Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Dutch please tell me you're joking about the squad colours for this next lot of calls?!?!??

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

But with your deferral you're definitely in AND your squad colour is going to be red, which, let's face it, is a great colour! Not as good as blue though... :P

Squads have colours? I didnt know this! And i much prefer red to blue...lol :D
    Yeah i know but i only had a review with the police physio yesterday so hoping this hasnt pushed me back down the list. I'm just being really impatient lol.

How was induction Dutch? I know you cant say much but did it make you more excited? Not long to go now til you start!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

But with your deferral you're definitely in AND your squad colour is going to be red, which, let's face it, is a great colour! Not as good as blue though... :P

I thought the reds were the first batch?

Well Fenners unless there's a purple/red coming up I ain't getting in since 4 has already passed lol. That's lucky number and fav colours gone :P

You a wee bit excited yet?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Mop a top wrote: »
    Dutch please tell me you're joking about the squad colours for this next lot of calls?!?!??

No no I'm not joking! Lol sure Fenners the reds will be finished and out in their stations by the time the next lot get to start! They'll be starting week 17 when we start I think!

• Advertisement

Well Fenners unless there's a purple/red coming up I ain't getting in since 4 has already passed lol. That's lucky number and fav colours gone :P

You a wee bit excited yet?! :D

Unless they rotate the colours after or something or I just plucked that out if nowhere lol

Cannot wait. Second bit of online learning is intense but just wish I was started now!!

Hope you're watching the great British bake off...from what I remember you promised me a cake when you arrive in GV!!!

Unless they rotate the colours after or something or I just plucked that out if nowhere lol

Cannot wait. Second bit of online learning is intense but just wish I was started now!!

Hope you're watching the great British bake off...from what I remember you promised me a cake when you arrive in GV!!!

It's so much more intense than the first lot isn't it? Each part is like 4 times as long, like each web page I mean lol I'm like you though, starting can't come quick enough!

It's so much more intense than the first lot isn't it? Each part is like 4 times as long, like each web page I mean lol I'm like you though, starting can't come quick enough!

Yeah. One bit that's says approx 20 mins took me around 75 mins! Haha

Piss off you sickening sh*tes lmao!!!! I think they used to rotate the colours but that's years ago I'm talking about. Fenners are you suggesting I need help with my baking? How rude!! And yes IF I get in I will bring a meat wagon cake lmfao

Piss off you sickening sh*tes lmao!!!! I think they used to rotate the colours but that's years ago I'm talking about. Fenners are you suggesting I need help with my baking? How rude!! And yes IF I get in I will bring a meat wagon cake lmfao

Not at all! Just incase you wanted ideas :)

I can imagine all the fun you will have making tsg people from icing! Lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭JayC90

What are we think about this week folks?

JayC90 wrote: »
    What are we think about this week folks?

Sssshhhhh Jay I don't want to think about it!!! How's things? All sorted I hope. I still haven't heard jack sh*t lol :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Fingers crossed this week, and hopefully see you all at the induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Prenty

Hi folks, just incase any of you are still wondering about vetting, I got a form for additional info about six weeks ago and sent it back, called the 101 number on Wednesday and asked to be put through to HR and they told me everything had cleared. Might be worth a call if anyone else is in the same boat and heard nothing

I still haven't received any requests for extra info. Starting to panic again especially since they went off in match and I've had everything done since May :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39 PT93

I never received any request for additional vetting info and I phoned up last week and thankfully found out vetting had came back clear. So if we've passed the medical and vetting I assume we definitely have a place? Hopefully calls go out this week :)

I'm too scared to phone lmfao!!!! Someone want to take my phone and do it for me lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Do any of the first intake know where they're going yet? Do they take into account your home situation ie married new baby etc?

Mop a top this is the week for you ;-)

Do any of the first intake know where they're going yet? Do they take into account your home situation ie married new baby etc?

I heard waterside wanted 10. They're only getting 2. I think they do. They did when my ex was going through it.

Fingers crossed especially if intake 5 will be Red. 4 is my lucky number and missed even though I had the same score as a few lads who are in. Red/purple favourite colours lol. Not generally superstitious lol!!!! Please god let me get a call :( I'm not holding my breath though but thanks for saying x

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Anyone any thoughts on when the "calls" might take place, if this week? Would it be towards the end of the week or the beginning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Willow89

Last ones were thurs and Friday I think but think they have ranged throughout. I think it could be early this time though. No idea if I expect a call, I know my vettings clear but not sure if 68 is enough to be included for this round of calls. Seem to be a huge amount of people now in the waiting game.

No, you're only given 28 days notice of where you'll be going, so around week 18 maybe (and they're going into week 14/15 or so)! Although there were two great students at the induction, really helpful and both from the South so living in full time and they'll be finding out with a bit more notice than that to give them a bit more to time to get everything squared away and moved up here.

With the new baby I'm not sure how they handle that but there's space in your welcome pack to write in circumstances why you want to live closer to home and I'm sure that would come into play!

Willow89 wrote: »
    Last ones were thurs and Friday I think but think they have ranged throughout. I think it could be early this time though. No idea if I expect a call, I know my vettings clear but not sure if 68 is enough to be included for this round of calls. Seem to be a huge amount of people now in the waiting game.

It might be. The lowest score I heard that got a call was 70 although there's a few of us still waiting with 70+ AC scores. I haven't rang to see if it's cleared or not. Too chicken lol, good luck anyway :)

Anyone else phone watching like a maniac??

The last time the calls went out it was the end of the week, the time before, was it earlier in the week? Driving myself mad here tryin to predict lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

Yeah I'm phone watching. Think I'd be used to it by now! Rang S & V though and found out I cleared everything last week, so fingers crossed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Chicken82

FYI for those of you who've just started waiting my medical was in April, so my security and vetting took 4 months!

Another paranoid phone watcher here. Missed a call from a number beginning with 276 around 4 o'clock but I doubt it was the call I was looking for :( . Out of interest, if they ring and you aren't in or whatever, do they leave a message asking you to ring them back? And worst case scenario if you somehow didn't get the message do they eventually send a letter out?

PT93 wrote: »
    Another paranoid phone watcher here. Missed a call from a number beginning with 276 around 4 o'clock but I doubt it was the call I was looking for :( . Out of interest, if they ring and you aren't in or whatever, do they leave a message asking you to ring them back? And worst case scenario if you somehow didn't get the message do they eventually send a letter out?

They will leave a voicemail and give you a contact number to ring them back on. I deffered due to an injury on the last batch of calls and I missed the call.

221988 wrote: »
    They will leave a voicemail and give you a contact number to ring them back on. I deffered due to an injury on the last batch of calls and I missed the call.

Ah right, thanks for the info. Do they ring both mobile and home phone?

• Advertisement

PT93 wrote: »
    Ah right, thanks for the info. Do they ring both mobile and home phone?

It was only mobile for me, I think.

Advertisement