Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Make sure that ye all have your voicemail activated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

MD4PSNI wrote: »
    My medical is end of Sept so fingers crossed for intake 7 :-)

Well done to everyone.

Any word from Mop yet??

Thanks but no call.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Mop a top wrote: »
    Thanks but no call.

Keep hopes up Mop. I know you will get that call!

Don't think so. Not now that they're further from my scores now. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Mop it must be an administrative error. Lost forms. Something like that.

If you don't know of any reason why vetting would be delayed then there are none.

• Advertisement

Nope. Emailed them last month. They said if the needed anything or if anything changed I'd be contacted it. I've had absolutely nothing.

I tend to think speaking to someone is better. Emails could be responded to with a stock answer. It just doesn't make sense unless there has been an error somewhere. You would only fail vetting in very particular circumstances and you would know yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Dekkers wrote: »
    Just got the good news folks. Delighted!

Well done matey!!

Congrats to all the other new SO's!!

I tend to think speaking to someone is better. Emails could be responded to with a stock answer. It just doesn't make sense unless there has been an error somewhere. You would only fail vetting in very particular circumstances and you would know yourself.

Honestly nothing to stop me getting in. Square is a word used to describe me lol. Can't get a number or put through to vetting. Tried several times. And was just informed to email them as they can't actually put me through. As I keep saying "if it's meant for you, it won't pass you" thinking there's something else I'm supposed to be doing now just haven't a clue what though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Dekkers

Homer01 wrote: »
    Well done matey!!

Congrats to all the other new SO's!!

Cheers Homer. Coincidentally, this is me now. :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxcxb1Qk94

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Honestly nothing to stop me getting in. Square is a word used to describe me lol. Can't get a number or put through to vetting. Tried several times. And was just informed to email them as they can't actually put me through. As I keep saying "if it's meant for you, it won't pass you" thinking there's something else I'm supposed to be doing now just haven't a clue what though :(

Mop a top not to sound like an idiot or make anyone else sound like one, but did ya ring the switchboard and just ask for HR and see if they can help.. I know they don't do the vetting, or at least I don't think so, but they may be able to help with something or provide more info.

Ring switchboard and try and get through to HR. Ask about the appeal process for this campaign. Explain you've friends who scored less and are in etc. Explain you have nothing from a vetting perspective to worry about or would explain a delay. State you have other job offers to consider. Say from a welfare perspective you need to know why there have been intakes after your score was taken in.

Email the AC address with the same info.

I've rang HR before and asked to speak to them. Told them the same thing about friend with lower scores. All I'm told is my vetting is outstanding and they can't say why. Everyone's recruitment is different and I can't compare mine to someone else's. It will be the same story again guys. Thanks for this but it's not looking likely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Get a parliamentary question put in then so, that's what i would do if i was in your position!

Mop as with any job you have a right to know why/if you've been deselected. What criteria etc. Unfortunately you might have to wait until the end for that info but you should start now.

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

Hopefully some more calls today. Does anyone know what they do if they cannot get you on the phone? Do they send you an email letter or what? Due to work I have to have my phone off most of the day.

Enable your voicemail. They'll leave a number to call

• Registered Users Posts: 25 C.George

ptsb1 wrote: »
    Hopefully some more calls today. Does anyone know what they do if they cannot get you on the phone? Do they send you an email letter or what? Due to work I have to have my phone off most of the day.

They left me a voicemail on my mobile and also called my house phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

I e-mailed to see if my vetting has cleared and have been told that the process has not yet been completed. Guess I can settle myself for another 5 weeks or so. Well done to everyone who has got the call for this intake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

ptsb1 wrote: »

F work and turn it on well!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

In my pj's watching murder she wrote when I got my call! So delighted I gurned my eyes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

il add you to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭alwayshungry

LadyVernal wrote: »
    il add you to the list

List?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭LadyVernal

There is a thread called OFFICIAL INTAKE 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Amokach1

Anybody get the call sitting with an AC score of 66? Or do you think we'll be next time round?

Just got the best and ****test news EVER!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Just got the best and ****test news EVER!!!!!!

OMG Mop... Please tell me you got the call?!?!?!?! So delighted!!!!!

What's happening mop :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Splill the beans mop, I think the whole forum is hoping that you got the call today!!

Advertisement