Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Anyone know if the NI allowance is still going to be paid out if the wage gets cut to 19k? If so after 22 weeks you would be getting roughly 25k a year, something that I don't think many would turn their noses up at. Definitely agree with Mop here though that Northern Ireland should not be subject to the same cuts or regulations placed on mainland forces, it is just not the same situation.

Dutch you've lost me now my lovely!! How's it 25k if we start on 19k and NI Allowance is 3k. I'm no mathematical genius but that doesn't add up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Mop a top wrote: »
    Dutch you've lost me now my lovely!! How's it 25k if we start on 19k and NI Allowance is 3k. I'm no mathematical genius but that doesn't add up :P

Nor am I :P lol but after the 22 weeks there's the raise to 22.5 or thereabouts so bung on the 3k and you've got 25! :) it said in that link that Desert posted, there's a raise straight after completing GV and then again after probation, same as it is now with the 23k situation.

Cheers but no harm to you jammy sh*ts I'd rather be on the 25k after GV with the added 3k on top :P I guess it's a case of beggars can't be choosers. I think I'm going to shut up now cos me talking about getting a call and wondering what wage I'll be on is very much like I'm counting chickens and we all know how that can end :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

I would imagine that those of us who applied on 130 campaign will be on the old payscales, if we're not, there will be hell to pay!

So getting away from the sore topic of wages......any guesses on the next dates for calls. Am I right thinking it was about 4 weeks between the last set of calls instead of the 5 they had been doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

I doubt ill be in the next intake but it say itll probably be start of 2nd week of august. Have no facts to back that up lol

It could be longer between calls than it has been so far as there's a larger gap between the call and the start date this time around, probably due to the July holidays as someone suggested previously. If they're looking to give 5-6 weeks notice the second week of August could be a good bet. Fingers crossed for those still waiting :)

So Dutch I'm aiming for Thursday 14th lol

At 14.44! Oh! Or 4.44 I guess :) lol hopefully it'll fly in!

Well we'll see I guess. Not counting chickens anymore. If it happens it happens. Not getting my hopes up anymore but we'll see :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 active_edge

Well we'll see I guess. Not counting chickens anymore. If it happens it happens. Not getting my hopes up anymore but we'll see :)

If you're able to (and I know I found it difficult at times), try to put everything around the process out of your head. Too much unnecessary worry and stress otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

If you're able to (and I know I found it difficult at times), try to put everything around the process out of your head. Too much unnecessary worry and stress otherwise.

i intend on doing that, with the help of a few pints tonight! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14 THFC1882

Does anyone here know of anyone yet to fail the vetting process?

THFC1882 wrote: »
    Does anyone here know of anyone yet to fail the vetting process?

Haven't heard tbh. You?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

May the forth be with you.

Hahahahaha see what I did there? Yip I'm embarrassed for me lol

Got to love a good old cheesy joke! Can't be beat haha

Lol I'm not waiting until next May to get in. Do not jinx me!! Grrrr :(
    Although I love Star Wars

Ok,,,pints has turned into several double gins,,,,cue the piss taking when I'm dying tomorrow.....lol

pcplod wrote: »
    Ok,,,pints has turned into several double gins,,,,cue the piss taking when I'm dying tomorrow.....lol

Love a wee or a large gin :)

Love a wee or a large gin :)

just home, double gin and mixer for a 5er..........

• Advertisement

just home, double gin and mixer for a 5er..........

I'm sure you're hanging today lol!!!

I'm sure you're hanging today lol!!!

im not actually too bad now......last night?? Rubbered ain't the word for it lol

im not actually too bad now......last night?? Rubbered ain't the word for it lol

Well the posts on here weren't bad. Could have been a lot worse!!!

Well the posts on here weren't bad. Could have been a lot worse!!!

That's what I was thinking but I wonder what texts were sent at the same time as posting here?? ;)

That's what I was thinking but I wonder what texts were sent at the same time as posting here?? ;)

phone has a camera too haha

Lmfao that's why I don't do drunk texting lol

Lmfao that's why I don't do drunk texting lol

yea yea......lol

Lol I don't do drunk. I can't! Too square according to my sister. I just can't afford a 3 day hangover cos that's what I get now lol. Not a young thing anymore lol.

On a more serious note I'm still debating if I should email vetting to see what the craic is.

Lol I don't do drunk. I can't! Too square according to my sister. I just can't afford a 3 day hangover cos that's what I get now lol. Not a young thing anymore lol.

On a more serious note I'm still debating if I should email vetting to see what the craic is.
    i struggle with hangovers too, Il be in bed same time as the wee woman tonight. Suffering now big time! When was it they checked your report?

• Advertisement

Sent it off mid march. They credit checked me first week of April

Advertisement