Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Well folks I'm led to believe our calls will defiantly be out this week coming, I've even wen told an expected induction weekend date and start date!! So glad it's this week (well aparently!). So a random one here, anyone in our wee group from the north west direction?

I am from that neck of the woods, is this a good or bad thing? lol

Regardless of when the calls are I don't think mine will be in the next batch with vetting :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

221988 wrote: »
    I am from that neck of the woods, is this a good or bad thing? lol

Regardless of when the calls are I don't think mine will be in the next batch with vetting :-(

You're in my boat then lol :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

We have 14/15 on here who have passed everything, no idea about the actual figures taking into account those who don't use the site.

Many reports from the information sessions for the newest campaign have had officers and people involved with recruitment stating that they are indeed going to be taking 378 from last year's campaign.

There are figures on here that say around 730 passed the AC and then after that there's a 50% drop out rate (I'm dubious that it would be that high but there were several failures at my AC, and no, we didn't open our letters :P we behaved ourselves but lots of the girls there realised their envelopes were a lot thinner than the guys) so if you go by those figures, if you're still in the running you're in with a great shout of making it! Maybe that'll put you at ease a wee bit :)

That's reassuring. 50% drop out does seem a bit high.

Some earlier posts were suggesting that intakes were quite small. If this is the case it will take a while to fill those 378 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

JMcClane wrote: »
    Anyone got any thoughts on how many may have passed everything so far and could be waiting on the call?

I hope the calls do go out for you guys soon. It must be an excruciating wait.

Do you think they are still aiming for 378 from campaign 2013?

I'm nervous they'll reach the quota before I get that far.

Well I've been twiddling my thumbs since March, which is when I finished everything, so my nails are bitten down to my knuckles at this stage.

Mop a top wrote: »
    You're in my boat then lol :-/

You're the same as in the vetting or location? If it's vetting its so annoying lol! I have no idea what's holding mine up, small family and nothing suspicious that I know of. Which is worrying....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Well I've been twiddling my thumbs since March, which is when I finished everything, so my nails are bitten down to my knuckles at this stage.

That's a long wait!!!

You're the same as in the vetting or location? If it's vetting its so annoying lol! I have no idea what's holding mine up, small family and nothing suspicious that I know of. Which is worrying....

Lol both!!! Northwest direction and waiting for the vetting to come back grand and waiting on a call. Vetting killing me. 1 sibling. No partner parents been in the same house since forever lol. Not amused nor patient lol

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

If they get 387 from this campaign I will come to Garnerville and eat all of your hats.

Lol both!!! Northwest direction and waiting for the vetting to come back grand and waiting on a call. Vetting killing me. 1 sibling. No partner parents been in the same house since forever lol. Not amused nor patient lol

Yay! That's made me feel more normal! Am I right in saying that you are also a female? (I think I read this before)
    Weird that we could already know each other!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Dekkers wrote: »
    If they get 387 from this campaign I will come to Garnerville and eat all of your hats.

Do you mean too many people have already dropped out?

• Advertisement

Do you mean too many people have already dropped out?

No I mean just from 'natural wastage'. Failing pca or one of the other later stages, dropping out or turning down job offer.

I guess you could include drop outs too will increase your chances but ultimately I'd be surprised if 387 got and answered ' the call'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Young mop, just thinking there, it could be because they are sending the first few groups to the NW.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Dekkers wrote: »
    No I mean just from 'natural wastage'. Failing pca or one of the other later stages, dropping out or turning down job offer.

I guess you could include drop outs too will increase your chances but ultimately I'd be surprised if 387 got and answered ' the call'.

Yeah I didn't mean those who had dropped out of GV I just meant dropouts as in people who have failed a stage or otherwise aren't progressing! I just wondered what you meant in case you had a theory about funding or something (as well as a penchant for hat eating haha).

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Young mop, just thinking there, it could be because they are sending the first few groups to the NW.

I heard 1st few are goin to Belfast .. Only 8 persons coming to the NW ...

Yay! That's made me feel more normal! Am I right in saying that you are also a female? (I think I read this before)
    Weird that we could already know each other!

Yeah I'm female, single mum and a fool bugger for putting myself through this lol!!! Would be a bit hilarious when we get to GV and realise we'd been to school or worked together. Feel better knowing im not the only girl waiting.

Well any officers I know from my town all head to Strand road. It's where I'm hoping to go too. So they'd bloody better let me in. Wouldn't surprise me. Ops planning whispers an average 96 hours overtime each in a month from D/LD. Tax man will be loving those guys

LG1985 wrote: »
    I heard 1st few are goin to Belfast .. Only 8 persons coming to the NW ...

Agh here, ya weren't meant to tell her that! :P I'm trying to put her at ease, but naaaaah ! :rolleyes:

Yeah I didn't mean those who had dropped out of GV I just meant dropouts as in people who have failed a stage or otherwise aren't progressing! I just wondered what you meant in case you had a theory about funding or something (as well as a penchant for hat eating haha).

Ah no I've no idea about funding. I just think they'll run out of candidates before they reach 387. Have thought this since they started back peddling about the ICT requirements.

No real theory in my head but I also think they're losing more than they expected to at pca and perhaps more people are turning them down.

I know it's easy to forget for the likes of us but some people won't be staring at their phone waiting when the time comes!

I've not tried hat before but like everything else on here id take it with a pinch of salt :D

Agh here, ya weren't meant to tell her that! :P I'm trying to put her at ease, but naaaaah ! :rolleyes:

But sayin that iv head squads 3/4 are for Strand Rd / G District so its all good if Mops wants in GH :)

Lmao!!! Hope you're as nice when you're giving off at me in GV for doing something stupid lol

• Advertisement

LG1985 wrote: »
    But sayin that iv head squads 3/4 are for Strand Rd / G District so its all good if Mops wants in GH :)

Yeoooo!!!!!! Bring it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Lmao!!! Hope you're as nice when you're giving off at me in GV for doing something stupid lol

I'll be right there with you getting a telling off. For some reason in always the one! Haha but wow. This week?? I'm so nervous. I know you guys have been waiting longer than me but I have no finger nails left

It'll be the other way round at that stage ha ! You'll be retired by the time i get my two feet firmly in the doors of Garnerville! :pac:

Yeoooo!!!!!! Bring it lol

Hopin if i pass my PCA etc thats where i will end up .. Well anywhere in G District and id be happy!

Am i the only one who would like to patrol Crossmaglen? lol

I'm hoping for Rathlin lmao :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Maybe you should be careful what you wish for...I want ballymorey. Imagine patrolling past all those lovely coloured houses

When you get to this stage do you just put which districts in order of preference or can you narrow it down more?

When my ex got in many moons ago he was asked for preference and he got where he wanted. I'm not sure how it goes now tbh

• Advertisement

Maybe you should be careful what you wish for...I want ballymorey. Imagine patrolling past all those lovely coloured houses

I definitely read this as 'ballymoney' and didn't have a notion what you were on about.

Besides, I'd bet Ballymorey has a dark underbelly.

Advertisement