Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

weewheels wrote: »
    Me too, good luck with whatever happens, only time will tell.

Thanks, goodluck to you too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Cromlech wrote: »
    I'm on 62 and a bit worried that even if there is another squad in Jan that I won't be part of it. Hoping all the 64's have went through and that there aren't that many 63's and 62's and that they would combine to make a squad.
    Hi, I've posted publicly once or twice before and pm'd some of you privately.

I've had a look at the original email results from the AC.
    It states that anyone with a score of xx.5 will be rounded up to the nearest whole number.
    I got 62.4 so just missed out on being rounded up to 63.
    In effect it means that anyone with a score of 64, will have actually received a score of anything from 63.5 to 64.4. And anyone with a score of 63 will have received anything from 62.5 to 63.4. etc...

Hopefully you would have all kept the original AC results email.
    Check it and hopefully you'll be at the upper end for of your mark, I'd guess (and hope), that they'd be going down this systematically and those with the higher grade, (even if it is just by 0.1, will be drafted first)

It's put my mind at ease a little. Hopefully it does the same for you guys.
    Best of luck to eveyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

It states that anyone with a score of xx.5 will be rounded up to the nearest whole number.
    In effect it means that anyone with a score of 64, will have actually received a score of anything from 63.5 to 64.4. And anyone with a score of 63 will have received anything from 62.5 to 63.4. etc...

Check it and hopefully you'll be at the upper end for of your mark, I'd guess (and hope), that they'd be going down this systematically and those with the higher grade, (even if it is just by 0.1, will be drafted first)

Best of luck to eveyone!

Deloitte round the scores up and these are the scores which are then passed onto recruitment.

pb82 wrote: »
    Deloitte round the scores up and these are the scores which are then passed onto recruitment.

Logical thinking PB82, (congrats on getting the call btw).
    That has swiftly made my analysis useless then.

Can anyone else confirm this either way?
    Rounded scores alone or would they send the full breakdown of results?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Forget about rounding up scores. The recruitment is being done in phased batches. You will know where you are by date and time of each PCA / medical. I know some of them in the last batch of calls did PCA in August so next would be any of them left over and moving on to PCA in September to fill up the numbers. I know there was 64 and 63 at the first session in September because I was at it and chatted to people. If there is still space then it moves to the next PCA group. I would imagine that next calls will be 64 & 63 assuming there is any more calls.

• Advertisement

coka67 wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking what score did you get in the Test at the start? The one out of 75?I'm on 64 too just don't know how they determine who gets in first:)

Hi Coka,

Did you ever get a call?
    I see that you're on a 64 AC score and i'm trying to figure out whether there are anymore 64s out there to be called or whether we're on to the 63s now.

Goodluck!

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Forget about rounding up scores. The recruitment is being done in phased batches. You will know where you are by date and time of each PCA / medical. I know some of them in the last batch of calls did PCA in August so next would be any of them left over and moving on to PCA in September to fill up the numbers. I know there was 64 and 63 at the first session in September because I was at it and chatted to people. If there is still space then it moves to the next PCA group. I would imagine that next calls will be 64 & 63 assuming there is any more calls.

I had my original PCA date for the beginning of October. Due to pre-booked holidays I had it deferred until mid-late November. Thats passed but i've contacted vetting and still haven't been cleared. I'm also waiting to be called for medical; and hope to be included in the next online learning batch (rumored to be December 5th). If everything passes and with very wishful thinking I might be called in for the Jan batch. (62 AC score). We'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 PCDiddley

So was talking to someone yesterday in the job, and they said through word of mouth they are planning 11 intakes to fill all positions, possibly a 12th intake if they have to make the numbers up!!

Again, id take it with a pinch of salt as anything could happen, BUT its from a pretty reliable source!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

Here, good rumours are hard to come by at the minute so at least it gives us a little glimmer of optimism haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Good news for 2014 campaign maybe??

Northern Ireland should receive about £41m in additional public spending next year.

'Treasury sources say this will be Stormont's share of the extra £2bn the chancellor will allocate to the UK health service.

George Osborne will use his Autumn Statement on Wednesday to announce the extra health funding.

Increased spending on health in England means an automatic increase in funding for Northern Ireland.

The change is due to the operation of the Barnett Formula, which will allocate about £33m to NI.

The other money is a share of the fines which have been taken from banks for manipulating the foreign exchange market.

The Executive is not obliged to spend the extra money on health.'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Morning all!

