Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

No, the only way you'll know if you've passed vetting is if you get a phone call with a job offer. No one on here seems to have failed vetting as of yet so we're not sure on procedure if that happens.

Or sometimes they do ask for more information...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Or sometimes they do ask for more information...

Yeah but even if they do it still doesn't mean you've passed yet. In the old campaigns before the freeze you used be able to phone and check if it had cleared yet but unfortunately we can't do that any more. Really the only way to know if you've cleared vetting is when you get a call I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Hey people, got word back about my query regarding salary. Should hopefully put a few minds at ease :)

'I can confirm at this moment in time the salary will be £23,259 as advertised for campaign 1 candidates'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Dekkers I think you've just won the prize for most liked post on boards!!!

Hate how they put "at this moment in time" grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Great ! Better get back to worrying about the number of places left & passing the PCA! lol

• Advertisement

At least you're not worrying why folk with lower scores have been requested extra info from AC&V and you haven't :-/

Mop a top wrote: »
    Dekkers I think you've just won the prize for most liked post on boards!!!

Hate how they put "at this moment in time" grrr

Haha I know..but they knew I had only completed 1/5 of the remaining stages so hopefully it's true for all campaign 1 candidates.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Dekkers wrote: »
    Hey people, got word back about my query regarding salary. Should hopefully put a few minds at ease :)

'I can confirm at this moment in time the salary will be £23,259 as advertised for campaign 1 candidates'.

Good work!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

Is everyone supposed to recieve these 'further' vetting forms? Passed my medical last week and haven't heard anything.

PT93 wrote: »
    Is everyone supposed to recieve these 'further' vetting forms? Passed my medical last week and haven't heard anything.

Lmao join the queue. Passed mine in May and still haven't heard anything grrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

PT93 wrote: »

No, they're only for if they want further information if they don't have enough to go on or want a bit more explanation on something. The most common thing they seem to ask for more of is information relating to your financial history. The phrase seems to be "no news is good news" so don't panic if you haven't heard from them, it doesn't necessarily mean anything and they could be happy with the information you first provided in your vetting forms.

Oh and congrats on passing the medical/final hurdle! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

I sent my vetting in March, two days after they received my forms I got an email asking for further information about my partners natural father (additional details sent back via email). Then on 29th April I got another email asking for written confirmation from my local council that I had surrendered my personal alcohol licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭popolive

I am guessing I am not in campaign 1 since I applied in June for the first time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Dekkers you absolute wee beaut ye!
    Hell of a weight off my mind there about the cashmonies situation :)

Totally agree. Now Dekkers, go on and find out why my vetting hasn't got sorted yet lol x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

5days at work, done, get the gin out! Lol

Feeling very much like joining you plod!!! I'm scunnered with this waiting and hearing jack s**t.

Feeling very much like joining you plod!!! I'm scunnered with this waiting and hearing jack s**t.

i didn't have time to think about it the past lot of days, hence my lack of posting, however, now that im back at home relaxing.......

Beginning to think I'm getting a Dear John letter since folk with lower scores have been asked for more info and I haven't. Can't believe my fecking vetting isn't through yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

Beginning to think I'm getting a Dear John letter since folk with lower scores have been asked for more info and I haven't. Can't believe my fecking vetting isn't through yet :(

Aye takes the biscuit really doesn't it. Work your arse off to get the best score possible and you still end up waiting!

• Advertisement

Totally agree. Now Dekkers, go on and find out why my vetting hasn't got sorted yet lol x

haha...I'll angry email them straight away... ALL CAPS ...:)

Here... managed to take a 6 day break from boards. Might be new record for me ha

Highly recommend for the nervous, scundered, hair tearing candidate lol

Lol I'd really appreciate that!!! My daddy thinks having a word with the mayor would do it. I nearly wet myself laughing at him them realised he was being serious. Awkward lmao!!!

Guys and girlies I'm off now, can't do the over analysing and comparing my application to someone else's and stressing cos I haven't heard from AC&V and others have. Good luck to you all, I'll miss the craic and banter that's for sure. I'll be thinking of you all in a couple of weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Has anyone below 70 got the call yet?

Not sure about that buddy but I emailed vetting today and they confirmed my vetting is still ongoing. I sent it in mid march. Anyone know if there has been a single person enquire and told that their vetting has cleared. I'm wondering if there's a blanket answer given for all queries as this would cover them discovering any potential new info on you right up until you get the call. Just haven't heard a person say theirs was confirmed cleared ever on here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 PTR292

Willow89 wrote: »
    Has anyone below 70 got the call yet?

Nope, got 68. Hopefully hear start of august, but part of me thinks might have to wait longer than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Nope although I haven't contacted them I know of a few people who have been told that theirs hasn't cleared. I'm 68 and waiting! We should do an updated list of where everyone is!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Willow89 wrote: »
    Nope although I haven't contacted them I know of a few people who have been told that theirs hasn't cleared. I'm 68 and waiting! We should do an updated list of where everyone is!

I'm 71%

Some advice please folks. Got my second IST coming up and not sure if there's any merit in going ahead with it or not as I'm sitting with a 77% AC score and only vetting left to clear for the 1309 campaign. I know some of us applied again to cover ourselves but I really feel that they wouldn't have recruited again if there wasn't enough spaces for all of us still waiting and more. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's pointless going through it all again in this scenario?

• Advertisement

Clanman889 wrote: »
    Some advice please folks. Got my second IST coming up and not sure if there's any merit in going ahead with it or not as I'm sitting with a 77% AC score and only vetting left to clear for the 1309 campaign. I know some of us applied again to cover ourselves but I really feel that they wouldn't have recruited again if there wasn't enough spaces for all of us still waiting and more. Anyone have any thoughts on whether it's pointless going through it all again in this scenario?

in my case (in sure others are in the same boat) there was no point in me reapplying, simply because the only thing that will kick me out of the 1309 campaign is vetting which would come back exactly the same if i reapplied and got to that stage again.

Advertisement