Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Seems like I'm going to be more careful what I say on here!! I really must look desperate for the call, which let's face it I am lmao!!!! Thank you so much to everyone who's pm's me the past few days and today saying they've got their fingers crossed I get a call. It's very kind of you and I'm very touched by it, either that or you all want me to piss off and leave you alone lol!!!!

Maybe you'll get it at 14.44 or even 4.44pm...

Does anyone else feel sick?lol

F**k me I never thought of that!!!! I totally choked laughing. Thanks Fenners, I needed that!!! :D:D:D

There's time yet Mop! Like Jay said some of those doing the calls could be on their lunch! I'm really surprised at the time they phoned actually! Here, you could sneak in my suitcase! :P and unfortunately I'm working tonight but at least that'll be the notice handed in haha

Awesome!!! So just jiggle it around a bit, strut in to work tonight, notice handed in, hangover tomorrow!!!!! If it's the same black kit bags they issue you with I've got a spare here I could fit in no joke they're huge, I'll go in it and sit in the back of the class lol!!! So chuffed for you, jealous as hell but still pleased for you and everyone else x

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Just got the call! Actually in shock! I had my chances well and truly written off this time around so keep the faith people! :)

Nice one Dutch, for some reason I thought the calls were next week, just popped in for a nosey and nearly died when I saw all these posts about calls!!! I had a call from a withheld number at 8.30 this morning but thought nothing of it, surely that'd be too early? Plus if it was them they'd have rang back by now!
    Congrats to all who got the 'golden call' :)

Chicken, I think if they don't get through they leave a voicemail with a number to call back.

Hope this works guys, for everyone in limbo waiting with baited breath!!!

Crap. Didn't work lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Mop a top wrote: »
    Chicken, I think if they don't get through they leave a voicemail with a number to call back.

Hope this works guys, for everyone in limbo waiting with baited breath!!!

Crap. Didn't work lol

Thanks, checked my voicemail three times in a row, definitely nothing there lol

http://positiveoutlooksblog.com/2013/11/18/always-have-faith/

Think this is it. Couldn't post the picture :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Aye........have faith, but this is taking the mick now! :rolleyes:

It's gotten that bad that my kids asked what's up!!!! Shoot me now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Think this is it. Couldn't post the picture :([/QUOTE]

I cant post urls but if you google 'Danny Dyer Motivational Posters' it might cheer you up.

Chin up Mop.

• Advertisement

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    Think this is it. Couldn't post the picture :(

I cant post urls but if you google 'Danny Dyer Motivational Posters' it might cheer you up.

Chin up Mop.[/QUOTE]

Cheers tommy!!!! That totally worked, kept scrolling long enough and up pops a pic of Dyer nude!!! Well happy now lmao!!!! :D:D:D

Right time to give up I think!

JayC90 wrote: »
    Right time to give up I think!

You gave me heart failure!!!! I seen your name in the email notification. I thought FFS that's all 3 in now, I did bloody jinx myself lol grrr. Still time yet Jay, chin up my lovely x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

Still time folks, still time!

If I get a call, I think I will answer with "about *expletive* time" :D

Il be straight to the pub and work will be getting a call saying i wont be in tomorrow....

Lmfao!!! Love it

Are we allowed to give up now?

i think i have, gutted but at least i know in able to go to France with the family in September. Every cloud n all that...

Guess so. Looks like 4 isn't my lucky number after all. :'(

• Advertisement

Theres still tomorrow!!!

For us to be dispointed!

AGAIN!

So so happy for the guys and deep down I knew I wasn't getting a call this time round but no matter how much you tell yourself to be realistic and not get your hopes up there's always that "maybe, just maybe" in the back of your head. Gutted is an understatement. This emotional roller coaster is just a bit too much for me ATM

This should give you guys a laugh....
    Texting my sister this afternoon, she knew calls were going out. She's texting back trying to console me, calls from the hospital on an unknown number cos her mobile was dying!! Bloody cow gave me heart failure!!! My silver lining according to her, this is the last full summer I get with my kids so I need to make every effort to have a happy memory everyday and hopefully I get a call on Thursday 4th September for intake 4+1 lmfao!!! You can see being a nutter is hereditary ;)

"IF IT'S FOR YOU, IT WON'T PASS YOU!!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

Got the call !

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Hold in there Jay and Mop your time will come.

I'm sure you'll get a call soon. If not this month then maybe August.

Thursday 14th august? Thursday 4th September? Is that clutching at straws too much with the lucky number lmao!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

4th time lucky for me too. Got the magic call earlier. Phew.

I feel for you guys. I haven't even progressed as far as you and every day feels like a lifetime waiting in anticipation to get that bit closer.

It must be even worse when you're waiting on the call. Really hope it happens for you soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Interesting reading all of this.

are there many on here potentially leaving similarly paid jobs to join the police?

Interesting reading all of this.

are there many on here potentially leaving similarly paid jobs to join the police?

Initially I'm taking a pay cut to join. However after probation it will nearly be the same as my current salary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Can I ask if people on here are married with kids etc? I'm not sure if my family are ready for the potential upheaval. Everyone on here so sure of joining.

Advertisement