Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

student15 wrote: »
    So much waiting

I got a call at 1:03 from a "No Caller ID" and it instantly hung up when I answered. I'm praying that it was them calling and the person on the other end was like "Sh*t it's my lunch hour now, I'll call after" hahah

Here's hoping :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Wait is over. Nerves are wrecked but it's worth it. Well done all who have got their call. See you at GV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭student15

tony1985 wrote: »
    Wait is over. Nerves are wrecked but it's worth it. Well done all who have got their call. See you at GV

Get yours recently?
    Well done
    My nerves are killing me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭tony1985

Get yours recently?
    Well done
    My nerves are killing me

They called me at 10am and seemed to hang up when I aanswered. Got the call again then at 12 or so. Hope u all get the news you're after.

tony1985 wrote: »
    They called me at 10am and seemed to hang up when I aanswered. Got the call again then at 12 or so. Hope u all get the news you're after.

Tic toc tic toc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Jb12345

Tic toc tic toc

Looks like could be an anxious wait over the weekend student...

Jb12345 wrote: »
    Looks like could be an anxious wait over the weekend student...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 47 stephen142

Aaaaany minute now...
    skeleton.jpg

Can't be just us 3? Lol who else is in our position...

Myself maverick and gmck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭whatinthe

This is absolute torture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Mr.Peanut

Maybe their still waiting on your vetting, did they mention vetting to anyone that got the call?

Seeing as some of ye who got the call have gone silent.. Could you provide us with some info?

Do they ring landline and/or mobile? Did they ring everyone before midday?

Ta

whatinthe wrote: »
    Seeing as some of ye who got the call have gone silent.. Could you provide us with some info?

Ta

On top of that did they say anything about when letters will arrive

I thought that they would take the highest scorers first etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭hopeful34

Ta

They rang my mobile (number I gave on application) not sure about everyone else but mine was before 12.
    Asked a few things about vetting and medical (if anything had changed etc).
    Said letter would be sent out with info in it.

Two full days glued to the aul phone.
    Funnnnnnn

Two full days glued to the aul phone.
    Funnnnnnn

It was good wasn't it... Monday now eh?

How many do we think have gotten the call? Is the first intake full maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Maverick89

I had a missed call at 4 from private number. I'm raging with myself for missing it lol

So I looked back through posts there. Counted 7 people in total that have gotten a call ... And 6 I know of that haven't . So maybe half or so and there Will be more start of next week...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭gmck26

So I looked back through posts there. Counted 7 people in total that have gotten a call ... And 6 I know of that haven't . So maybe half or so and there Will be more start of next week...

I think there might be as from what I understand only about 60 people or so were left after medical. So if a large intake (64) all of us should get in. If not next time....

I like your thinking.. :)

At least we know we can relax for 2 days.. I say relax, I really mean worry and obsess less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭19087

I heard from a fairly reliable source (police civilian staff member) that the first intake was smallish - around 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Constablemaybe

19087 wrote: »
    I heard from a fairly reliable source (police civilian staff member) that the first intake was smallish - around 30

Heard the same, from staff involved in the training!

So lot of us could be looking at a June start...An extra month in our lovely jobs ha

Oh well least that is a relief kind of. Still in with a chance.

So it's possible the first intake is full already and there will be some people left over to go in with the second crowd. Maybe those whose vetting has taken longer (total speculation) or perhaps it's something to do with where the first intake are being stationed.

So the first squad is 30?? That's ridiculously small in fairness.

Well if you think about it, several years have passed since the last crowd went through there and they have changed the training program a bit so it would make sense to iron out any teething problems with a small intake rather than a massive one!

Could be they want a smaller number first time as it's first training in years so any issues they come across can be looked at. Rather than working with a large number.. can imagine it would make things more difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭charlie_six

Could be they want a smaller number first time as it's first training in years so any issues they come across can be looked at. Rather than working with a large number.. can imagine it would make things more difficult.

Thought that too

Advertisement