Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    E-mail them if you're worried about going all Excorcist on them down the phone.

Cheers Tommy I just pmsl at that!!!!! Really needed that, thanks my lovely x

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Did we get our vetting forms after AC or the PCA?

It's been that long I cant remember.

Between AC and PCA

I sent mine off in May then.

Grrrrrrrr ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

I sent my vetting off mid March then got an email about 5 days later asking for additional info. I then got another email towards end of April asking for more info....

Coogie you're around the same time frame however I haven't heard jack sh*t from them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭coogie_boogie

Mop a top wrote: »
    Coogie you're around the same time frame however I haven't heard jack sh*t from them

Mop, I'm really gutted for you and was hoping you would get a call.... when the calls came the other day I was expecting for you and Jay to to have had calls also... Wanted you on my intake (I'm sure you promised cakes on first day?)

Cake was promised!!!! Annoyed for Jay cos he's got a great high 70s score. I'm on 71 so I was half expecting one this time. Just off the phone and surprise surprise they can't tell me anything and my vetting is still outstanding. Great!!!!!!!! Causeway cliffs anyone?!?! I'll bring cake :P

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sgt_fenners

Cake was promised!!!! Annoyed for Jay cos he's got a great high 70s score. I'm on 71 so I was half expecting one this time. Just off the phone and surprise surprise they can't tell me anything and my vetting is still outstanding. Great!!!!!!!! Causeway cliffs anyone?!?! I'll bring cake :P

If the cake is any good il talk ya down...

• Advertisement

Of course it's good, cheeky bugger. You think you'll need the practice Fenners??? Feeling a bit better now. Off to gymnastics tonight and almost have my splits so I'm a happy bunny. At least there's some progression in my life lmfao!!!!! Emailing vetting tomorrow, don't think it will make any difference but nothing ventured nothing gained :)

Of course it's good, cheeky bugger. You think you'll need the practice Fenners??? Feeling a bit better now. Off to gymnastics tonight and almost have my splits so I'm a happy bunny. At least there's some progression in my life lmfao!!!!! Emailing vetting tomorrow, don't think it will make any difference but nothing ventured nothing gained :)

Suppose it wouldn't do any harm now!lol that's the spirit tho...

You trying to get the splits perfected so that can be your ice breaker?

Suppose it wouldn't do any harm now!lol that's the spirit tho...

You trying to get the splits perfected so that can be your ice breaker?

Lmfao the meat wagon cake was going to be the ice breaker. Splits is just cos I've started coaching recently and the older girls were teasing I wasn't able to do it so I couldn't let a bunch of 10 year olds take the piss and show me up lol!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George

Hi there had my medical on 5th August and got a letter a couple of days later saying I had passed. Does anyone know what happens now. Do you get sent your drug test results separately? Also how long between these results and finding out if you are being offered a job?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

C.George wrote: »
    Hi there had my medical on 5th August and got a letter a couple of days later saying I had passed. Does anyone know what happens now. Do you get sent your drug test results separately? Also how long between these results and finding out if you are being offered a job?

Thanks

you don't get the results as such, u only get notified if you fail a stage, and the waiting time between medical/smt and a job offer varies, i waited just over 3 months.....

pcplod wrote: »
    you don't get the results as such, u only get notified if you fail a stage, and the waiting time between medical/smt and a job offer varies, i waited just over 3 months.....

Thanks the worlds longest process continues I guess. Do you know how many intakes there have been and how many there are?

Thanks

I'm still waiting on my vetting clearing since march. Passed the medical at the start of May. It's all down to your vetting. Some have only been waiting about a month others like me and Jay forever. Well come to limbo :)

I'm still waiting on my vetting clearing since march. Passed the medical at the start of May. It's all down to your vetting. Some have only been waiting about a month others like me and Jay forever. Well come to limbo :)

How do you know if you passed your vetting or not. I sent mine away and never heard anything back. I would say I sent it in May or so had the PCA in June and medical in August. Seems to take forever!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭pcplod

C.George wrote: »
    Thanks the worlds longest process continues I guess. Do you know how many intakes there have been and how many there are?

Thanks

well, im in intake 5 and they tun until march next year i think..

You won't hear anything back unless they need more info on something, you fail and then they notify you by letter which you can appeal to George himself or you get an offer of employment if you're score's good enough

• Advertisement

For those of you who have been around here for a while...

I received a gift from my current job today. Yes it was in fact a mankini...plain, and in line with a neutral working environment. Kinda wanted one with crystals but I don't look a gift horse in te mouth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

I received a gift from my current job today. Yes it was in fact a mankini...plain, and in line with a neutral working environment. Kinda wanted one with crystals but I don't look a gift horse in te mouth :)

Haha your roommate could be in for quite a shock by the sounds of your choice in lounge wear Fenners! Getting excited yet? Can't wait myself!

Got the call this morning guys, not sure what's going on with this intake. :)

Haha your roommate could be in for quite a shock by the sounds of your choice in lounge wear Fenners! Getting excited yet? Can't wait myself!

Yeah. Nervous and excited. Can't wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Dutch_Rudder

Well done mate! Deferrals maybe?

Someone maybe deferred or pulled out and u were next on the list?? Congrats

Was thinking that. Just glad i'll not have another 5weeks waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭221988

Was thinking that. Just glad i'll not have another 5weeks waiting.

Congrats!!! See you soon :)

It wasn't me lol but that actually put a smile on my face!!!! Congrats Tommy x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

That is me playing the waiting game! My medical appeal was succussful :)

Advertisement