Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Can I ask if people on here are married with kids etc? I'm not sure if my family are ready for the potential upheaval. Everyone on here so sure of joining.

Single mum of 3 kids. I'm determined I'm doing this. If your partner is understanding about shifts etc you should be grand. If you're thinking about joining if they do the information days again I'd recommend going to one. The officers speak quite frankly about their work life balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 BarnesLeBeau

Interesting reading all of this.

are there many on here potentially leaving similarly paid jobs to join the police?

I am, but after a few years pay will be better. But the big thing for me is I'm walking out on a pension that I would have in another 10 years if I stayed put. So this is a big risk for me, but I want it so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I am, but after a few years pay will be better. But the big thing for me is I'm walking out on a pension that I would have in another 10 years if I stayed put. So this is a big risk for me, but I want it so much.

I am initially taking a pay cut yes but after a year or two i will be the same. Besides I hope to get overtime lol

I am young in life and really only starting out so I don't mind doing that and is rather do it now as I start my family rather than in a few years.

Wow how old does that make me sound?!? lol

Come on lucky 4 :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Can I ask if people on here are married with kids etc? I'm not sure if my family are ready for the potential upheaval. Everyone on here so sure of joining.

There are more parents than you might imagine. Yes it's a hard job to balance work/family but it's a worthwhile profession making a difference which your kids will be proud of (when they're old enough to know of course!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Was there no calls today?

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    Was there no calls today?

Generally they only do 2 days worth of calls that we know about. I really couldn't see there being any today. Unfortunately

Seriously quiet on here compared to yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Hey all, I'm now part of the waiting list. Received medical pass yesterday. Could be here for a while but here's hoping :)

Willow89 wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm now part of the waiting list. Received medical pass yesterday. Could be here for a while but here's hoping :)

Welcome and congratulations!!!! Limbo can be quite annoying but feel free to online vent. The guys will tell you they're fed up listening to me lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Willow89 wrote: »

Welcome Willow and congratulations.

Can I ask how long ago you completed your PCA? Don't want an exact date just approximate to try and figure out where I am in the running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I passed my medical this week aswell, so now have a long wait to hear like the rest of you.

Does anyone know what the usual waiting time is from passing medical to hearing from recruitment?

PTR292 wrote: »
    I passed my medical this week aswell, so now have a long wait to hear like the rest of you.

Does anyone know what the usual waiting time is from passing medical to hearing from recruitment?

All depends on your vetting. Guys got in fairly quick cos they had previous security clearance or you could be waiting months like me. Congrats and welcome to limbo :D

Thanks Mop a Top. Ive never had more than a simple police check done so knowing my luck ill be in lumbo for a while lol Brilliant exercise in how to be patient, should come in handy if i get in lol

Thanks Mop a Top. Ive never had more than a simple police check done so knowing my luck ill be in lumbo for a while lol Brilliant exercise in how to be patient, should come in handy if i get in lol

I've had them done too. I help out at RDA and coaching at a kids sports facility so you'd have thought it would be a bit quicker :( if you're wanting to practice patience I'll lend you my kids for a day lmao. Also good for dispute resolution too

Yeh, as long as my vetting clears and i get through i dont care how long it takes (tho would love it to be sooner rather than later lol)

Haha thanks for the offer, but probably safer for everyone concerned that i skip that, probably end up with a house literally on fire!!

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Congrats! You can take it easy now ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

It is like asking how long is a piece of string!!

I passed medical in march and have finally been offered a place ib intake four.

But by the same token you could be offered a place in the next intake starting sept / oct....

Ill just have to be patient and wait then gmck26.

Congratulations on getting in by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

I hope it runs smoothly for you. But the best thing is to stay on here. The support from everyone is amazing...and if nothing else it makes it a little more bearable as you know people are in the same boat and feel the same. Plus it will always help keep the kind occupied :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

JMcClane wrote: »
    Welcome Willow and congratulations.

Can I ask how long ago you completed your PCA? Don't want an exact date just approximate to try and figure out where I am in the running.

Did my pca middle of May :)

I hope it runs smoothly for you. But the best thing is to stay on here. The support from everyone is amazing...and if nothing else it makes it a little more bearable as you know people are in the same boat and feel the same. Plus it will always help keep the kind occupied :)

Yeah having a laugh at me stressing!!!! Seriously hoping I can claim back a few years hair dye supply. This is turning me prematurely grey lol!!!

Mop a top wrote: »
    Yeah having a laugh at me stressing!!!! Seriously hoping I can claim back a few years hair dye supply. This is turning me prematurely grey lol!!!

Dont worry the stress will probably make me go bald rather than grey! Which one do you think is worse lol

Well bald would mean I could wear some killer wigs and not have to stress about tying my hair up to fit under one of those wee funky hats lol

Well bald would mean I could wear some killer wigs and not have to stress about tying my hair up to fit under one of those wee funky hats lol

Haha do you have a positive outlook for everything?

Haha do you have a positive outlook for everything?

Lol if only you knew half of the stuff that's happened or happening, thankfully not just in my life!!! I can be the most optimistic person in the world when it comes to everyone else, me it can be a bit different lol. Think I've just seen how bad things can get so anything is an improvement on rock bottom

Lol if only you knew half of the stuff that's happened or happening, thankfully not just in my life!!! I can be the most optimistic person in the world when it comes to everyone else, me it can be a bit different lol. Think I've just seen how bad things can get so anything is an improvement on rock bottom

Well when you get this quality is going to serve you really well :)

Well when you get this quality is going to serve you really well :)

Thank you :D besides sometimes it's a case of you either laugh or cry, I'd rather laugh than be upset in front of folk especially the kids lol

Thank you :D besides sometimes it's a case of you either laugh or cry, I'd rather laugh than be upset in front of folk especially the kids lol

Im of the same state of mind.. Much better to just laugh it off and not let it fester inside!

• Advertisement

Im of the same state of mind.. Much better to just laugh it off and not let it fester inside!

Having one of those moments now. Just had to unfollow a certain thread :'(

Advertisement