Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Amokach1

Guys, online learning complete, medical passed very recently, filled in vetting forms in April. Does anyone have any kind if indication if and when I could get the call ( providing my vetting is ok)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Rj408 wrote: »
    Can anyone shed any more info on this deadline? Surely it wouldn't apply to those who are only at the first stages of the recruitment process now having completed IST and awaiting AC?.... They couldn't be through it all in time for whatever deadline exists in March 2015?

March 2015 is for everyone in the previous campaign. Not then one which has just released the results for IST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

oztop1234 wrote: »
    March 2015 is for everyone in the previous campaign. Not then one which has just released the results for IST

Thanks, another question if I may. So March 2015, if you have say done your PCA and medical and your vettins ISN'T clear you will be dropped from the campaign? Aka not get in.

Rj408 wrote: »
    Thanks, another question if I may. So March 2015, if you have say done your PCA and medical and your vettins ISN'T clear you will be dropped from the campaign? Aka not get in.

They reckon by march 2015 they will have filled the 378 positions they had available for the campaign 13090. As far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭VES86

A wee snip from the chief report to the policing board

"Police Officer Recruitment

In terms of Campaign 1, I can confirm that the current merit list is expected to create 378 appointments over the current financial year.

Campaign 2 is currently at the Assessment Centre phase with the merit list expected in December 2014. This should allow for initial appointments in spring 2015, again working towards a figure of 378 over the 2015/16 financial year. In accordance with the Board’s suggestion, the requirement for a Level 1 Certificate in IT was dropped for the second campaign. Candidates will instead be tested on IT competence as part of the practical exercises within the Assessment Centre phase.

Campaign 3 is scheduled for launch during January 2015, with preparation already underway on the approach to outreach and advertising.

Update on Student Officer Training Programme (SOTP)

Four courses are currently in training:

·01/14 - 38 Student Officers;

·02/14 - 32 Student Officers;

·03/14 - 36 Student Officers;

·04/14 - 41 Student Officers (commenced Sunday 24 August).

The next course is due to commence on the 28 September with an expected intake of 40 Student Officers.ee snip from the chiefs report to the policing board"

http://www.psni.police.uk/report_of_the_chief_constable_to_the_northern_ireland_policing_board_04_09_14#psni

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Good news for those looking for a January drive! Looks like that 'source' was right then.

Some of us may find ourselves in three campaigns then by January.

Just added the link to the full report to the end of my post there

Just added the link to the full report to the end of my post there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Amokach1 wrote: »
    Guys, online learning complete, medical passed very recently, filled in vetting forms in April. Does anyone have any kind if indication if and when I could get the call ( providing my vetting is ok)?

Sent my forms off in march and still waiting to here. If your vetting has cleared you're put on a merit list according to your AC score. Depends what your score was obviously when you get a call.

Mop a top wrote: »
    Sent my forms off in march and still waiting to here. If your vetting has cleared you're put on a merit list according to your AC score. Depends what your score was obviously when you get a call.

So my score was 66 at AC - delay email batch.

How did you do at AC?

• Advertisement

So my score was 66 at AC - delay email batch.

How did you do at AC?

Got 71% last lot of calls got 68/69

Thanks for the info, surely a 71 means you must be up next!

Wouldn't be so sure. Vetting still not back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

I'd 71% too Mop and was one of the last to get a call. I was informed just a week before the call that my vetting hadn't passed yet. Judging by the post above there's still over 180 places left. So chin up :)

How can you find out if you have passed vetting?

How can you find out if you have passed vetting?

I e-mailed, but like I said. I got told it hadn't cleared yet but then got a call a few days later. Might be worth asking though, just to make sure your vetting isn't lost.

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    I e-mailed, but like I said. I got told it hadn't cleared yet but then got a call a few days later. Might be worth asking though, just to make sure your vetting isn't lost.

Could you pm me the email address if you still have it?

Tommy Gunn wrote: »
    I'd 71% too Mop and was one of the last to get a call. I was informed just a week before the call that my vetting hadn't passed yet. Judging by the post above there's still over 180 places left. So chin up :)

Thanks my lovely, slowly losing the will lol!!! You a tad excited yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭JMcClane

Surely you'll be in the running for a call this time mop.

Are we thinking end of this week for calls or is it more likely to be next week?

Thanks my lovely, slowly losing the will lol!!! You a tad excited yet??

Yeah can't wait. Just trying to find time for the e-learning, still working right up til my start date :(

• Advertisement

Lol McClane if the vetting had cleared I should have been off having a laugh at Fenners in his mankini and Dutch in 4 they scored pretty much the same me too :/ I've given up on speculating on calls, if I see the posts on here going up I'm sick to the core!!!

Tommy, I know what you mean, even the online they had you do as recruitment was hard enough to fit in around kids and work. I'm sure they wondered wtf I was doing logging on at 2am lol!!!

Lol McClane if the vetting had cleared I should have been off having a laugh at Fenners in his mankini and Dutch in 4 they scored pretty much the same me too :/ I've given up on speculating on calls, if I see the posts on here going up I'm sick to the core!!!

Tommy, I know what you mean, even the online they had you do as recruitment was hard enough to fit in around kids and work. I'm sure they wondered wtf I was doing logging on at 2am lol!!!

Don't worry Mop by the time we get to G'ville Fenners will probably still be wearing his mankini.

He'd need to be!!! I've got him a blingy diamanté one lol!!!!

He'd need to be!!! I've got him a blingy diamanté one lol!!!!

Diamantés, that's bound to chafe. Sounds painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Can you get the call before online window shuts?

Can you get the call before online window shuts?

Been wondering the same. Doubt it but who knows

It's dead quiet on here these days.

Think we've died of boredom lol. Not long to wait guys

Vetting finally here!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

I reckon more calls due this week

Advertisement