Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Beyond devastated to think this could happen, i thought the funding was secured and set aside for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

That link isn't working for me can someone post another please?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Rj408 wrote: »
    That link isn't working for me can someone post another please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hkvgt

The link still works, can't get the interview anywhere else.

Its not worth listening to, unless of course you want to be driven mental.

Got it thanks, searched the website and found it. My god. Entire recruitment stopped? How can they do this, surely leaking 200 officers a year at 7,000 for the entire pop of 1.85million is already pushed to the limit. If they stop recruitment we will not be capable of policing our own streets..... This is serious. Sinn Fein and the DUP need a good kick up the backside, time to put tribal politics behind us and focus on the people of Northern Ireland not just you lot and us lot mentality!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Does make for worrying listening, but my understanding is that Ford is referring to the potential worst case scenarios. On the other hand, in response to the speculation of having to stop or reduce recruitment, the Chief Con said that'd be 'absolute last option'

Let's see what the news is today from Stormont.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

They had better not stop recruitment -.-

Am I getting it right that Sinn Fein are opposed to cuts and DUP want them? All part of this welfare reform? I'm not 100% sure so don't be quoting me on that. Haven't read up on the subject yet :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭crinkley

They had better not stop recruitment -.-

Am I getting it right that Sinn Fein are opposed to cuts and DUP want them? All part of this welfare reform? I'm not 100% sure so don't be quoting me on that. Haven't read up on the subject yet :-\

SF and sdlp are blocking the cuts to welfare, so the penalties have to be paid by a cut to all other departments except health and education at the moment. Currently it's 4% but if health and education remain ring fenced it will increase to 6%

• Registered Users Posts: 10 AlphaBravo6

Ah right.. so what's the hold up and the talk of a penalty being given to stormont? :-\

Edit: sorry I misread that :-\ lol. So because of sf and sdlp we are getting a cut in police funding?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭0O0

Ah right.. so what's the hold up and the talk of a penalty being given to stormont? :-\

Edit: sorry I misread that :-\ lol. So because of sf and sdlp we are getting a cut in police funding?

No, because none of the parties can agree on an acceptable solution.

Sinn Fein & SDLP are rightly hesitant in introducing further hardships to the already hardest hit. The sheer amount of families (working and not) relying on handouts of FOOD in England & Wales is staggering.

Further negotiating with Westminster is needed cause the Tories have already failed millions across the pond.

• Advertisement

Parties need to stop playing tribal games in this country its a joke and people are fed up with the constant stale mates with unionist and republican politicians. I agree in a sense that one should not hit the hardest hit, however we cannot just keep cutting the budgets everywhere else to protect those on benefits, N Ireland has a staggering amount of people on the DLA and various other benefits, some people work the system and I know this for a fact.

The whole welfare reform has not worked, no doubt about that but why should the ability to police our streets and keep our communities safe be crippled because the parties cannot sit and have a conversation and come up with a solution.

Parties need to stop playing tribal games in this country its a joke and people are fed up with the constant stale mates with unionist and republican politicians. I agree in a sense that one should not hit the hardest hit, however we cannot just keep cutting the budgets everywhere else to protect those on benefits, N Ireland has a staggering amount of people on the DLA and various other benefits, some people work the system and I know this for a fact.

The whole welfare reform has not worked, no doubt about that but why should the ability to police our streets and keep our communities safe be crippled because the parties cannot sit and have a conversation and come up with a solution.

Without having this thread descend into a welfare reform debate :) I agree that politicians need to get a move on as it's appalling the lack of leadership & direction being shown - buuuuut & a very big but, plus no offence to the usual Daily Mail reader, those people on benefits include people who've been made redundant, pensioners, foster carers, the mentally ill and people just like YOU.

As with everything, people chance their arm but google benefit fraud cost & you'll be shocked at what it actually is in comparison to what you're being misled to believing. Citizens Advice Scotland have a nice pie chart but I can't post links :(

0O0 wrote: »
    Without having this thread descend into a welfare reform debate :) I agree that politicians need to get a move on as it's appalling the lack of leadership & direction being shown - buuuuut & a very big but, plus no offence to the usual Daily Mail reader, those people on benefits include people who've been made redundant, pensioners, foster carers, the mentally ill and people just like YOU.

As with everything, people chance their arm but google benefit fraud cost & you'll be shocked at what it actually is in comparison to what you're being misled to believing. Citizens Advice Scotland have a nice pie chart but I can't post links :(

Yeah I agree, just saying there are a lot of people here who take the piss out of the system especially in Northern Ireland.
    People just like me? You don't know me or my personal circumstances so, can hardly assume I am on benefits or make a statement implying that haha....

I also know these people also include the working poor, kept down by the establishment who suck every penny out of the economy.

I am pro benefits for those who need them, and know that tax avoidance by multi national companies is far far far more costly to the economy than 1billion a year benefit fraud(which is mostly mis payments).

