Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

pb82 wrote: »

Was just looking at this, it doesn't look good for future squads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I took it a little more positively than that. To my knowledge, they were expecting cuts of 10-15%, so a cut of 8% is a better outcome than anticipated; albeit still pretty dire.

Sthm wrote: »
    I took it a little more positively than that. To my knowledge, they were expecting cuts of 10-15%, so a cut of 8% is a better outcome than anticipated; albeit still pretty dire.

There's always an upside and downside, I've just been pretty pessimistic in recent weeks with all the talk of budget cuts and reduced/slower recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

I don't suppose anyone would be kind enough to message me the email address for vetting? It's time I bit the bullet and see where I stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Bearington

All sorted cheers! Here's hoping I don't get a nasty shock!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Just had a look at CC monthly report

He states than Jan 2015 will have 40 students but calls it intake 11?

Is it not only intake 8?!

Also confirmed than recruitment 2 will only be 100 rather than 370 as advertised.

DaveNi wrote: »

Also confirmed than recruitment 2 will only be 100 rather than 370 as advertised.

Could it be those who are due to recieve the phone call in Jan? The wording isn't quite clear.

Could be a typo or they are intending on having 11 intakes and they anticipate the last receiving the call in Jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭DesertCreat_15

Think he meant intake 8 starting in Jan will be 40, intakes after will be reviewed?

Think he meant intake 8 starting in Jan will be 40, intakes after will be reviewed?

Yeah, I was leaning more towards it being a mistake than anything else. Can always live in hope lol.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

You may think it's daft but I was thinking maybe that was his way of using roman numerals.
    i.e. by intake "11" he doesn't mean intake "eleven", but instead intake 2(II), or campaign 2.
    Anyone? No? Okay i'll be quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

You may think it's daft but I was thinking maybe that was his way of using roman numerals.
    i.e. by intake "11" he doesn't mean intake "eleven", but instead intake 2(II), or campaign 2.
    Anyone? No? Okay i'll be quiet.

The ACC also referred to it as intake 11 in a service first update

Don't know the reasoning behind it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

This may explain why someone on here (can't remember who) had said they'd heard there would be 11 or 12 intakes this campaign...it did seem unlikely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Would someone be able to link me to this CC monthly report? I've tried looking for it but I can't find it anywhere.

News I expected, but did not want to hear!! Torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

sooooo..... anyone want to hazard a guess at when the next round of calls will be... if they go ahead at all. Are we looking at after Christmas now?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Quick question, (sorry if wrong thread)

Iv passed AC with a score of 64, passed PCA on 11th August and was passed as medically fit last week (holdup was due to medical appeal)

Iv been asked to attend a vetting interview in a couple of weeks.

Will i have to redo my pca before I get a call??? Providing i pass vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

MD4PSNI wrote: »

Iv passed AC with a score of 64, passed PCA on 11th August and was passed as medically fit last week (holdup was due to medical appeal)

I think as long you're within six months you'll be ok. So before the 11th February :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Maybe this is a stupid question but if they contact us by phone what happens if we miss the call?

I work 9-5 Monday to Friday and can't answer my phone during these hours. Am I snookered?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

You'll be sent a rather bulky package in the post as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Medical pass letter this morning. :)

Online learning completed, although not closed for a couple of weeks, so maybe don't truly belong to this thread just yet, but I'll unofficially check myself in here for now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

welcome to purgatory! lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

welcome to purgatory! lol.

Lmfao now there's an accurate description if ever I seen one!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

MD4PSNI wrote: »

It might be tight tbh. You need to have started your training in GV before the PCA expires. That's what got me. Vetting took too long and my PCA would still have been in date for the sept calls (oct start) but PCA expired a couple of weeks before the October start date. If I'm thinking right you'd need to get a call this month to start in jan cos I think the start dates are towards the end of the month which would mean yours expires a couple of weeks before the feb start date. I could be totally wrong but I'd keep up the training and be careful, no silly accidents like spraining your ankle like some daft mare I know lol!!!

Good luck with the vetting interview, I hope it goes well!!!

Medical - check
    Vetting - check
    Online learing - check

Now the torment begins!!

Hopefully with stormont sorting itself out, budget cuts may not be as bad as previously stated. (if they can agree) and we can all get a spot!

Medical - check
    Vetting - check
    Online learing - check

Now the torment begins!!

Hopefully with stormont sorting itself out, budget cuts may not be as bad as previously stated. (if they can agree) and we can all get a spot!

Welcome to hell.

Cromlech wrote: »
    Welcome to hell.

Hell sounds.about right.

Have we a rough idea of numbers left to get a call?

Hell sounds.about right.

Have we a rough idea of numbers left to get a call?

No idea, I've been keeping an eye out for anymore announcements but nothing yet.

It would be good to know the number left, that have everything passed and are just waiting.

I know I'd feel a lot better knowing that if the money becomes available that I might be in with a good chance of getting a place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Also waiting on the PSNI train to arrive.

Once online learning closes it won't be too long.

*tumble weed rolls past*

• Advertisement

JtmC wrote: »
    Also waiting on the PSNI train to arrive.

Once online learning closes it won't be too long.

*tumble weed rolls past*

I finished online learning a roughly a week and a half after it opened but it didn't officially close until the end of November so it seems like I have been waiting ages when really it hasn't been all that long.

Advertisement