Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Dr_watson wrote: »
    For February start and minimum of 4 weeks notice we will know before the end of the month. Just hoping calls tomorrow and clear up on Monday for people that don't get to the phone on time (very wishful thinking)

Hopefully, I think we have all been very patient up to now.

I really hope you are right it seems like the sensible option.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-30731863

I hope this doesn't hold things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

For February start and minimum of 4 weeks notice we will know before the end of the month. Just hoping calls tomorrow and clear up on Monday for people that don't get to the phone on time (very wishful thinking)

Don't forget u have time before your induction then 4 weeks between induction and starting to complete elearning

Think it was 4 maybe 5 weeks from the call to my induction

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

It is extremely difficult going into work everyday with this looming. But on the flip side of things it's nice to actually be in the mix finally,rather than watching these boards everyday as the calls go out to all those above you

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

It is extremely difficult going into work everyday with this looming. But on the flip side of things it's nice to actually be in the mix finally,rather than watching these boards everyday as the calls go out to all those above you

You in the first session PCA in September?

• Advertisement

You in the first session PCA in September?

Nah second,which is why I'm clinging to the hope that it's an intake of 40 because it'd definitely be a push for me to squeeze into if it's 20

Even at 40 it could be tight but given the lack of 64s there seem to be on here I'd be quietly optimistic

Nah second,which is why I'm clinging to the hope that it's an intake of 40 because it'd definitely be a push for me to squeeze into if it's 20

Even at 40 it could be tight but given the lack of 64s there seem to be on here I'd be quietly optimistic

Well numbers at first session were around 20 but counting fails and problems at next stages I would say u have a good chance. Just no idea how many people from August PCA are still waiting.

Yeah exactly what I've been thinking,though I'm nearly more concerned about deferrals,or those whose vetting has been held up for previous intakes more than the August pca group. But ah well...all should be clear by the end of next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Anyone else get an email about expired medicals today?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Mop a top wrote: »
    Anyone else get an email about expired medicals today?

You've been through the ringer from what I've read.
    Only did mine recently.
    Have they given you another date?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Lol no medical date. Need to pass this PCA again first :(

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol no medical date. Need to pass this PCA again first :(

That's awful :(

Hopefully there isn't as long a turn around as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

As some may know if you read my earlier post I hadn't received any word on my medical from October. Today I contact occupational health and was informed that I had indeed passed and they would post a copy letter asap. Before hanging up however they said 'don't be concerned if you get word from recruitment before this letter reaches you'.

Take from it what you will but that sounds promising to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hugo7

Hi, I am just new to this thread. I got a confirmation email on the 16th December to say I had passed the Assessment Centre. Can anyone give me any idea when I should be called for the medical etc.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Batman91

Just out of interest, what kind of notice is given from when you get the call to the induction weekend?

Batman91 wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what kind of notice is given from when you get the call to the induction weekend?

It was 4 or 5 weeks for intake 8

Can't remember exactly

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

My eyes are fixed to this phone, just willing it to ring.

Too quiet on here though doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

Anyone a rough head count of people from the boards awaiting the call

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

I'm impatiently awaiting the call and loosing hope everyday!!

monty46 wrote: »
    Anyone a rough head count of people from the boards awaiting the call

I'm also waiting although I'm not hopeful about getting a call in the next batch, with any remaining 64's and then all the 63's to get through.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for some news after HR get their lunch

Is anyone waiting still on 64?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DB89

Not unless they have had some issue with vetting/expired PCA etc I would imagine.

rekker wrote: »
    Is anyone waiting still on 64?!

I haven't seen any post, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

No me neither so I'm hopefully 63 and 62 will be next .

rekker wrote: »
    No me neither so I'm hopefully 63 and 62 will be next .

Hope so, I'm on 62 and really don't think I can wait any longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

I think a call to HR to see whats going on would put our mind at rest:

Has anyone called for 1. confirmation on numbers for this intake and that its defo been agreed to go ahead and 2. Should we be expecting calls this week, next week or week after that.

I tried last friday and they had not made a decision on feb intakes and were awaiting a decision; then calls would follow they advised. Any volunteers to call them? I'm at work :(

I doubt they'd tell you very much to be honest. As everything is so changeable they'll tow the party line of you'll hear when we know rather than making promises they may not be able to keep

Anyone phones I'd be interested to hear the outcome.Unfortunately I'm in work for the foreseeable!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Don't ask; Don't get. Worth a try if anyone has the time

Advertisement