Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

Seeing as most of us are in work has anyone got an email address?

Rumours in work this morning that phones may be banned completely and not brought to the workplace... just what I need, great timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Owenrs wrote: »
    Seeing as most of us are in work has anyone got an email address?

Rumours in work this morning that phones may be banned completely and not brought to the workplace... just what I need, great timing!

You working in North Korea? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

At this minute in time that probably wouldn't be the worst thing,nearly suffer from a heart attack everytime my phone vibrates

Not looking good for calls today

Relax, enjoy the weekend and fingers crossed they happen next week

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robocop12

Long time reader first time poster here...... Currently sitting on 60 with everything passed and online learning completed.

Just spoke with recruitment and they confirmed to me on the phone that feburary intake had been confirmed and will be full squad (just confirmed today), they have a few checks to do then calls will be starting, so all being well this afternoon and Monday!

Hope this helps everyone!

• Advertisement

robocop12 wrote: »
    Long time reader first time poster here...... Currently sitting on 60 with everything passed and online learning completed.

Just spoke with recruitment and they confirmed to me on the phone that feburary intake had been confirmed and will be full squad (just confirmed today), they have a few checks to do then calls will be starting, so all being well this afternoon and Monday!

Cheers mate. They might get a start made today,think the first I saw on here about calls going out for intake 8 was late afternoon.

But having said that I don't personally expect anything til Monday if at all

Legend! Thank you!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Not sure if could still be considered medically fit after this week, think i'm in line for a heart attack.

Thanks very much for checking.
    Great news!

Brilliant news

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

You are going to be owed about 40 pints by Monday afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

Cromlech wrote: »
    You are going to be owed about 40 pints by Monday afternoon.

Best news I've heard thankyou .Heres hoping for a lot of happy boardies later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

You're a star.

Not sure I'll slip into this February squad but good luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Sthm wrote: »
    You're a star.

Not sure I'll slip into this February squad but good luck to everyone.

Im thinking the same... Have heard a few rumors from sources that intake 10 is going ahead too. Cant name them or say how i got the info, but seems certain.

Hopefully be in the call batch for intake 10.

It's been a really long and draining process with little communication but should all be worth it in the end hopefully if the calls ever come out for us all!

I suspect that I won't make this squad but here's to hoping!

Does anyone else know what squad they were on the online learning? For example I was 'pre employment 09-14?'

Just wondering if this is anything to go by with regards to intake squads?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 1PCPLOD

Forget that robocop after that outstanding announcement your straight to inspector! Absolute hero! Doubt it'll be today now though! Unfortunately I cannot help re. Online learning I've no idea what it was. But too be honest as long and draining as it is it is quite predictable and seems to be based purely on ac score of that helps any

It's been a really long and draining process with little communication but should all be worth it in the end hopefully if the calls ever come out for us all!

Does anyone else know what squad they were on the online learning? For example I was 'pre employment 09-14?'

I did online learning from december - jan and had the same code 09-14.

Can only assume it means class 9 -2014. Though from previous posts I dont think it guarantees us to be included in the 9th intake. Ive read that some who have passed everything and been on 08-14, for example, weren't called for the 8th intake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

I have the same score and group mark robocop.

I wasn't sure if it meant September 14 or groups 09 - 14

My online learning was October but I've no idea what number it was

No calls today by the looks of it.
    Heres hoping for next week.

Heard it's confirmed about 42 in February, must have found a few quid from somewhere

Hopefully the same in march and everyone from campaign 1 is sorted

Not sure if the calls started or not? Anyone going to have a great weekend or be dying for the phone to ring on monday?

• Advertisement

No calls today, to be fair the lady I spoke with in recruitment was very nice and told me that they had a few things to clear before making th calls and it would either be later today or Monday....... Like like Monday now!

Fingers crossed for everyone's sake!

Roll on Monday!

First and last time I'll ever say that.

Good luck to all and I hope everyone still waiting gets good news.

Does having to wait til Monday give more or less cause towards getting drunk tonight?!

Leaving it to monday makes sense

No point ringing 10 or so when there are 42 in total

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

The numbers in online learning dont mean anything when it comes to this stage. Mine closed 24th October and I'm still waiting along with the majority (if not all) that did it then. Lets just keep our fingers crossed for next week. I would imagine another intake in March to close the 1309 campaign and can see no reason why this wouldn't be another full squad. Any remaining budget will be spent before the end of the financial year as underspend in the public sector is a no no!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

How am I going to get a good night's sleep tonight with this news of possible calls tomorrow. Putting years on me so it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

So,calls this week then! Im being selfish in hoping they are later in the week after my PCA.Ive waited some length of time for this(Im not just talking since Oct 2013)

I genuinely do hope everyone that passes all of the stages gets in as this has been a gruelling process,different from previous years but with a hell of a lot more hoops to jump through.

7,500 applied folks......7,500...just think about that number....and here we are in the final furlong!

We have been put through the wringer so many times since this started and I hope that every last one of us down to those that scored 60.01% gets in.We've passed all of their requirements and deserve it for the resilience and perseverence which will hold us in good stead for the coming months.

Good luck to all of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Sorry one last thing(last time I tried to edit a post it duplicated each time! )

Ive seen people at the PCA who were beyond nervous knowing that they would not pass.This was before they had actually done the PCA.Fit,healthy looking people who for whatever reason,just knew...

Confidence and positive thinking is so very important.

On a side note,I have seen someone in tears at the Medical who had obviously passed the PCA but didn't satisfy their requirements.I will never forget this as it was the first person I saw after entering the building.

Im probably not putting this all down in the correct order.I guess Im trying to say that it has been a rough 15 months and will be a rough couple of days/few weeks and I hope anyone reading this doesn't lose sight of why they applied and how lucky they are to still be in the "game",for want of a better word. :)

Hopefully calls tomorrow for those who are next in line for hotel GV! Good luck to everyone waiting! I sincerely hope that all of us get in eventually!

Looking forward to seeing that 'intake 9' thread posted tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

I must be the only one not wanting to see intake 9

Advertisement