Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

StanSmith wrote: »
    I completed my PCA in August, AC score is 64, still watching my phone waiting. Anyone a rough idea when the induction weekend would be?

Someone mentioned a date in December on here few days ago. I would look back at the posts because just caught myself about to post the date

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Just done a bit of surfing the archives of the boards there. I was asking for PCA dates for the 65/64 for a reason. NOT ONE OF YOU REPLIED!! THANKS :-( Anyway there was no more than around 20 at my AM session and someone posted that there was only 8 at one of the other sessions on the same day. I am guessing that most of the people doing PCA that day were on 64/63 AC score. I can see that some of the 65 AC score who did PCA in August are already called up for intake 7. Anyway to cut to the chase; if there is a squad of 40 then taking into account PCA fail, Medical fail and vetting issues then there might well be space for a few 63s. Of course this is what I choose to believe anyway. If you had PCA in August and are still waiting for a call then please post on here?

I got 65 and did my pca 7th august

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Arsenal123

I did my pca in August as well! Scored 65 at AC can't stop looking at my phone this week haha

Ah well a few more of you lot than I thought plus prob another heap non boardies. Well sure unless there is a prob it will be the 65/ 64 from August then filled up with September if needed. Looks like a few more months of anxious waiting for me then. Just hope they find the money for at least one more after Jan!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Hang in Dr Watson, enjoy Christmas. Our time will come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

Just done a bit of surfing the archives of the boards there. I was asking for PCA dates for the 65/64 for a reason. NOT ONE OF YOU REPLIED!! THANKS :-( Anyway there was no more than around 20 at my AM session and someone posted that there was only 8 at one of the other sessions on the same day. I am guessing that most of the people doing PCA that day were on 64/63 AC score. I can see that some of the 65 AC score who did PCA in August are already called up for intake 7. Anyway to cut to the chase; if there is a squad of 40 then taking into account PCA fail, Medical fail and vetting issues then there might well be space for a few 63s. Of course this is what I choose to believe anyway. If you had PCA in August and are still waiting for a call then please post on here?

Yep - passed PCA in August & 65 at AC. Hoping the guys are right with the details of the January squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

The medical dates and times would give ye an idea of the merit list too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Arsenal123

Reckon te next calls (if they come) will be 65?

Arsenal123 wrote: »
    Reckon te next calls (if they come) will be 65?

Pretty much

The last intake was made up of 66 and some 65

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

I had PCA on 11th Sept and medical on 21st Oct, pretty sure I've another wee while to wait!

Good luck to those in a better position, I reckon calls will be next week!

• Advertisement

weewheels wrote: »
    I had PCA on 11th Sept and medical on 21st Oct, pretty sure I've another wee while to wait!

Good luck to those in a better position, I reckon calls will be next week!

DID YOU GET THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR HEARING SORTED!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

DID YOU GET THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR HEARING SORTED!

I did indeed! 😊😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Don't forget about people who are re-taking the PCA due to the 6 month expiry. Were sitting on 70+ AC so they'll be on the merit list along with you guys. I've heard there's about a dozen or so in that boat. We used to think calls went out over 2 days but the last couple of intakes there were people getting calls over the 3 days.

Good luck

Mop a top wrote: »
    Don't forget about people who are re-taking the PCA due to the 6 month expiry. Were sitting on 70+ AC so they'll be on the merit list along with you guys. I've heard there's about a dozen or so in that boat. We used to think calls went out over 2 days but the last couple of intakes there were people getting calls over the 3 days.

Good luck

Good point

Wonder when their pcas are scheduled for

Need about a months notice for training I'd imagine

pb82 wrote: »
    Good point

Wonder when their pcas are scheduled for

Need about a months notice for training I'd imagine

I was to do the retake in this batch of PCA's but I'm taking a medical deferral until the new year. I've had about 6 weeks notice

I was to do the retake in this batch of PCA's but I'm taking a medical deferral until the new year. I've had about 6 weeks notice

Shame u had to defer

Suppose it's a risk either way, defer and intake possibly stopped

Risk doing the pca when not ready for it and definitely out of the process

Probably the wise move

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Hello everyone,long time lurker here.

I am in the same boat as Mop and will have to redo my PCA in January.

In case anyone is interested,Ive been told that the Medical and Vetting also have 6 month shelflives but a letter is sent out for applicants to declare any changes in their circumstances and we do not have to redo these stages.

Mop,when you deferred this PCA did they give you another date on the spot or are you waiting for confirmation of this new PCA date?

I did my PCA in April and medical in May. They've expired now and I've been told I'd have to redo them both. How come you've been told about a change of circumstance and not having to redo them?? I was told by the head of physical dept at the familiarisation that this was the last batch of PCA's and that a medical defer would "probably be scheduled for jan/feb" I haven't been given a date

I did my PCA in April and medical in May. They've expired now and I've been told I'd have to redo them both. How come you've been told about a change of circumstance and not having to redo them?? I was told by the head of physical dept at the familiarisation that this was the last batch of PCA's and that a medical defer would "probably be scheduled for jan/feb" I haven't been given a date

Thanks for the quick reply,Mop

HR have advised me that a change of circumstance letter is for Vetting and Medical after 6 months.I had to push for this info,I don't think I have enough posts to PM you and explain the circumstances.

If you did your Medical in May Id imagine youll be receiving the change of circumstances letter in the next week or two.

I am very concerned about the timescales involved and when the squads are called in January hence my enquiry as to the PCA date around that time.

Oh and I have been following your case closely Mop.Not in a stalkerishly weird way :v but if anyone deserves it you do!Chin up girl!

By the way,I think you made the right decision deferring.Better to stay in the game than risk hibbling round that course and failing,possibly doing more damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

First time poster in this thread...

Just passed PCA and have low AC score of 61,

I know this could be impossible for anyone to answer but what the chances of us low scores AC getting a place?

DaveNi wrote: »

I know this could be impossible for anyone to answer but what the chances of us low scores AC getting a place?

Impossible to tell I'm afraid

As previously mentioned the intake is being decided on a squad by squad basis due to the budget cuts

January has been confirmed at 40

The next squads may be full strength, may be 20 per squad or may not happen at all

Fingers crossed everyone gets in from campaign 1 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

DaveNi wrote: »

How long ago roughly did you do your PCA?? Have you done medical or online learning yet??

I also have an AC score of 61, but have everything else done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Hi all!

I see the calls are going out for the next intake! I wish it was me so badly!!

Anyway, I was just wondering, how can we tell if our vetting has cleared? I sent mine off in August, and have not heard anything since? Is there somewhere you contact, or do they let you know if you have passed?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Hi all!

I see the calls are going out for the next intake! I wish it was me so badly!!

Anyway, I was just wondering, how can we tell if our vetting has cleared? I sent mine off in August, and have not heard anything since? Is there somewhere you contact, or do they let you know if you have passed?

Thanks!

I just emailed vetting today and they got back saying my vetting cleared almost a month ago, would be worth giving an email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Cromlech wrote: »
    I just emailed vetting today and they got back saying my vetting cleared almost a month ago, would be worth giving an email.

I don't suppose you could private mail me the address to contact?

Lol mine took from march to august to clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

Calls have started - got mine 30 mins ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

I done fitness in August, medical in October and got 64! Haven't heard a thing since :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mrpickle

I'm in the exact same boat. Fingers crossed for a call on Monday

Advertisement