early, 6th June. Thinking this was because of the July bank holiday, a few of us reckon next calls the week after approx 18th.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol welcome to my world!!! Sent mine off mid march and they haven't done the credit check or sent the financial forms as my finances aren't the best lol!!! I feel your pain lol

Glad someone feels the same way!

How do you know that they haven't done the credit check or anything yet? Did they tell you on the phone?

Glad someone feels the same way!

How do you know that they haven't done the credit check or anything yet? Did they tell you on the phone?

I has a operation coming up and didn't know when to schedule it so I asked. They said my vetting hadn't come back to the HR guys that I was speaking to. And I checked the credit searches on Noodle but a few guys in here said I should check Experian as it's better and more detailed. Only the car insurance was checked this year.

I'm not panicking about my AC score. There's guys that got in with scores 1% less and 1% more than me so I'm putting it down to the vetting.

I'm wondering now if you were at my PCA and medical since you sent the forms off the same time lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

The only thing that's been checking my credit was the car insurance renewal and me on noodle that once. Couldn't see those two effecting it too much lol.

LadyVernal, you just further added to my idea that this vetting thing is totally screwed up. Can't understand why they've issued vetting forms to people with B grades in the AC when there's folk with A's and A*'s still waiting to hear back. Especially since this recruitment is supposed to be done on merit

Only surmising, but I'd imagine AC&V have a lot of waiting to do between receiving enquiries back from other agencies etc.

B's meet the required standard and most, if not all, of the merit list is probably now within the appointable band given the 50% attrition rate through these last stages. Would delay further squads if they held up for everyones' vetting from previous batches to clear.

Sthm wrote: »
    Only surmising, but I'd imagine AC&V have a lot of waiting to do between receiving enquiries back from other agencies etc.

B's meet the required standard and most, if not all, of the merit list is probably now within the appointable band given the 50% attrition rate through these last stages. Would delay further squads if they held up for everyones' vetting from previous batches to clear.

I know. Just online venting of frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

As advised by the very helpful mop a top in the delay email batch forum, I am posting here to also say I have went through everything and I am now just awaiting the phone call... *bites finger nails*

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Here's the newest list with the latest addition, Sgt_fenners. If I've missed out on anyone or there are new people with everything passed make a comment and I'll add your name. :) fingers crossed we don't have too much longer to wait! There's 16 on there by my reckoning.

active_edge
    BarnesLeBeau
    Chicken82
    Clanman889
    Dutch_Rudder
    JayC90
    Mop a top
    nodrogs11
    pcplod
    Prenty
    sdcharger
    Sgt_fenners
    Sgtmort
    THFC1882
    Tommy Gunn
    As advised by the very helpful mop a top in the delay email batch forum, I am posting here to also say I have went through everything and I am now just awaiting the phone call... *bites finger nails*

I noticed in the other thread and you just barely beat me to it lol

If we fashioned a strongly worded letter and add all the above names on it, do you think it might help?

Or get a banner with "I love you George" and stand outside HQ?

I'm up for that, I know a good sign writer lol!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Did anybody else get forms for additional info or was it just me? Lol

• Advertisement

pcplod wrote: »

I didn't get any. Can you say what they were asking?

Me neither but I know of others on here who were requested additional financial information.

Besides that's a good thing!!! They're processing your vetting now!!!! One step closer plod :D

It was financial info, theyve seen my file, they know how much i owe and to who. Just copied everything from my report and sent it in with the form

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

It was financial info, theyve seen my file, they know how much i owe and to who. Just copied everything from my report and sent it in with the form

When did you send your vetting forms in?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Policing board visited gv today, a few photos on their Facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Just noticed, the officer in full uniform doing the breathalyser simulation ( or something) in the yard is actually a student, he has red epaulettes and training glock!

Doesn't be long motivating you seeing that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Eagle eye!!

Pretty sure I saw my initials on his body armour.....knew I should have been there

I wonder do the students ever actually get to/have to make use of the hall where the PCAs take place? The course is set up in those photos and the PCAs seem to take place regularly, would be a bit of a pain to be constantly setting the thing up and taking it down again!

I wonder do the students ever actually get to/have to make use of the hall where the PCAs take place? The course is set up in those photos and the PCAs seem to take place regularly, would be a bit of a pain to be constantly setting the thing up and taking it down again!

there seemed to be a big storage bit in the hall, they maybe move the bulky things into it, the wall, steps etc would be easily moved with a pallet truck and the rest wouldn't take that long to set up if there's arrows on the floor etc marking where cones etc have to go.....just a thought....

• Advertisement

there seemed to be a big storage bit in the hall, they maybe move the bulky things into it, the wall, steps etc would be easily moved with a pallet truck and the rest wouldn't take that long to set up if there's arrows on the floor etc marking where cones etc have to go.....just a thought....

