Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Long story short. My vetting passed at the end of august!!!!!!!! Just missed the deadline for a September call HOWEVER since it's been 6 months since my PCA, medical and SMT I will need to repeat these as they have a 6 month expiry.

Still I don't care and it was the assault from the ex holding up things.

Wasn't confident when I did the PCA last time but I'll be damned if I'm failing it this time round. Won't be on for November, hopefully I'll gett last Xmas at home with the kids before starting GV.

It's not the answer I was hoping for but at least it's an answer. I literally had one of the worst week of my life in and this has just turned my week around. Grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not in yet but thanks everyone for the lovely posts x

Long story short. My vetting passed at the end of august!!!!!!!! Just missed the deadline for a September call HOWEVER since it's been 6 months since my PCA, medical and SMT I will need to repeat these as they have a 6 month expiry.

Wasn't confident when I did the PCA last time but I'll be damned if I'm failing it this time round. Won't be on for November, hopefully I'll gett last Xmas at home with the kids before starting GV.

It's not the answer I was hoping for but at least it's an answer. I literally had one of the worst week of my life in and this has just turned my week around. Grinning from ear to ear!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Well done Mop!!!! It's only a matter of time for you now:-) x

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brunoboy

I ended up ringing them 2day,my vetting also cleared end of august!!!..delighted it's all cleared but can't work out why psni system hasn't been updated to tell them it's clear!
    Brilliant news for you mop!

Brunoboy wrote: »
    I ended up ringing them 2day,my vetting also cleared end of august!!!..delighted it's all cleared but can't work out why psni system hasn't been updated to tell them it's clear!

You too my lovely. Guess we'll be doing the PCA together :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭.S.

So pleased for you mop, I got deferred at PCA and hoping for the nov date so may well see ya there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Mop a top wrote: »

Congrats Mop! You'll ace the PCA again and be in GV before you can say 'Happy New Year' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Dekkers wrote: »
    Cheers Homer. Coincidentally, this is me now. :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPxcxb1Qk94

lol,

This is still me :D

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-5i1cJIwE7M

I know it seems crappy but at least it wasn't the dear john letter I was expecting. Just knuckle down and get back in shape cod that nearly killed me last time lol

I know it seems crappy but at least it wasn't the dear john letter I was expecting. Just knuckle down and get back in shape cod that nearly killed me last time lol

It will be no bother the second time round!..at least we both know what to expect..fingers crossed we will get the call in time for Christmas/new year,plently of reasons to celebrate then!!

• Advertisement

Ha not so sure on that. I'd lost all hope this past few weeks and let most of my training go so it will be tight. I'm not baking Xmas cal for GV lol

Ha not so sure on that. I'd lost all hope this past few weeks and let most of my training go so it will be tight. I'm not baking Xmas cal for GV lol

Lol it will work out!
    I'm still amazed that my vetting cleared a month ago+it's not on the psni system yet??..the lady in HR I spoke to said it was outstanding and that was just this week!!!
    This process certainly isn't straightforward

Lol it will work out!
    I'm still amazed that my vetting cleared a month ago+it's not on the psni system yet??..the lady in HR I spoke to said it was outstanding and that was just this week!!!
    This process certainly isn't straightforward

Mine passed 28th august!!!! I still hadn't heard anything. They said if it cleared by 14th I'd have been eligible for September calls and wouldn't needed to repeat PCA. Bit raging but ah well. I'm down but not out lol!! Can you hear the rocky tune kicking in lmao

Mine passed 28th august!!!! I still hadn't heard anything. They said if it cleared by 14th I'd have been eligible for September calls and wouldn't needed to repeat PCA. Bit raging but ah well. I'm down but not out lol!! Can you hear the rocky tune kicking in lmao

Mine passed that day as well!..this whole thing is torture!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭cmore123

I've a few penalty points.... could ye cancel them? There's a pint in it......

Still don't get how it takes that long for vetting to inform psni it's cleared!!..with all the technology it can't take 3weeks to update the psni records surely!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Add me to the wait. Online learning closed yesterday and got medical pass letter today

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Not to sound like an idiot here, but I know about the medical and vetting etc etc, but what's this smt people are mentioning?? :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Substance misuse test :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Substance misuse test :)

Aaahh that makes sense.. why thank you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 ptsb1

I hope I am not being too nosey but who did you phone to find out that your vetting had cleared but that the PSNI system had not been updated. The reason I ask is that I sent in all my Vetting stuff back in May and when I e-mailed at the start of last week I was informed my Vetting was still outstanding, with no other info. I live in the ROI and would like to find out, if possible, what is outstanding as I would not hesitate to phone An Garda Siochana Vetting in Tipperary and ask them to move it along, if the hold up was at their end. I know that traditionally there was a big hold up with the Gardaí getting back to the PSNI but I think the system is much improved since then.

Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Jesus that is NOT what I wanted to hear Ptsb1

Btw I called garda vetting before and they won't tell you anything unless you're the person listed as dealing with vetting for an organisation.

ptsb1 wrote: »
    I hope I am not being too nosey but who did you phone to find out that your vetting had cleared but that the PSNI system had not been updated. The reason I ask is that I sent in all my Vetting stuff back in May and when I e-mailed at the start of last week I was informed my Vetting was still outstanding, with no other info. I live in the ROI and would like to find out, if possible, what is outstanding as I would not hesitate to phone An Garda Siochana Vetting in Tipperary and ask them to move it along, if the hold up was at their end. I know that traditionally there was a big hold up with the Gardaí getting back to the PSNI but I think the system is much improved since then.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I've sent you a pm there!

Lol if it makes you felt any better my vetting took from 19th march to end of august lol!!!! Patience ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

RIte folks so clear this up for me please. Once the online learning closes, whats the rough time frame for the call, and for those lucky ones that have received the call how much notice do they give u for your start date? im awaiting medical and online learning just been received. Trying to work out where I stand here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    RIte folks so clear this up for me please. Once the online learning closes, whats the rough time frame for the call, and for those lucky ones that have received the call how much notice do they give u for your start date? im awaiting medical and online learning just been received. Trying to work out where I stand here :)

Can't tell u about timescales for each but im in same boat as you waiting for medical date. My best guess would be the calls from our group would be before xmas for start date in January. That's me being optimistic about it. I think there is a group ahead of us who will get start date in Dec and the Nov squad already got the call. That's if vetting goes smoothly but should be 4 or 5 months they would have had by that time. Just a guess mind u.

1PCPLOD wrote: »

My online learning was in June,then medical in July and just found out my vetting cleared end of August..
    Still waiting not so patiently on the call,fingers crossed it won't be too far away!!
    Reading it it doesn't sound too bad but I was hoping to be called July,August and September,at the time I didn't realise vetting wasn't cleared!
    I'm also waiting on AC for next campaign which is a right bit away too!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Don't know if anyone listened to the Seamus McKee show on the bbc earlier - he was interviewing the Justice Minister David Ford.

I think everyone should listen to this from about 8 mins 30 secs onwards .... :/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hkvgt

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Doesn't sound good. Hopefully just scare tactics to get more money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Yeah Tim, i heard that too. Dosent sound great to be honest.

But then again it would be an awful waste of money putting us all through and then no jobs at the end of it.

Just hope aul David finds a few pound somewhere!!!! Lol

Advertisement