Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

221988 wrote: »
    APPARENTLY!

Going from rumours of other intakes there could be truth in it. My sign is now going to change to "take me I won't drop out"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

My "yoda" friend said they're aiming for about 50 per intake and they always get some drop outs. He did say that the first intake there's a lot didn't show for their start date, about 35 did turn up and again a number not showing at 2nd intake, he said he can't be specific but the class sizes are smaller than what they'd like.

Raging when he knows I'm busting a gut to get in and there's others like us who'd sell their granny if they could lol

So all in all I'd reckon those rumours are pretty bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Mop a top wrote: »
    My "yoda" friend said they're aiming for about 50 per intake and they always get some drop outs. He did say that the first intake there's a lot didn't show for their start date, about 35 did turn up and again a number not showing at 2nd intake, he said he can't be specific but the class sizes are smaller than what they'd like.

Raging when he knows I'm busting a gut to get in and there's others like us who'd sell their granny if they could lol

So all in all I'd reckon those rumours are pretty bang on

I hope it's closer to 50 the next time, better chance of more of us here getting in then! Tell him these intakes of 30 are no good for anyone and to pass it on :P haha I've no granny to sell I've a pain in the you know what cousin to sell, any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Im taking that fact the recruitment team have stopped responding to my emails as a good sign.......

JayC90 wrote: »
    Im taking that fact the recruitmen team have stopped responding to my emails as a good sign.......

Haha what were you pickling their heads about? I think the only way I'm gonna try and contact either them or vetting is if I don't get a call next time to just be like, yo, what's the craic lads? Any chance? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Haha what were you pickling their heads about? I think the only way I'm gonna try and contact either them or vetting is if I don't get a call next time to just be like, yo, what's the craic lads? Any chance? :P

Yeah I wanna know as well lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

I just don't understand why anyone would put themselves through close to 9 months or however long its been to then suddenly drop out at the final hurdle.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

PM'd :)

Batman91 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why anyone would put themselves through close to 9 months or however long its been to then suddenly drop out at the final hurdle.

I don't think any of us understand that lol if it's a sudden issue that comes up that prevents you starting then there's always the option of deferral, if it's simply a case of changing your mind, why go this far and waste your own and a lot of other people's time? Surely by this stage we all know what the job entails?

I've noticed in other threads when people give a heads up about programs or documentaries about the police and I really appreciate that, you get to see what the job's actually like and it makes me want it even more, in fact I'm such a saddo that anytime I see a panda car or a Tangi (think that's the name for them) when I'm out and about I don't get the feelings of nervousness I used to get (I think most people are the same, just nervous in case their driving somehow isn't up to par or just it's a natural human response to fear the law at times even when you haven't done anything wrong), all I feel is insane jealousy and an itch to get started and be driving about in one myself! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I/WE NEED IN ALREADY! This wait is agonising. My heart and head are selfishly not in my current employment, but firmly in the hands of the PSNI. All kinds of 'what if's' are running through my head - am am only too glad to see I am not the only severely anxious waiter.

Does anyone else share my problems/dilemma's:

1. I can navigate and log into my email and Boards accounts............ blindfolded! I do this around 17 times each day.
    2. When I see a number(in bold) beside 'Inbox', i hold my breath.
    3. Same involuntary action as above when unknown number calls. And sometimes I break wind!
    4. Speed limiter set on car to 30mph when driving, just about turning it off when on a motorway, sh1t scared of breaking the limit and getting points. In fact, I now no longer break any law.
    5. Facebook friends culled.
    6. Imagine what other Boardies look like.
    7. Worried constantly about my vetting.
    8. Concerned about cost cutting with police forces accross the UK and whether that will lead to them not taking full quota from this intake, to save 4k on each recruits salary and future pension scheme.
    9. Don't know how I would feel if never got in having waited so long and went through so much.
    10. Find myself daydreaming of getting the call, waltzing around GV and being 'on the beat'....... too much.
    11. Think about contacting Vetting or Recruitment everyday, building myself up to it and then whimpering away in case I annoy them.
    12. Every time I see an Officer, I want to hit him with 100 questions, first one being 'Whats the craic with my application'.

The list goes on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

THFC1882 wrote: »
    AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I/WE NEED IN ALREADY! This wait is agonising. My heart and head are selfishly not in my current employment, but firmly in the hands of the PSNI. All kinds of 'what if's' are running through my head - am am only too glad to see I am not the only severely anxious waiter.

