Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lmfao I did that too!!! Was wondering where the hell are those houses!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Just when we're talking about this what sort of time is there between finishing garnerville and heading out to your station. Id say for most people its a massive move into a new area and sorting accomodation etc

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

monty46 wrote: »
    Just when we're talking about this what sort of time is there between finishing garnerville and heading out to your station. Id say for most people its a massive move into a new area and sorting accomodation etc

I'm sure someone knows better than me but I'd hazard a guess that it's pretty immediate.

Edit: I'd say you find out your placement well before finishing GV though.

As far as I know it's your time at GV with firearm and advanced driving then straight out to new station. You find out where you're going before you're passing out parade. Tbh I think they try to keep you at a station which is a reasonable commute from your home. I haven't heard of anyone YET having to relocate

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Dekkers wrote: »
    I definitely read this as 'ballymoney' and didn't have a notion what you were on about.

Besides, I'd bet Ballymorey has a dark underbelly.

Now that I see it written I can see that too lol sure them lovely houses on Main Street beside the brown jug lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Sgtmort

I have a friend who was in the last batch and they were told when we would be starting. If each group is located together maybe they tried to take in people with similar locations?
    I asked about the north west as that's where I'm from :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DCT1796

Well folks I've been lurking a while here, I'm in the next batch/group/squad
    Excited to get in! Been told from "an inside" source that the 19000 pay may be inforce for a squad in by potentially this year from this campaign maybe even August/Septembers
    Also been told that there is no correlation as to who is from where it's all down to your ac score and vetting.
    Further to that they are also testing at the earliest opportunities and this is why there are drop outs through people failing

So are you in the 3rd intake?

Mop a top wrote: »
    So are you in the 3rd intake?

I obviously didn't make that clear, apologies. Yep I am busting to go are you?

DCT1796 wrote: »
    Well folks I've been lurking a while here, I'm in the next batch/group/squad
    Excited to get in! Been told from "an inside" source that the 19000 pay may be inforce for a squad in by potentially this year from this campaign maybe even August/Septembers
    Also been told that there is no correlation as to who is from where it's all down to your ac score and vetting.
    Further to that they are also testing at the earliest opportunities and this is why there are drop outs through people failing

By testing I take it you mean exams and not drugs testing??

• Advertisement

By testing I take it you mean exams and not drugs testing??

Well drugs testing would be unfortunate if folk decided to let rip a party after finding out they got in wouldn't it! And to be honest that's an integrity issue, they have a right to do so
    You ain't going to arrest someone for something you do!

And exams and fitness bla bla bla xyz

If I get in and they say I'm on 19000 Id get them to justify how I'm on tht while others with the same score of A* are on higher. Oh poor HR will have a sore ear lol
    I've a funny feeling they test pca on first day or week or maybe I picked that up wrong from an old post?

Unfortunately not. Passed everything (apart from vetting) so I'm waiting on the illusive call from HR :( Congrats on your place though :)

Sgtmort wrote: »
    If I get in and they say I'm on 19000 Id get them to justify how I'm on tht while others with the same score of A* are on higher. Oh poor HR will have a sore ear lol
    I've a funny feeling they test pca on first day or week or maybe I picked that up wrong from an old post?

Unfortunately it's in black and white my friend on the forms saying the pay is under review or words to that affect! But hey! There's always overtime.
    Plus I'm sure there are plenty of folk who'd snap up a 19k job !
    Don't think there will be much swing with it!!!

Just don't see how someone with the same score can get 4K more, I'm on a 18K job at the moment though I an not wait to leave. If I don't get in ill have to leave anyway. But hey, I'm not even in and I'm complaining lol :p

Sgtmort wrote: »
    Just don't see how someone with the same score can get 4K more, I'm on a 18K job at the moment though I an not wait to leave. If I don't get in ill have to leave anyway. But hey, I'm not even in and I'm complaining lol :p

Nature of the beast. Unfortunately it's a fight I don't think you'll win it'll be the one way or the highway

Well drugs testing would be unfortunate if folk decided to let rip a party after finding out they got in wouldn't it! And to be honest that's an integrity issue, they have a right to do so
    You ain't going to arrest someone for something you do!

And exams and fitness bla bla bla xyz

Of course. Just wondering if the rumours from the first batch are true.

The thought of doing exams and stuff scares the bejesus out of me but well worth it!!

I'm jealous of the position you're in..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Come and join us in the intake 3 official thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Just going back to an earlier post there folks. How likely to be true is this rumor that pay will drop to 19k for this campaign potentially affecting us that will be intake 4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Just going back to an earlier post there folks. How likely to be true is this rumor that pay will drop to 19k for this campaign potentially affecting us that will be intake 4?

This campaign was advertised as 23k, next campaign as 19k. I expect it to be as simple as that. The budget for this campaign will already have been set.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

That would be my logic buddy. Scaremongering rumors and nothing more I hope. However ill jump at a job offer regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rockchick1989

Clanman889 wrote: »
    That would be my logic buddy. Scaremongering rumors and nothing more I hope. However ill jump at a job offer regardless

I agree with this. I wouldn't even blink if they told me it was the lower salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Money isn't the issue, it's the principal.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ploddington Pea

Money isn't the issue, it's the principal.

I don't mind who the head of the training school is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

I don't mind who the head of the training school is.

lol played me at my own game there! Principle***

Holy **** balls!!! Bumped into a civilian friend who works a D/LD desk. Apparently waterside were to get 10 out the new recruits. Now they're only getting 2. Apparently 1st intake there was supposed to be almost 50 for it, only 38 showed for training then they had the "bender/drug" wastage and dropped to about 25!!!! What the actual fcuk people?!?? I could kick their sorry little asses!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Holy **** balls!!! Bumped into a civilian friend who works a D/LD desk. Apparently waterside were to get 10 out the new recruits. Now they're only getting 2. Apparently 1st intake there was supposed to be almost 50 for it, only 38 showed for training then they had the "bender/drug" wastage and dropped to about 25!!!! What the actual fcuk people?!?? I could kick their sorry little asses!!!!!!

What's the bender/drug wastage?

JMcClane wrote: »
    What's the bender/drug wastage?

Lmao well rumour has it, and tbh I'd say it's true after what my friend told me, was that the first intake went on a bit of a partying session to celebrate/bond with a few "recreational" pills and potions. As well as a few drinks. Apparently it wasn't a pretty sight

What absolute *******. Join the queue to kick them up the hole. But looking on the bright side that frees up some spaces for the rest of us :)

• Advertisement

What absolute *******. Join the queue to kick them up the hole. But looking on the bright side that frees up some spaces for the rest of us :)

Lol I thought you were saying my intel was wrong lmao! She's a sound girl. Trying again this time round so she knows her stuff and keeping her ear to the ground. I'm hoping it's 378 passing out of GV and not 378 places. I'd hate to see some serious ball bags ruin our chances.

Advertisement