Don't read the daily mail at all either, just saying my two cents on the tribal politics keeping N Ireland in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I think the "people like you" bit was possibly meant as in a human living in this mental little country trying to get along and make their lives better by applying for the job. I don't think they're assuming you are on benefits not that there's anything wrong with that lol. It's hard when dealing with this kind of subject to take a written sentence in the correct context that it was meant. Several people could read the same sentence and have totally different opinions on how it was meant. It's why I hate texts. I'd rather speak to someone then it's much clearer lol.

And for what it's worth I reckon the politicians wages should be slashed and have them work for an average salary that their constituents earn. Wonder if that would help lol

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brunoboy

This would hardly warm the cockles of anyones heart!!!

Yeah I agree, just saying there are a lot of people here who take the piss out of the system especially in Northern Ireland.
    People just like me? You don't know me or my personal circumstances so, can hardly assume I am on benefits or make a statement implying that haha....

I also know these people also include the working poor, kept down by the establishment who suck every penny out of the economy.

I am pro benefits for those who need them, and know that tax avoidance by multi national companies is far far far more costly to the economy than 1billion a year benefit fraud(which is mostly mis payments).

Don't read the daily mail at all either, just saying my two cents on the tribal politics keeping N Ireland in the past.

I apologise if you took that wrong, I meant a normal everyday person getting on with life! It can be easy to demonise those who you disassociate yourself with, which seems to be the case with benefits. Of course helped in part by the portrayal in the media of scroungers etc. but the facts speak for themselves.

It's businesses that cause the greatest damage to the economy, it's zero hour contracts, tax avoidance & not paying the living wage = less money being spent/fewer jobs providing service.

Another interesting thing I read was that the Government underpays benefits by £1.3 Billion :O while benefit fraud is **less** than that at £1.2 Billion. Less money to live on creates the potential for criminal activity to increase too, as people desperately need food,electric, heating etc. may resort to any means to get more money.

Claw some of the real fraud cost at £70 BILLION back & don't bother taking the food out of people's mouths.

0O0 wrote: »
    I apologise if you took that wrong, I meant a normal everyday person getting on with life! It can be easy to demonise those who you disassociate yourself with, which seems to be the case with benefits. Of course helped in part by the portrayal in the media of scroungers etc. but the facts speak for themselves.

It's businesses that cause the greatest damage to the economy, it's zero hour contracts, tax avoidance & not paying the living wage = less money being spent/fewer jobs providing service.

Another interesting thing I read was that the Government underpays benefits by £1.3 Billion :O while benefit fraud is **less** than that at £1.2 Billion. Less money to live on creates the potential for criminal activity to increase too, as people desperately need food,electric, heating etc. may resort to any means to get more money.

Claw some of the real fraud cost at £70 BILLION back & don't bother taking the food out of people's mouths.

Couldn't agree more with that! Its hard to come across the way you want to with text at times, the message can get lost in misinterpretation! Yes the working poor have been turned on the actual poor to fight among them selves while the establishment laugh and stuff their faces with more money than they can use, meanwhile normal working people are screwed. Agree with zero hour contracts and temp workers etc employers market these days after the 'crash' people are treated like dogs.

However still needs addressed and it would make me sick if the recruitment drive stops because of the inability of our politicians to actually do anything meaningful for once.... 90/200 million in cuts are from fines imposed by Westminster I mean that is just staggering....

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭crinkley

Just for a little balance, corporations contribute 29% of the overall tax bill, this does not include the figure they pay for the employers contribution of national insurance and their ability to provide people with jobs, so don't let the daily mail make you believe that they pay nothing what so ever. No point in targeting them alone, otherwise they'd just move operations out of UK and we'd all be worse off. Everyone has to share the hit and I don't see why people on benefits should be exempt, especially those who have never contributed.

That however doesn't help with the SF base line vote and so we must all suffer to a greater degree, just hope they cop on soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 loggingfolk

Hello guys....., this is now my topic for the next while. "4.5 the wait". Feels good getting this far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭oztop1234

Hello guys....., this is now my topic for the next while. "4.5 the wait". Feels good getting this far.

Well done. Saw your post on the medical thread. I'm sure it was a nervous wait. Now in the waiting zone. Good job

Congrats!! Welcome to limbo!!

whos all passed everything and is waiting now for next call? and whats r ye scores?

71 but not getting a call. Vetting took so long my PCA expired. Have to redo it next month. I'll be lucky to get a call jan

Me....65

oztop1234 wrote: »
    Me....65

Oh I had no idea! :rolleyes:

Tim89 wrote: »
    Oh I had no idea! :rolleyes:

Only put that up because you only had one reply. Felt bad for you ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Amokach1

Passed all, 66

When you say all, i imagine you mean everything including vetting, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Brunoboy

Tim89 wrote: »
    whos all passed everything and is waiting now for next call? and whats r ye scores?

Me!
    But depending on when PAC runs out..if it's measured to when phone calls go out I should be ok but if it's measured to actual start dates then I'll have to do mine again..hoping it's the first and I'm lucky enough to get call for the next round

Got 69 at ac

Advertisement