1. I can navigate and log into my email and Boards accounts............ blindfolded! I do this around 17 times each day.
    3. Same involuntary action as above when unknown number calls. And sometimes I break wind!
    4. Speed limiter set on car to 30mph when driving, just about turning it off when on a motorway, sh1t scared of breaking the limit and getting points. In fact, I now no longer break any law.
    8. Concerned about cost cutting with police forces accross the UK and whether that will lead to them not taking full quota from this intake, to save 4k on each recruits salary and future pension scheme.
    9. Don't know how I would feel if never got in having waited so long and went through so much.
    10. Find myself daydreaming of getting the call, waltzing around GV and being 'on the beat'....... too much.
    11. Think about contacting Vetting or Recruitment everyday, building myself up to it and then whimpering away in case I annoy them.
    12. Every time I see an Officer, I want to hit him with 100 questions, first one being 'Whats the craic with my application'.

This is amazing. Gave me a lol and made me feel more normal. We are obviously all feeling the same. Great list!!

AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Haha reading his made me feel so glad to know I'm not on my own, probably have done/am doing about half of these at the moment myself! For me this has been by far the most difficult stage, everything's passed and yet somehow this is the most nerve-wracking and stressful part, and what you said about your heart not being in your current employment rings 100% true as well. I also think I owe my family and girlfriend a nice dinner to celebrate and simultaneously apologise for the stress if/when I get the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

You're not alone thfc / Dutch, I'm doing the same and I'm still waiting for a PCA date!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

Wondering about credit check my score is fair with no missed payments but I do I have a few loans and a credit card but all payment up to date ... Should I be worried about this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

nodrogs11 wrote: »
    Wondering about credit check my score is fair with no missed payments but I do I have a few loans and a credit card but all payment up to date ... Should I be worried about this ?

nope not at all

pcplod wrote: »
    nope not at all

Thanks plod

Stressing that I have debt but I have shown I have managed it checked my credit file and they checked it last week .....

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Thanks plod

Stressing that I have debt but I have shown I have managed it checked my credit file and they checked it last week .....

When did you send your vetting in? By the sounds of things you have need need to worry.

March I sent mine

Loved the list!!! Could add a few to it but I'll save the online rant for now. Just grrrr-ing at the arseholes who are dropping out. Useless fecks. "Yoda" reckons they're all **** too. Nice to hear someone in house confirm what were all thinking lol!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

Phew...... I am normal then ;)

Does anyone know what the new pay grades are. I applied for the new campaign, but won't bother if each grade has been slashed as well.

P.s I too was told my vetting is ongoing and nothing more can be told.

• Advertisement

Phew...... I am normal then ;)

Does anyone know what the new pay grades are. I applied for the new campaign, but won't bother if each grade has been slashed as well.

P.s I too was told my vetting is ongoing and nothing more can be told.

the starting grade is lower but rises quicker to the same level within 5 years as to what previous folk would be on with the higher starting pay

Thanks plod

How do you know they checked? Did it show up on noodle or Experian?

Mop a top wrote: »
    How do you know they checked? Did it show up on noodle or Experian?

I checked equifax and experian and it showed on experian only

I checked equifax and experian and it showed on experian only

that figures because i think Experian are the only ones that ALL financial institutions check/report to.

that figures because i think Experian are the only ones that ALL financial institutions check/report to.

Yes I agree I reckon this is good if they have checked and I am guessing if they have notcontacted me yet they must be happy with it .... Same goes for everybody else

Yes I agree I reckon this is good if they have checked and I am guessing if they have notcontacted me yet they must be happy with it .... Same goes for everybody else

well they checked mine in April and i only got the letter at the start of last week.

well they checked mine in April and i only got the letter at the start of last week.

What were they asking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Just checked Experian and mine was checked today by the police .. I feel ill now!!

Oh god where's my stupid puter to I get on Experian and give myself heart failure. You know all I dreamt about last night was getting that letter asking for more financial info through the door. It just kept going on repeat in my head last night. I swear this job will give me a breakdown before I'm in lmfao!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

LG1985 wrote: »
    Just checked Experian and mine was checked today by the police .. I feel ill now!!

Nothing on mine yet. You're at the same stage as me aren't you?

Advertisement