Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Yep. Only thing that annoys me (if true) is that there are people desperate for that place who could have got in a lot earlier. If they want to throw the opportunity away that's their problem. I do wish the smt tested further back as it would catch a brave few who only abstain for the sake of the medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol I thought you were saying my intel was wrong lmao! She's a sound girl. Trying again this time round so she knows her stuff and keeping her ear to the ground. I'm hoping it's 378 passing out of GV and not 378 places. I'd hate to see some serious ball bags ruin our chances.

Haha no. I'm giving off about them not you! They need the officers in the ground so hope the spaces are still there even though the money that was spent on them up to that point is extraordinary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

Lmao well rumour has it, and tbh I'd say it's true after what my friend told me, was that the first intake went on a bit of a partying session to celebrate/bond with a few "recreational" pills and potions. As well as a few drinks. Apparently it wasn't a pretty sight

They broke the law , got drug tested and kicked out ? or were too hungover to turn up ? Either way they are kicked out ?

Interesting ..... the reality of carrying a Glock 24/7 kind of turns me off the idea of drinking at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

She heard that waterside are fuming. Rightly so too!!!

popolive wrote: »
    They broke the law , got drug tested and kicked out ? or were too hungover to turn up ? Either way they are kicked out ?

Interesting ..... the reality of carrying a Glock 24/7 kind of turns me off the idea of drinking at all.

I'm not a big drinker anyway. Out watching rugby one day, had a west coast cooler and a pint of Becks. Could feel the head go fuzzy half way down the pint!!!! Can't drink to save my life lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

I'm not a big drinker anyway. Out watching rugby one day, had a west coast cooler and a pint of Becks. Could feel the head go fuzzy half way down the pint!!!! Can't drink to save my life lol

I have a feeling that might save your life lol.

Nobody wants to become a internet meme like this guy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6UvNgbqIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Does anyone remember several years ago about 2 new recruits who went into a bar in Belfast, produced their side arms and asked the door staff to look after them while they had a few drinks? Lol im not joking, needless to say they got the sack....

popolive wrote: »
    I have a feeling that might save your life lol.

Nobody wants to become a internet meme like this guy ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP6UvNgbqIA

lol I'm not that much of a spud! I'm more concerned about hand guns than rifles though, feel more comfortable with one than a side arm lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Hate to dampen the rage here (well maybe I don't) but according to a mate who is IN that first squad they are all still there!!!! No drug drama, nothing!

Psni latest recruit during firearms training http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=whuv1-QcOsc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭LG1985

Holy **** balls!!! Bumped into a civilian friend who works a D/LD desk. Apparently waterside were to get 10 out the new recruits. Now they're only getting 2. Apparently 1st intake there was supposed to be almost 50 for it, only 38 showed for training then they had the "bender/drug" wastage and dropped to about 25!!!! What the actual fcuk people?!?? I could kick their sorry little asses!!!!!!

Mop im wondering do we know all the same people!! Lol!!

19087 wrote: »
    Hate to dampen the rage here (well maybe I don't) but according to a mate who is IN that first squad they are all still there!!!! No drug drama, nothing!

Only going on what a good friend told me. She's not the type to bs but I suppose everything is rumour and speculation unless you've seen it with your own eyes. Maybe your friend had said how many is in their group and why so few? Curiosity gets the better of me lol but I never asked her about the first intake, she asked if I'd heard the craic with them

LG1985 wrote: »
    Mop im wondering do we know all the same people!! Lol!!

Lmfao I don't know chick, pm me a description and I'll say if it's her or not

pcplod wrote: »
    Psni latest recruit during firearms training http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=whuv1-QcOsc

That's me in 50 years time!!!! Could you imagine doing firearms training and someone saying they're shooting him in the Toodles?!?! I'd pmsl!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Only going on what a good friend told me. She's not the type to bs but I suppose everything is rumour and speculation unless you've seen it with your own eyes. Maybe your friend had said how many is in their group and why so few? Curiosity gets the better of me lol but I never asked her about the first intake, she asked if I'd heard the craic with them

A couple of mates of mine in the job heard the same thing but when I contacted my buddy she said that they're all still there (around 40 of them!) The second squad is much smaller, less than 30, I believe there have been 2 resignations there. I think that rumour about the drug thing has started somewhere and now done the rounds of the whole country!

I've heard it from a few people now in different stations too. Unless it's rumours or chinese whispers. Funny how waterside were expecting 10 and only getting 2 now. They're crying out for staff ATM. Overtime central lol

That's me in 50 years time!!!! Could you imagine doing firearms training and someone saying they're shooting him in the Toodles?!?! I'd pmsl!!!!

there's some crackers on youtube lol

I can't do YouTube. It's a time warp lol

I can't do YouTube. It's a time warp lol

haha, that it is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DCT1796

Drugs were not a rumour
    The failed tests contributed to a smaller second class too I bet!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

DCT1796 wrote: »
    Drugs were not a rumour
    The failed tests contributed to a smaller second class too I bet!!

Would failed tests not warrant a bigger second class to try and make up the numbers lost? Not too sure what you mean, maybe I'm being thick lol

My friend told me it was a small 2nd class too. Smaller than they'd hoped for. Guys I think we were guessing about 120 in already. It's looking much lower from what I've been told. 80/90 max in total from the 3

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

The drugs bust thing is just a rumour. Media would've got hold of that right away.

The drugs bust thing is just a rumour. Media would've got hold of that right away.

you'd be surprised the control certain entities have over the media......

Mop a top what did you get at ac?
    Gutted I didn't see this site earlier!!!

Mop a top what did you get at ac?
    Gutted I didn't see this site earlier!!!

Scraped an A lol 71%. It's my vetting holding me up although I've no idea why. Small family. I've had a couple of lovely guys message me with slightly better and slightly worse scores than me that have gotten the call. Patience us the name of the game I guess. I'm dreading the next 2weeks though :'(

What stage are you at??

Scraped an A lol 71%. It's my vetting holding me up although I've no idea why. Small family. I've had a couple of lovely guys message me with slightly better and slightly worse scores than me that have gotten the call. Patience us the name of the game I guess. I'm dreading the next 2weeks though :'(

What stage are you at??

I'm in, I start in the next squad.
    You say lower, any 60s lol??

I'm in, I start in the next squad.
    You say lower, any 60s lol??

Congratulations. Hope you've an awesome time and it's everything you expect it to be.

If there were would it matter or would that disprove your theory on another thread. Don't think there's any need to tell people to manage their expectations. That's just catty and quite frankly like you said it's THEIR expectations to manage. We'd all give our arm to be in your position, there's no need to be so cocky and rub people who were in the delayed batch up the wrong way. It just comes across as arrogant and I don't like it.

Best of luck

I ain't doing no rubbing, not into that.

Just being realistic but in a nice form. I was taught as a young one to be realistic and manage my expectations.
    I can't expect to be a millionaire cos I bought a scratch ticket but I can't manage my expectations to think hey I have a chance yes a tiny one though.

Expectation management. Not rude nor mean, realistic and good for aiming where you want to be

• Advertisement

Also I've seen how you boardies on this forum operate
    If anyone questions the status quo you alllllllllllllllllllll gang up and have your wee pop. Ain't no reason why I have to tread carefully as I'm "new" just being realistic which is what this needs as opposed to the constant misinformation that even I have got caught up with

Advertisement