Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

That was before the possibility of extra money being allocated but sure who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

Just in case anyone is confused. There was talk about the security budget being protected. This is a budget which is used to deal with the unique situation in NI compared with GB. It will not be allocated for regular policing or recruitment. If there are extra funds available then the logical solution will be to expand recruitment from Campaign 2 beyond the intial 100 up to the original planned ~400 which given the time scales for Campaign 1 will take us right up to the next financial year. I doubt any further campaigns in 2015. Only my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

So who if any on here are waiting for the call and still on ac score of 64 or are all 64s in intake 8?? Trying to get an idea if I should be hoping or expecting a call???

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    So who if any on here are waiting for the call and still on ac score of 64 or are all 64s in intake 8?? Trying to get an idea if I should be hoping or expecting a call???

I've asked a few times and nobody has replied with a 64 score, hopefully that means there aren't any left waiting.

Well if that's the case I'm a happier man! I don't think I could cope with missing the calls this time? Still no confirmation on whether they've given nod for February intake for sure yet and numbers? I contacted hr on Friday and they advised the big wigs making the decisions were on holiday but wud be back this week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭QueenP

Well if that's the case I'm a happier man! I don't think I could cope with missing the calls this time? Still no confirmation on whether they've given nod for February intake for sure yet and numbers? I contacted hr on Friday and they advised the big wigs making the decisions were on holiday but wud be back this week...

If my sources are rite I've heard there is going to be another intake in February so don't be worrying your wee heads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

I've heard a couple of times that it could be half squad intakes in February and March... but again it's only rumours.

I suppose if it's true we'll hear by next week, surely.

I'm sure hr would be happy to advise should the decision on future intakes have been made and numbers included.... This is the worst process I've been thru. Nervous wreck

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

The CC had said that they would be still be taking on the 378 or thereabouts if I remember correctly,so I suppose it just depends on the numbers they already have.

The CC had said that they would be still be taking on the 378 or thereabouts if I remember correctly,so I suppose it just depends on the numbers they already have.

Yeah he tweeted that, so if January was intake 8, 8x40=320 you would think we'll be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

I'm on 65%, but need to redo my PCA... hoping the calls dont come through until thats done.

At this rate we will all be having to resit our pca's!

At this rate we will all be having to resit our pca's!

When did you do yours? I'm lucky in a way that the merit list runs out before my PCA and medical do.

That was a little tongue in cheek but I completed PCA at beginning of September and have had No other hold ups or reason for delay... It's just the length of process

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Cromlech how do you find out when the merit list runs out?

Cromlech wrote: »
    When did you do yours? I'm lucky in a way that the merit list runs out before my PCA and medical do.

Id have thought nearly everyone is in that boat now,any remaining 64s will be in the next intake and 63 or below would be September onwards so March would still be within the 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

I'd say there are a good few having to resit the PCA here, makes sense for them to do one session for everyone.

It's been post on here and I think in the media that campaign 1 runs out in March.

This was announced by the old deputy CC back at time when statistics for applications for campaign 1 were made public.

Just thinking I haven't received any notification about my medical, which was done in October. Should I have heard? Vetting etc is all good.

• Advertisement

Owenrs wrote: »
    Just thinking I haven't received any notification about my medical, which was done in October. Should I have heard? Vetting etc is all good.

You should have been posted a letter with your result. Should maybe contact them.

Cromlech wrote: »
    You should have been posted a letter with your result. Should maybe contact them.

Maybe lost in post I shouldn't have any medical issues have been passed for other things recently .

How do I contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Anyone else checking this page about 10 times a day to see if calls have went out yet? Driving myself up the walls haha.

Batman91 wrote: »
    Anyone else checking this page about 10 times a day to see if calls have went out yet? Driving myself up the walls haha.

Yep that's me. Think I will give up for the day now and go through it all again tomorrow

Batman91 wrote: »

Yep. Even though I shouldn't be on my phone on work.

Dr_watson wrote: »
    Yep that's me. Think I will give up for the day now and go through it all again tomorrow

Snap..... So much worse when uv got a day off midweek! Heads going to explode lol

I've not been too bad yet...i will have the refresh button broken on Friday though!

I've not been too bad yet...i will have the refresh button broken on Friday though!

Is it normally a Friday?

The last lot started to go out on the Friday and I believe it's normally the end of the week anyway,I'm sure someone can correct me if that's wrong?

Edit-Just checked back and calls for intake 7 started on a Thursday

• Advertisement

The last lot started to go out on the Friday and I believe it's normally the end of the week anyway,I'm sure someone can correct me if that's wrong?

Edit-Just checked back and calls for intake 7 started on a Thursday

Okay so from Thursday I'll keep my phone on loud and just excuse myself in work, even if it's not allowed will be worth it!

Advertisement