Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Nothing on mine yet. You're at the same stage as me aren't you?

Yeah i am indeed!! I feel sick to my stomach now tho!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

LG1985 wrote: »
    Yeah i am indeed!! I feel sick to my stomach now tho!!

I'll keep checking and let you know! Nerves!

Cant wait for next week!

oztop1234 wrote: »
    I'll keep checking and let you know! Nerves!

Cant wait for next week!

Urgghh .. Def nerves!!

Yeah me too!! Will be good to see all and hopefully meet sum of the lovely folk off here:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I said it a while ago guys but DON'T keep checking any of those sites on a regular basis - it has a detrimental effect on your credit score!!! It looks like your applying for multiple types of credit, the scoring can't tell the difference between the types of searches being carried out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Checking your score on experian has no bearing on your credit score. No search is being done. On the FAQ page on experian it's one of the questions. That's a bit of a myth

• Advertisement

That is true, but multiple checks using different sites does though as far as I'm aware (there are people on here trying several different sites) We were told this when we had just had the mortgage company and credit card check ours and we were checking it too, just trying to help out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

19087 wrote: »
    I said it a while ago guys but DON'T keep checking any of those sites on a regular basis - it has a detrimental effect on your credit score!!! It looks like your applying for multiple types of credit, the scoring can't tell the difference between the types of searches being carried out!

sorry but that's wrong, lenders or any other outside party cant see an "unrecorded" enquiry

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭crinkley

PC plod is right, checking your own score won't effect it at all. It's only checks run by others on you that will make it look like you're desperate for credit so of you have a friend who can check your score don't ask!

On a side note I believe noodle only update their records once a month, it is free after all, so if you've already checked you'll have to wait, if you can't take out the months free trial on experian and check to your hearts content lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

I used my 30 day free trial for Experian several months back, so logging back just stung me £14.99.

I can see I was checked back in March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

THFC1882 wrote: »
    I used my 30 day free trial for Experian several months back, so logging back just stung me £14.99.

I can see I was checked back in March!

When did you send your forms in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Anyone else immediately on edge whenever their phone rings till you see who it is? Grrr haha

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

Mop a top wrote: »
    When did you send your forms in?

I sent forms back early March.

Just heard from someone in the job that 2 people resigned from gv this week so whoever it was mentioned that before was right!

Just heard from someone in the job that 2 people resigned from gv this week so whoever it was mentioned that before was right!

Any idea what happens to their places then since they actually spent time at GV but didn't finish? Are they gone forever? Bit of a joke if you ask me, of course there could be extenuating circumstances that we aren't aware of but if it's simply a case of deciding it's not for them then I find that infuriating.

Everyone going through this process should have done the requisite research on the demands and rigours of the job and decide if it is or isn't for them rather than wasting a place that could have went to someone who is fully committed.

I'd hate to be those folk giving up a job and then not making it in GV

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

I'm under no illusion that GV will be no walk in the park, however if I am lucky enough to get that far I can't imagine anything that would make me want to quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭crinkley

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'd hate to be those folk giving up a job and then not making it in GV

I kinda feel for them as frustrating as it is, if you get that far you know what the Craic is and what the police entails, unfortunately some people even after passing numerous tests aren't cut out for it and it's not realised until gv, I'm sure we could all be guilty. As you said about the jobs even if I hated gv with a passion if I got that far I'll have given up a permanent job and with bills and commitments id have to stay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

So when will the calls be ? Any predictions

Think Dutch and I were thinking about 17/18 July. All depends cos they threw us with the 4 week wait last time and not the usual 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

How amazing would the job be if it was like the film super troopers,,,,,might watch that tonight actually,,, if i get a mins peace that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

nodrogs11 wrote: »
    So when will the calls be ? Any predictions

I'm wondering will they throw another curve ball because of the holidays and maybe make calls on 4th??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

I'm wondering will they throw another curve ball because of the holidays and maybe make calls on 4th??

I think this will happen

That would be another 4 week gap, not the regular 5. Not sure what to expect tbh but I'll not be expecting the call this time round. Definitely think they moved the dates cos of the bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

Well folks I'm led to believe our calls will defiantly be out this week coming, I've even wen told an expected induction weekend date and start date!! So glad it's this week (well aparently!). So a random one here, anyone in our wee group from the north west direction?

Really hope u's hear soon!! :)

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Well folks I'm led to believe our calls will defiantly be out this week coming, I've even wen told an expected induction weekend date and start date!! So glad it's this week (well aparently!). So a random one here, anyone in our wee group from the north west direction?

Would be great if this is true! I was kinda hoping the next ones would be this week. So are you another one with some in the know connections sarge? Lucky sod :P haha just kidding :)

Sgtmort wrote: »

How the hell did you hear that or are you assuming you'll be getting a call? I'm not expecting one but I hope I'll meet you all at GV in a later date.

Not quite Northwest, unless you're out at the races if you get me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Anyone got any thoughts on how many may have passed everything so far and could be waiting on the call?

I hope the calls do go out for you guys soon. It must be an excruciating wait.

Do you think they are still aiming for 378 from campaign 2013?

I'm nervous they'll reach the quota before I get that far.

JMcClane wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on how many may have passed everything so far and could be waiting on the call?

I hope the calls do go out for you guys soon. It must be an excruciating wait.

Do you think they are still aiming for 378 from campaign 2013?

I'm nervous they'll reach the quota before I get that far.

We have 14/15 on here who have passed everything, no idea about the actual figures taking into account those who don't use the site.

Many reports from the information sessions for the newest campaign have had officers and people involved with recruitment stating that they are indeed going to be taking 378 from last year's campaign.

There are figures on here that say around 730 passed the AC and then after that there's a 50% drop out rate (I'm dubious that it would be that high but there were several failures at my AC, and no, we didn't open our letters :P we behaved ourselves but lots of the girls there realised their envelopes were a lot thinner than the guys) so if you go by those figures, if you're still in the running you're in with a great shout of making it! Maybe that'll put you at ease a wee bit :)

• Advertisement

My dude in the know was told about 60% fail the PCA with more than 50% girls failing it too. Take it with a pinch of salt, not sure if it's true or not. I'm hoping if you pass everything you're guaranteed a place but with it done on merit it could depend on the numbers making it through and your score

Advertisement