I was just thinking this morning, and I know many of you will be much more familiar with the pattern of how these things work, so I thought I would ask!

If the stars align, and there is another round of calls, do you have any idea of when those may go out for the intakes following this January one?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

I reckon week commencing 5th January.
    Morning all!

I was just thinking this morning, and I know many of you will be much more familiar with the pattern of how these things work, so I thought I would ask!

If the stars align, and there is another round of calls, do you have any idea of when those may go out for the intakes following this January one?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

I would agree with that,would be amazing if they went out before Christmas but there's no chance of that happening

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Anyone.crazy enough to ask CC about recruitment stopping via twitter? He is having a Q&A at the minute....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Just seen someone asked him about the second recruitment drive and he said he expected it to start in may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Pretty good news by sounds of it (touch wood):

QNVmvVP.png

"There or there abouts" he says for the 1st campaign. Is it 368, I thought it was 378?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Not my tweet, so I guess it's a typo just. Always been announced as 378 appointments anyway.

Just checking so they don't try to rewrite history. That looks like he's done for the night. Asked a few Qs and nothing back :(
    Thanks to DaveNI for giving the headsup anyway, it was good.
    Speak to you lot later.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

He didnt really give much away in any of his answers, supose its hard to in 140 characters.

Hopefully the answer requarding our recruitment is true, good luck to all with medical coming up soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

monty46 wrote: »
    Just seen someone asked him about the second recruitment drive and he said he expected it to start in may

I read that differently. The second campaign (1405) is due to start training in May.

The third campaign was supposed to be January but that is now on hold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Hi Coka,

Did you ever get a call?
    I see that you're on a 64 AC score and i'm trying to figure out whether there are anymore 64s out there to be called or whether we're on to the 63s now.

Goodluck!

Hiya! Nope no call! I must be the only 64 left!

coka67 wrote: »
    Hiya! Nope no call! I must be the only 64 left!

Don't worry you're not the only one. There are a whole batch of 64 that did the PCA in AM session of September's PCA. About 15 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Don't worry you're not the only one. There are a whole batch of 64 that did the PCA in AM session of September's PCA. About 15 or so.

Can I just check,if I remember correctly you did am session in September and scored 63. Do you then mean there were about 15 people there in total,or about 15 on 64 plus some 63s?

Can I just check,if I remember correctly you did am session in September and scored 63. Do you then mean there were about 15 people there in total,or about 15 on 64 plus some 63s?

There was about 20 at the session and the 15 is just a guess based on the few people that I spoke to. There was actually 2 different PCA sessions in August which were close together so I am guessing that there was a lot of people with 64 score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Rj408

Best of luck to eveyone!

I agree with what you are saying, it would be interesting to know if those that remain on the 64 (coka67 and any others?) would we be right in saying they are on the 64s, but perhaps the lower 64s that those who got in??

Would any of the other 64s who got in, such as stansmith, MrPickle, gvillehopful minty11 nr14 possibly be able to tell us the precise score that they got at the AC? This would allow those that do remain to form some sort of boards merit list, if you know what I mean?

Simple merit list check: (The following assumes you passes each subsequent stage without issue) If you had a PCA on the Monday in August and are still waiting then you will get a call next time round for sure. If you did PCA in first AM session in September then depending on intake size you will most likely get a call. Thenif you were on the early afternoon session in September you might still get a call as you will be on 63 or less. Then there are the people from the final session in September who could still get a call depending on size. Then it moves to the AM group of the next PCA date which I think was October ( not sure about that). So really the decimal points are not important; it's the time date of the PCA!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Hopefully you are right, I was fourth to do it on the morning session in September.

Batman91 wrote: »
    Hopefully you are right, I was fourth to do it on the morning session in September.[/QUOTE

Well that is just down to where you came alphabetically. They recruited some who were at the afternoon session in August (nr14 at least) so given that there seems to be around 20 or so at each session then it seems logical that there will be people from the September AM session next. Obviously I wasn't at the August one so I can only guess that numbers have been consistent throughout. I was at the AM September as well. I didn't count but I would have put a rough number of 20 there from when we were all standing about waiting. Would you agree? You would have been in the first group to get their results and leave while I was still waiting so you might have an idea of pass / fail numbers. I was in the final group of 8 and only 5 of us passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Yeah I would say there was about 20, give or take. Hard to say how many passed or failed but I think at least two people failed judging from the look of their faces.

Advertisement