Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my vetting to clear, sent my forms in July! I'm a 63. I reckon calls will go out this week coming....

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

weewheels wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm still waiting on my vetting to clear, sent my forms in July! I'm a 63. I reckon calls will go out this week coming....

Have you called to see if theyre clear?What makes you think that about calls this week?

Have you called to see if theyre clear?What makes you think that about calls this week?I reckon the week after the sweep up PCAs

Have you called to see if theyre clear?What makes you think that about calls this week?I reckon the week after you think with the sweep up PCAs

that edit went well :)

• Advertisement

Yeah I've emailed vetting 3 times within the past 6 weeks and get the same story everytime... It is still ongoing :(

There is 2 more scheduled intakes, 1 at the end of February and 1 at the end of march, whether or not these both go ahead with the budget cuts is anyone's guess. Calls go out roughly 6 weeks before start date and there's roughly 5 weeks between intakes.

Time will tell I suppose.

Good luck!

Yeah I've emailed vetting 3 times within the past 6 weeks and get the same story everytime... It is still ongoing :(

There is 2 more scheduled intakes, 1 at the end of February and 1 at the end of march, whether or not these both go ahead with the budget cuts is anyone's guess. Calls go out roughly 6 weeks before start date and there's roughly 5 weeks between intakes.

Time will tell I suppose.

Good luck!

How do you know about the two scheduled intakes?

I figured the calls around the Dec 24th period would be delayed til around the 15th/16th Jan after the deferred Physicals.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

How do you know about the two scheduled intakes?

I figured the calls around the Dec 24th period would be delayed til around the 15th/16th Jan after the deferred Physicals.

Generally people would expect at least 4 weeks notice so that they can resign from any existing job. I would be suprised if offers don't start this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

My vetting still isn't cleared, don't think i'll get in this time

CDizzle wrote: »
    My vetting still isn't cleared, don't think i'll get in this time

I'm the same, are you a 63 too? So frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

I'm a 62 so the chances of me getting in this time were slim enough, just hope it's cleared for the group after next. I'm at a loss as to what is holding it up though.

CDizzle wrote: »
    I'm a 62 so the chances of me getting in this time were slim enough, just hope it's cleared for the group after next. I'm at a loss as to what is holding it up though.

I'm a 63 and sent my forms off in July. No idea what the hold up is. Good luck anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

I haven't even emailed about my vetting I'd rather live in a world of optimistic ignorance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Could one of you kindly send me the email for vetting via PM when you have a few minutes. See what the story is!

Thanks for the email address. Received.

Email is sent now to wait for a reply! If I get news I'll post it here and see what's happening.

Echoing others thoughts on the recruitment process. Communication has been very minimal and at times dissapointing!

Pity the police didn't provide a secure forum online for applicants to get information and for commubications.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Can someone pm me the email address please I would like to check my progress out, can't see there bring an issue though!

I'm 63 with everything finished by october so fingers crossed we hear shortly it's been a long wait for all of us on here.

Still worried that I will miss the phone call due to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

JtmC wrote: »
    Could one of you kindly send me the email for vetting via PM when you have a few minutes. See what the story is!

Please can someone pm me the email address fro vetting aswell please? Lol

I received good news. All vetting is clear. A relief to know that section is complete. I'm just waiting for the call now like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭fish2690

Are any of you guys currently playing the waiting game also in campaign 2? If so, what scores at AC are you sitting on in 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

I'm sorry to say all my eggs are in this basket. I couldn't take the heartbreak for another year and decided not to go ahead with my assessment centre when the budget news came out. I regret it now a little bit, but at the time I reasoned it out in my head. (Time off work for medicals and assessment centre in the same week also wasn't possible!) I don't know if it makes sense to anyone, but if it doesn't work out this time, I need a break from this continued waiting! Hopefully more campaigns will come up in the near future so that I don't abandon all hope altogether!!

Hopefully get in this time round and safe the worry! I hope we all get the news we want!! and soon!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

I'm sorry to say all my eggs are in this basket. I couldn't take the heartbreak for another year and decided not to go ahead with my assessment centre when the budget news came out. I regret it now a little bit, but at the time I reasoned it out in my head. (Time off work for medicals and assessment centre in the same week also wasn't possible!) I don't know if it makes sense to anyone, but if it doesn't work out this time, I need a break from this continued waiting! Hopefully more campaigns will come up in the near future so that I don't abandon all hope altogether!!

Hopefully get in this time round and safe the worry! I hope we all get the news we want!! and soon!! :)

Couldn't have said this any better I'm exactly the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Otter Man

Hey folks I'm waiting too, had my medical just before Xmas on 23rd Dec and elearning completed on 2nd Jan. Interested now in knowing if I've been vetted OK. Can someone kindly send me their email address and what I need to send to them to find out if I've been cleared?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Otter Man

Accordingly, having read the CC's report on budget cuts, you may be interested to know that the report mentions intake 11 will be in January. I thought we were on intake 9 for January... Baffled!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Otter Man wrote: »
    Accordingly, having read the CC's report on budget cuts, you may be interested to know that the report mentions intake 11 will be in January. I thought we were on intake 9 for January... Baffled!

It's actually intake 8 in january

No less confusing though

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Typo I think.... Intake 8 starting 11th January.....

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Typo I think.... Intake 8 starting 11th January.....

No it doesn't ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Oops ohh well I'll not make detective anyway!😩

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Also passed vetting, back in November. Waiting game now, though I'm a 62 in the AC so I could be waiting until the end of time and space.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

I wouldn't be surprised if another campaign was scheduled for some time this year!

• Advertisement

Psni26 wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if another campaign was scheduled for some time this year!

Really? With January's being cancelled I'd say it would be unlikely

Advertisement