Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

DCT1796 wrote: »
    Also I've seen how you boardies on this forum operate
    If anyone questions the status quo you alllllllllllllllllllll gang up and have your wee pop. Ain't no reason why I have to tread carefully as I'm "new" just being realistic which is what this needs as opposed to the constant misinformation that even I have got caught up with

That's the thing though, you're not really being that realistic when so many people are failing the PCA, if you're still in the competition you're in with a damn good chance.
    Mop a top wrote: »
    Congratulations. Hope you've an awesome time and it's everything you expect it to be.

If there were would it matter or would that disprove your theory on another thread. Don't think there's any need to tell people to manage their expectations. That's just catty and quite frankly like you said it's THEIR expectations to manage. We'd all give our arm to be in your position, there's no need to be so cocky and rub people who were in the delayed batch up the wrong way. It just comes across as arrogant and I don't like it.

Best of luck

Anyway on a lighter note and aiming to move on from this, speaking of giving an arm Mop a top,

http://i.imgur.com/yxMYIFK.jpg

Looks like someone beat you to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I'm not ganging up but who gave you the right to tell others to manage THEIR expectations?!?? That's YOUR opinion about something that has NOTHING to do with you!!!! Whether they stand a chance of getting in with a 60 score or not is irrelevant to you or me. It only matters to them!!! Each to their own. You don't see me telling you what to manage or what to do so I'd suggest you grant us all the same courtesy!

As for your need to be realistic are you expecting me to tell my kids Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real cos their expectations are that they are real. What I'm saying here is that you apply your expectations to your life, I'll do the same with mine and everyone else will do the same to theirs.

Try to be a bit more helpful rather than condescending. No one likes a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 18 DCT1796

I'm not ganging up but who gave you the right to tell others to manage THEIR expectations?!?? That's YOUR opinion about something that has NOTHING to do with you!!!! Whether they stand a chance of getting in with a 60 score or not is irrelevant to you or me. It only matters to them!!! Each to their own. You don't see me telling you what to manage or what to do so I'd suggest you grant us all the same courtesy!

As for your need to be realistic are you expecting me to tell my kids Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real cos their expectations are that they are real. What I'm saying here is that you apply your expectations to your life, I'll do the same with mine and everyone else will do the same to theirs.

Try to be a bit more helpful rather than condescending. No one likes a prick

Let me break that caps lock glory roar and bang on the chest like King Kong.

The ganging up is very real

I never told anyone to do anything I suggested it as a mantra for use

Using !?!?!?!?!? Does not emphasise your oh so urgent questioning with your flickering crazy eye stare King Kong

Your kids will manage their expectations as they don't expect at 18 for Santa to be real as they can reason for themselves to a degree at that stage? Otherwise you're comparing users of this forum as children. How rude.

Calling me a prick nice touch, say that to a person on the street who bothers you while you're in uniform and the ombudsman will be fish hooking you quicker than a keyboard warrior can fire off an insult.

Manage your expectations never said youre not getting in I don't run the show but there's a long line and the rides closing soon.

?!,?!,!?!,!!,!,!!,!,!,!,!!!?!!???!?!?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

are you expecting me to tell my kids Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real cos their expectations are that they are real.

:eek::eek::eek:

Real team player from that comment. The caps lock was on so it might actually sink in that their expectations are for those individuals to have and to manage not for some stranger who doesn't know them to criticise or belittle. I don't understand why you'd just come out with something like that and let's be honest possibly crush what little hope some of those people had. I'm sitting here waiting on a call and it's hard enough to keep faith that it will come, I can't imagine how they're feeling with 2/3 stages still left and seeing another batch of calls go out.

A bit of consideration and empathy are also qualities that are needed for the job and as for me I wouldn't worry. There's been numerous occasions I wanted to tell jumped up ignorant little pricks to shut up and behave while at work but the manager in me handled it in the way the ombudsman would have been proud of. There'll be many at the ombudsman before me, don't you worry.

Saying manage your expectations on the thread that you did, it's obvious you either wanted to stir up some **** or kick a few folk in the teeth, you didn't have to say that but you made the conscious decision knowing how it would be taken by those guys waiting and yet you still did. You could have read the thread and kept that opinion to yourself but you chose to be catty anyway. It wasn't nice at all.

• Advertisement

Dekkers wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

You're a big ****e!!!! Didn't mean it. He is real and I believe in fairies. Unless I'm
    expected to think differently. Each to their own Dekkers, that opinion could have been kept to themselves, it didn't need to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

You're a big ****e!!!! Didn't mean it. He is real and I believe in fairies. Unless I'm
    expected to think differently. Each to their own Dekkers, that opinion could have been kept to themselves, it didn't need to be said.

Phew...don't scare me like that. Was wondering who that man that comes into my room on Dec 24th every year was....

Ha I know. Completely uncalled for and stemmed from nowhere.

Dekkers wrote: »
    Phew...don't scare me like that. Was wondering who that man that comes into my room on Dec 24th every year was....

Ha I know. Completely uncalled for and stemmed from nowhere.

Any strange men going into your room send them my way lmfao!!!!

I jut don't like that it's annoyed so many folk unnecessarily.

