Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

pcplod wrote: »
    in my case (in sure others are in the same boat) there was no point in me reapplying, simply because the only thing that will kick me out of the 1309 campaign is vetting which would come back exactly the same if i reapplied and got to that stage again.

Same Here

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Clanman889

Tend to agree folks. Gonna give it a miss and just wait out 1309. Thanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

I reapplied but considering giving the ist a miss as well. Really want to contact them to see about vetting but can only see me getting the answer that it's not complete which will just worry me lol!

Willow89 wrote: »
    I reapplied but considering giving the ist a miss as well. Really want to contact them to see about vetting but can only see me getting the answer that it's not complete which will just worry me lol!

I'm not assuming this but it's very possible they just have the default stance of telling every person who enquires that it's still ongoing. Protects them in case something crops up at the lat minute that they were previously unaware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Got my pass letter today from medical. Just a waiting game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

JMcClane wrote: »
    Got my pass letter today from medical. Just a waiting game now.

Me too mate, think this is going to be the worst bit lol

Congratulations mate. I think you're right. I thought it was slow up to this point but I'm going to be counting the clock every day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

What score are you guys sitting on? Well done on passing your medicals, hopefully the call will come soon enough :)

What score are you guys sitting on? Well done on passing your medicals, hopefully the call will come soon enough :)

I got 67 at AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭col212

Thank you, 67 for me too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

71% at ac for me

Welcome to the waiting room folks. It's a long haul sitting here or at least it has been for a fair few of us since passing medical the start of May. I was a 77% at AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Medical pass here too. Relieved is not the word!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Dekkers wrote: »
    Medical pass here too. Relieved is not the word!

Yeeeoooo. And well done to everyone else for passing this far. Try and keep your patience at 100% for the next little while!!

There is a sense of relief when ya get the letter isn't there??

Yeeeoooo. And well done to everyone else for passing this far. Try and keep your patience at 100% for the next little while!!

There is a sense of relief when ya get the letter isn't there??

A sense of relief and also the sense that I'm the victim of an expensive and elaborate prank.

Can I ask how many weeks before start date the induction weekend is?

I've literally one weekend with a personal commitment in the next few months and I don't have to me Mystic Meg to predict what's going to happen!

A sense of relief and also the sense that I'm the victim of an expensive and elaborate prank.

Can I ask how many weeks before start date the induction weekend is?

I've literally one weekend with a personal commitment in the next few months and I don't have to me Mystic Meg to predict what's going to happen!

The induction is approx 4 weeks before the actual start date. Remember induction is a whole weekend too and not just one day...

The induction is approx 4 weeks before the actual start date. Remember induction is a whole weekend too and not just one day...

Cheers...hopefully be ok. Would hate to defer but wouldn't have a choice!

Sure maybe I'll get the call for the next intake and it won't be an issue! :D

Cheers...hopefully be ok. Would hate to defer but wouldn't have a choice!

Sure maybe I'll get the call for the next intake and it won't be an issue! :D

Hopefully so. Fingers crossed for ya!

Congratulations Dekkers. I know you were a bit worried about the medical so I'm dead happy it worked out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

Keep the faith guys..... Just finished first week at gv and it was AMAZING!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Delighted to hear it !

Many places left for the rest of us? :eek: :D

Congratulations Dekkers. I know you were a bit worried about the medical so I'm dead happy it worked out for you.

Cheers J! Much appreciated.

Cheers J! Much appreciated.

Hopefully in a few months we will all be knee deep in training at GV and the long, slow recruitment process will be a happy reflection for us lol.

Hopefully in a few months we will all be knee deep in training at GV and the long, slow recruitment process will be a happy reflection for us lol.

Jeez where's me manners..well done to you too ha.

Yeah mate it'll all be forgotten about before too long ha. Got my geek on today and printed out the online learning. Should keep us goin for a few weeks anyway!

Jeez where's me manners..well done to you too ha.

Yeah mate it'll all be forgotten about before too long ha. Got my geek on today and printed out the online learning. Should keep us goin for a few weeks anyway!

Cheers buddy.

I was to impatient waiting for the medical and I've finished my online learning. Interesting stuff and it is true about just wanting the job more when you do it.

Cheers buddy.

I was to impatient waiting for the medical and I've finished my online learning. Interesting stuff and it is true about just wanting the job more when you do it.

Aye you're right there. Keener than ever ha. Not quite finished mines. I have a lot of the boxes ticked but don't know it as well as I'd like so that's why I printed it out. Was always leaving it til after medical before getting stuck in properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Can anyone give a rough breakdown of the time taken to get the call after they completed each stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Sep 2013 Application submitted
    Nov 2013 IST
    Feb 2014 Assessment centre
    Apr 2014 PCA
    May 2014 Medical
    June 2014 Offer of employment

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Thanks coogie_boogie, not as bad as I thought!

• Advertisement

Shall we do a wee list of all those waiting just for Shi*s and giggles?

Maybe 'thank' this post for handiness and I'll throw it up later :)

Or even comment with med pass month so we'll know pecking order better!

Advertisement