Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Ha best not to get yourself sacked yet just in case mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

So,if no calls tomorrow,then its a cert for next week?

Nothing's ever certain in this process! But if not this week then they'd have to be next week to give people enough notice for February..

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

So,if no calls tomorrow,then its a cert for next week?

That's right. And the winning euromillions for Friday night are......

Dr_watson wrote: »

To be fair,pretty much everything in this process thus far has been entirely predictable. There were to be intakes every 5 weeks of approx 40 with a break over Christmas and that's exactly what's happened.

The vetting obviously seems to have no rhyme or reason to it but that has ever been thus,the only thing I feel that the psni could have handled better is in relation to the 6 month pca expiry. Although this is standard for all uk forces as far as I'm aware,they should've been more transparent about it.

Anyway roll on the February intake being cancelled and me looking stupid

• Advertisement

Thanks for that input regarding the next intake

Thanks for that input regarding the next intake

The point is that nobody knows. We are all in the same boat and your guess is as good as mine

The point is that nobody knows. We are all in the same boat and your guess is as good as mine

My point is that many are surmising this week,and if not then next week will be a definite.Dont mind me,Im not normally this touchy :) I have my reasons

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

My point is that many are surmising this week,and if not then next week will be a definite.Dont mind me,Im not normally this touchy :) I have my reasons

You're certainly not the only one a little tense at the minute.
    You need the patience of a saint in this process.

Thankfully vetting kindly got back to me and explained that it has cleared.
    That's everything done now; a year and a half later and a few more of us are finally at the business end of things.

I understand from previous posts that you'll be sent details in the post; so if you're lucky enough to get the call, and unlucky enough to miss it, that it'll all be confirmed in the post anyway.

If I am lucky enough to get the call it'll be impossible for me to answer it due to the nature of my work.
    Does anyone know that if you do miss the call whether there is someway you could check. i.e call the 101 number and ask for HR.
    Or is it case of tough luck and wait for the mail if you've missed it?

Good luck to everyone waiting on "the call".

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Pretty sure they leave you an answer phone message if they miss you. A few people mentioned this from earlier intakes. It won't be the case that they haven't picked up so on to the next person instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

You'll most likely need to contact HR recruitment team if you miss the call.

Although they do advise against contacting them unless absolutely neccessary and I do not know 100% if they would confirm with you at the same.

Aslong as it comes confirmed in the post then there is little to fear.

What you get sent in the post is confirmation that you have accepted the job. You won't get a job offer through the post it will be in a phone call. If you can't be reached on the phone then HR leave a voice mail asking you to contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Far to quiet on here this morning for the calls to have begun :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

1PCPLOD wrote: »
    Far to quiet on here this morning for the calls to have begun :(

I agree

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I think it's going to be squads of 20

pb82 wrote: »
    I think it's going to be squads of 20

Why ? Has Anyone had any confirmation on whether it's going ahead and numbers or are we all continuing to speculate

Why ? Has Anyone had any confirmation on whether it's going ahead and numbers or are we all continuing to speculate

Speculation but I have heard similar and it makes sense to reach that 378 mark if January was intake 8

No confirmation, just call it an educated guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

I was just wondering, say all the calls go out, and the merit list for Campaign 1 is expired or exhausted, are the unlucky few at the bottom of the list notified?

Every day that goes by chips a little more away at my optimism and morale!

If there's still around 40 spaces to hit 378,and there should be at least that given there will have been some drop outs/people not taking up their space last minute,why have two intakes of 20 rather than one of 40? Surely it's still going to cost the same.

Not saying I disagree with the speculation I really just don't know,but I am curious as to the thinking behind this

• Advertisement

If the final figure is 378 then there is more than 70 spaces left to fill

Yeah kind of imagined it could be something like that,but was looking at it from a worst case scenario point of view of 40

If there's still around 40 spaces to hit 378,and there should be at least that given there will have been some drop outs/people not taking up their space last minute,why have two intakes of 20 rather than one of 40? Surely it's still going to cost the same.

Not saying I disagree with the speculation I really just don't know,but I am curious as to the thinking behind this

The reduction of the intake is a more long term strategy imo

I disagree I think it will remain two batches of 40ish and with drop outs really etc this will equate to ideal numbers. They have also been clear campaign one to close at end of financial year and by going with squads of 20 for 1309 campaign this would drag it long beyond that to get the desired numbers. I do however invisage squads of 20 for 1405 recruitment campaign and with 100 jobs available this would make more sense of 5 groups of 20.

Again I reiterate there is more chance of me riding a unicorn into garnerville than correctly second guessing this process.

I disagree I think it will remain two batches of 40ish and with drop outs really etc this will equate to ideal numbers. They have also been clear campaign one to close at end of financial year and by going with squads of 20 for 1309 campaign this would drag it long beyond that to get the desired numbers. I do however invisage squads of 20 for 1405 recruitment campaign and with 100 jobs available this would make more sense of 5 groups of 20.

Again I reiterate there is more chance of me riding a unicorn into garnerville than correctly second guessing this process.

I was thinking along the same lines and that it's more likely to come into effect for 1405 but yeah...I'll saddle up my dragon and cruise in alongside you and your unicorn!

I think we've just got to stay positive I've a strong feeling that we'll know by the end of next week... means nothing I know but I'm not giving up hope just yet haha.

I'll be sure to post if I get a call.

Don't know if I can handle another week like this. A friend of mine did say that there will be another intake in February but numbers hadn't been finalised so at least that is something. Oh the agony...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Don't know if I can handle another week like this. A friend of mine did say that there will be another intake in February but numbers hadn't been finalised so at least that is something. Oh the agony...

There is always tomorrow, but who knows, we could be waiting another week or until the end of the month before any calls go out.

Cromlech wrote: »
    There is always tomorrow, but who knows, we could be waiting another week or until the end of the month before any calls go out.

For February start and minimum of 4 weeks notice we will know before the end of the month. Just hoping calls tomorrow and clear up on Monday for people that don't get to the phone on time (very wishful thinking)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Cannot be bothered with work at the minute. Finding it hard to grit my teeth and smile whilst waiting.

Nothing can be done though.
    As Cromlech said there is always tommorrow or we need to learn to become buddhist like with our patience

Advertisement