Anyway on a lighter note and aiming to move on from this, speaking of giving an arm Mop a top,

http://i.imgur.com/yxMYIFK.jpg

Looks like someone beat you to it!

Holy hell!!!! Wonder if he lost it before or after he started? :-/ I've also said before about granny selling, haven't seen many of them advertised yet lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

never mind any of the drama, whos that guy ? He looks kind of amusing and what has picture one got in common with picture two which made someone stick them together :confused:

• Advertisement

Holy hell!!!! Wonder if he lost it before or after he started? :-/ I've also said before about granny selling, haven't seen many of them advertised yet lol

Sorry I probably should have linked the article the images came from! One armed from birth! Fair play to the big fella, would be a difficult enough job with two arms.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20081019/news/310199995

popolive wrote: »
    never mind any of the drama, whos that guy ? He looks kind of amusing and what has picture one got in common with picture two which made someone stick them together :confused:

It's the same person, a police officer from the United States who only has one arm. Get the magnifying glass out and you'll see lol (or click the article I posted).

Sorry I probably should have linked the article the images came from! One armed from birth! Fair play to the big fella, would be a difficult enough job with two arms.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/article/20081019/news/310199995

Lol I was going to say it's a tough enough job to get your hands on :-/ fair play to him. Must have taken some knock backs in his time but serious strength of character to get there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

It's the same person, an police officer from the United States who only has one arm. Get the magnifying glass out and you'll see lol (or click the article I posted).

Yeah the penny dropped about the one arm as I posted my question lol.

Observations : duck egg ... but I had a long day and was winding down lol

Seriously though . Maximum respect for his skills if the photo is genuine.

popolive wrote: »
    Yeah the penny dropped about the one arm as I posted my question lol.

Observations : duck egg ... but I had a long day and was winding down lol

Seriously though . Maximum respect for his skills if the photo is genuine.

I'm taking it as real, it's nice to see something inspirational from time to time! I should maybe post it in the PCA thread as some extra encouragement! :) lol

Oh and I guess the resolution wasn't the best for making out the finer detail, I'll let you off this time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

DCT1796 wrote: »
    Drugs were not a rumour
    The failed tests contributed to a smaller second class too I bet!!

How reliable was the source you heard this from? I thought my mate who is actually IN that class would be fairly reliable!

I couldn't be bothered commenting too much on your remark in the other thread, you're entitled to your opinion as is everyone else. The internet is a great place for things to get blown out of proportion (especially on here!) You've got a lot of people stressed out with their lives on hold waiting for the call. Nothing wrong with a wee bit of optimism :)

And I actually agree that there can be a bit of ganging up on newbies who say something no one wants to hear, but I guess that's just human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

I don't think people gang up on newbies!

This forum(and particularly this thread) has evolved into a place of hope, optimism and support. Everyone 'waiting' is going through a plethora strange feelings which we all want to share with others. People who have already got the call will be getting entirely different feelings from what they were getting pre-call.

I can understand 100% if a slightly pessimistic opinion is viewed as a dream wrecker comment. Positive, supportive, lighthearted comments are what people naturally want to read.

DCT1796 - welcome and good luck. But please consider the several hundred people chasing the dream. I got an A* and finished everything back in Mid April, so I consider anyone, regardless if they scored 60's-70's, to be just as much in with a shout as I am - if I didn't have this thread to make myself feel normal, I would be expelled from the comp for harassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Wow, i wasnt on some of the threads for a few days and jee things got a little tense in parts!!
    I think all those waiting are naturally frustrated, i know i sure as hell am. But I'm the same as THFC1882, i would go off my head not having this forum! It's great to be able to know that people are in the same boat as you and are worried and concerned. It would be really awkward if we all got to GV and have fallen out on this LOL :)

Here's hoping it wont be long for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

So are we thinking Thursday or Friday? ;)

JayC90 wrote: »

Hopefully! Seems like this is all of us on here haha

Journey - Don't Stop Believin' (Audio): http://youtu.be/1k8craCGpgs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I would love it to be. The anticipation is killing me (and everyone else on here by sounds of it)

I hate limbo!!!

I wonder what the PT is like in GV. From the online learning it seems like crossfit......oh dear.

Do you think they will be understanding of those of us who have specific training goals i.e. powerlifters, "body builders" etc?

I wonder what the PT is like in GV. From the online learning it seems like crossfit......oh dear.

Do you think they will be understanding of those of us who specific training goals i.e. powerlifters, "body builders" etc?

From what I heard it's a mix of crossfit and Pilates. They're very into core strength :-/

Oh the joys! I hope theres a decent gym for those of us who do actual training.............and we're not shattered after every day!

From what I've heard there's a gym if you go up the stairs in the foyer of the gymnasium. Not sure how well equipped it is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

I can't wait to get stuck into all this! Bring it on!

From what I've heard there's a gym if you go up the stairs in the foyer of the gymnasium. Not sure how well equipped it is though.

It's really pretty good I'm pleased to say! You'll see it on your induction

As long as there's a squat rack and a deadlift platform, I'm happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

Hi guys. I haven't posted for a while but pleased to say that I just got the call!!!

• Advertisement

As long as there's a squat rack and a deadlift platform, I'm happy

I think there's pretty much everything on the weights front to be honest!!

Advertisement