Yeah true enough I suppose, that storage bit was open at the familiarisation session I was at and there were a few bits of riot gear in there and those combat dummies were you would practise striking. I'm sure it would be tight getting round the course with a load of gear on!

Yeah true enough I suppose, that storage bit was open at the familiarisation session I was at and there were a few bits of riot gear in there and those combat dummies were you would practise striking. I'm sure it would be tight getting round the course with a load of gear on!

That's what TSG do. I nearly cried when I heard that!!! Just about made it round in time without all that on lol.

I think the steps/wall are on wheels, handy enough to roll in and out if the storage unit.

Anyone else hear we're not doing the advanced driving course at the end of GV?!? I'll be pissed at that one of it's true

That's what TSG do. I nearly cried when I heard that!!! Just about made it round in time without all that on lol.

I think the steps/wall are on wheels, handy enough to roll in and out if the storage unit.

Anyone else hear we're not doing the advanced driving course at the end of GV?!? I'll be pissed at that one of it's true

Haven't heard that but then I don't really know anyone in the job or have the inside info some people have on here lol didn't it used to be 10 additional weeks for firearms and advanced driving? Would be a shame if they've cut it, I've heard you can use the fact you've done it to get cheaper insurance!

Haven't heard that but then I don't really know anyone in the job or have the inside info some people have on here lol didn't it used to be 10 additional weeks for firearms and advanced driving? Would be a shame if they've cut it, I've heard you can use the fact you've done it to get cheaper insurance!

Lol don't hate on me bro just coz I'm connected lmfao!!! Fat lot of good it's doing me, can't even get a god damned call lol!!! Yeah TSG have to do the course in full kit, helmet and shield too lmfao I'll save myself the bother and die now lol. I was told by a guy in ops planning that they're crying out for new recruits so as soon as GV and PPW training is over were shipped out :( not entirely sure how true that is though. Was looking forward to the discounted insurance too. Btw apparently there's a good insurance company through the Fed that give amazingly cheap rates!!! This guy even got his wife's insurance for less than £200 for a 7 seater and she's had a few prangs lol

Lol don't hate on me bro just coz I'm connected lmfao!!! Fat lot of good it's doing me, can't even get a god damned call lol!!! Yeah TSG have to do the course in full kit, helmet and shield too lmfao I'll save myself the bother and die now lol. I was told by a guy in ops planning that they're crying out for new recruits so as soon as GV and PPW training is over were shipped out :( not entirely sure how true that is though. Was looking forward to the discounted insurance too. Btw apparently there's a good insurance company through the Fed that give amazingly cheap rates!!! This guy even got his wife's insurance for less than £200 for a 7 seater and she's had a few prangs lol

Well I do know one person who's a part timer and said (jokingly) just use your in the know connections and find out when the next calls are going out and she laughed and said aye maybe about 20 years ago! :P

Oh and my insurance is up in September so hopefully I'll be in by then to get this nice discount haha

Well I do know one person who's a part timer and said (jokingly) just use your in the know connections and find out when the next calls are going out and she laughed and said aye maybe about 20 years ago! :P

Oh and my insurance is up in September so hopefully I'll be in by then to get this nice discount haha

Connections are useless at times. I just keep getting told "Patience" think he's auditioning for a role as Yoda lol!!!! Renewed my insurance last month. I'll still be cheeky when we get in and see if they'll drop the premium lol

Connections are useless at times. I just keep getting told "Patience" think he's auditioning for a role as Yoda lol!!!! Renewed my insurance last month. I'll still be cheeky when we get in and see if they'll drop the premium lol

Does your Yoda (:P) happen to know if the intakes are going to increase in size Mop a top? They've seemed pretty small so far and if this list is valid until March that means they've to get about 270/280 people into 7/8 intakes, doable I suppose at 40 a time but I always thought in years passed they had around 56 to an intake.

Insider info...3 out of the 20 in the most recent intake have dropped out!

Why can't they just take us?!!!!!! Ahhhhhhhh lol

APPARENTLY!

• Advertisement

Is that intake 2 you mean? That is CRAZY if true, there's no doubt GV will be tough but to get that far and accept the job everyone should be certain it's for them, to drop out is a ridiculous waste of time, money and effort for all involved I feel.

On a little bit more of a personal/selfish note I find it highly annoying when all I want is a date to start and you hear of people just packing it in, I bet most of you guys on the waiting list with me feel exactly the same way as well.

Also, did anyone ever see that post from Shield about the top 10 reasons people drop out? It was a light hearted post but he did explain how much money is wasted by people dropping out, it's understandable why people get annoyed!

Advertisement