Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

How did you guys find the learning?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Based on someone in the know (:v ,for what its worth)earlier in the year saying that if you pass everything youre in(pre budget constraints nonsense)I would guess(bear with me)

(sorry about the phrases in brackets :) )

8 squads of around 30-40,averaging 280,which,should!!??leave around 80 places

The person in the know made the statement predicting that there would be fewer people passing everything than the 378/478 numbers quoted for 2013 intakes.

Going on that,Id guess 50-60 ready to go for the next call.The next call was scheduled for around now but I reckon itll be delayed til mid/late Jan after the last PCA sweepup.I could be completely wrong as so much of this process is up in the air!

Don't quote me on any of this and don't hold your breath!

Are there many/any 64's left?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Cromlech wrote: »
    How did you guys find the learning?

I found it quite interesting and challenging. There is a lot of information. However once you understand how it links in it all becomes a lot clearer.

Having finished the knowledge checks, still going to make a few more notes.

I have also heard intakes in mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Yea that's what we need to know.... How many 64s are left? Have people achieved decimal place scores I.e 63.5 or is it rounded up/down to 63 or 64! Surely the calls have to come first week in jan?

Any confirmation the next squad is defo going ahead given the 'squad by squad' approach taken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Yea that's what we need to know.... How many 64s are left? Have people achieved decimal place scores I.e 63.5 or is it rounded up/down to 63 or 64! Surely the calls have to come first week in jan?

Any confirmation the next squad is defo going ahead given the 'squad by squad' approach taken?

Scores are rounded up if .5 or above

Heard nothing about intakes further than January but from what I hear it is hopeful recruitment will continue but at a slower pace (squads of 20)

SLOWER.......... Over 15 months past and its to be slower..... Lol. I feel like I'mhalf way through my probation already!

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    SLOWER.......... Over 15 months past and its to be slower..... Lol. I feel like I'mhalf way through my probation already!

The waiting is a pain but hopefully our patience will pay off.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Long days in work are especially grim when you're temporary and you've no idea what's coming in the new year!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Well it's all a bit too quiet on here these days. I'm thinking calls next week for February intakes. Last chance saloon for me I reckon. Hopefully they will take another squad of 40 and I might be in with a shot. Would make a nice start to the new year!

• Advertisement

Can't wait to hear if anybody does get a call and what their AC score was!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Hopefully next calls are not the last calls,

I still think everyone who has passed medical and finished online learning is in with a pretty good shout.

That would be awesome. I'm staying very cautiously optimistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Just me thinking out loud, but I don't understand why they would keep phasing candidates through medicals (some this week) if they only planned one last squad. If this were the case, it's only logical to assume vetting enquiries and medical appointments would be stopped in effort to save dosh. This obviously hasn't happened given medicals are still ongoing and even vetting interviews.

You could argue that it makes sense to have as many candidates through medical and vetting as possible so that they have a pool to pull from should the rate of attrition be high in Hotel GV. I wouldn't think getting through all the stages is anything even vaguely resembling a guarantee of getting an offer. Especially if you got a 62 in the AC like me!

You could argue that it makes sense to have as many candidates through medical and vetting as possible so that they have a pool to pull from should the rate of attrition be high in Hotel GV. I wouldn't think getting through all the stages is anything even vaguely resembling a guarantee of getting an offer. Especially if you got a 62 in the AC like me!

If funding has become available for a full squad in both February and March and depending on how many people are left that have everything passed, those of us on 62 and below may still have a chance.

It's rubbish that they haven't published figures regarding the number of candidates at the 'wait stage' because all we have to go on is speculation about whether or not there will be room for us.

For all we know there could be too many waiting for a place or not enough to fill 2 squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Before 2010 was the merit list published so you knew where you stood?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Icarus9 wrote: »
    Before 2010 was the merit list published so you knew where you stood?

Applicants could phone up and find out their placing on the merit list.

For some reason this list is now being kept secret.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Sthm wrote: »
    Just me thinking out loud, but I don't understand why they would keep phasing candidates through medicals (some this week) if they only planned one last squad. If this were the case, it's only logical to assume vetting enquiries and medical appointments would be stopped in effort to save dosh. This obviously hasn't happened given medicals are still ongoing and even vetting interviews.

It makes sense to continue as normal through these stages as if funding was not an issue

The reality of the whole debacle is there still hasn't been a decision made on intake 9, but it would be even more frustrating for funding to be made available and have nobody with all the stages completed to make an offer to.

pb82 wrote: »
    It makes sense to continue as normal through these stages as if funding was not an issue

The reality of the whole debacle is there still hasn't been a decision made on intake 9, but it would be even more frustrating for funding to be made available and have nobody with all the stages completed to make an offer to.

Do you reckon we could be expecting info about the future intakes of campaign 1 within the next week or so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Cromlech wrote: »
    Do you reckon we could be expecting info about the future intakes of campaign 1 within the next week or so?

By the end of next week for February intake.

The whole thing is a balls. More communication would be great, but I suppose with the way the funding is they just can't offer any further clarification on anything yet.

So PCA in mid September and medical past end of October.... AC score of 63. Should I expect a call????

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Next week would be very early for February intake calls surely?

Next week would be very early for February intake calls surely?

I think they would have been due around the 21st December if it wasn't for Christmas... But I'm only going on that date being roughly 4 weeks from when intake 8 got the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

To start roughly when?

To start roughly when?

I have no idea about start dates but the time lines seem to be approximately a month apart between calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Can finally add my name here. Medical passed during the week, online learning closed today and vetting has cleared :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

monty46 wrote: »
    Can finally add my name here. Medical passed during the week, online learning closed today and vetting has cleared :)

Congrats! Great news! How were you informed that you had passed vetting? That's all I'm waiting on now. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

janedoe8 wrote: »
    Congrats! Great news! How were you informed that you had passed vetting? That's all I'm waiting on now. Thanks

Sent an email to vetting. The email should be on the letter you received with vetting forms

Advertisement