Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭monty46

61 everything passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

60. All sections completed and passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 robocop12

I would be hopefull that you all get the calls this afternoon...... Myself, not so much! Sitting on 60 with everything passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

No more calls so far?

Cromlech wrote: »
    No more calls so far?

Was just thinking the same Myself...... Nothing yet!

• Advertisement

Calls for previous squads went out over 2 day, right?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Cromlech wrote: »
    Calls for previous squads went out over 2 day, right?

Pretty sure it was a 2 day period over thurs / fri but I could be wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Pretty sure it was a 2 day period over thurs / fri but I could be wrong

Checked intakes 8 thread. Friday 21st and Monday 24th over those two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

I reckon that must be it now for calls today? Exruciatingly close! Would you think with the amount of people on here confirming, taking that into account with the amount of people that are not registered here....there would be more calls tomorrow? Or no. Aaaah. Impossible to say!

Talk about nerves!! I can barely hold it together! Even if it is too late for any more calls today.

I reckon that must be it now for calls today? Excruciatingly close! Would you think with the amount of people on here confirming, taking that into account with the amount of people that are not registered here....there would be more calls tomorrow? Or no. Aaaah. Impossible to say!

Talk about nerves!! I can barely hold it together! Even if it is too late for any more calls today.

• Advertisement

I reckon that must be it now for calls today? Excruciatingly close! Would you think with the amount of people on here confirming, taking that into account with the amount of people that are not registered here....there would be more calls tomorrow? Or no. Aaaah. Impossible to say!

Yea that looks like its all done for today.
    Obviously if it sticks to the routine of previous intakes then we'll back here tomorrow congratulating whoever gets the call.

Good luck.

Yea that looks like its all done for today.
    Obviously if it sticks to the routine of previous intakes then we'll back here tomorrow congratulating whoever gets the call.

Good luck.

Hopefully. There doesnt seem to be too many from on here that got the call so I'm hoping it's an indication that there aren't too many waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Sitting on 61 myself, (had convinced myself i was 62 until i checked)

Dont think 61 and below will make these batch of calls so hoping that we get the nod for the next one!

Hopefully their isnt too many left to redo PCA etc.

DaveNi wrote: »

Dont think 61 and below will make these batch of calls so hoping that we get the nod for the next one!

I really hope everyone gets through, we have spent too much time and effort, not to get it just because of budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

It all feels very surreal, after such a long process and an interminable wait, to be hoping for a call tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

DaveNi wrote: »

I looked at previous campaign attrition rates and applied it to this campaigns numbers.
    Long story short, if the numbers are right they'll be strugling to just about have enough candidates for the 378.
    Take heart, hopefully this is what the CC referred to in the twitter q and a when he was asked about recruitment numbers and said they'll be there or there about.

It all feels very surreal, after such a long process and an interminable wait, to be hoping for a call tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

Couldnt have said it better myself.
    Best of luck to all.

all a bit ominously quiet here. agony.

Willing my phone to ring does not seem to be having the desired effect.

all a bit ominously quiet here. agony.

Willing my phone to ring does not seem to be having the desired effect.

Same here, my phone went this morning and I was so disappointed it wasn't the call.

Christ I wish somebody would say they've got the call! Just to give the rest of us hope! This is unbearable!

• Advertisement

Christ I wish somebody would say they've got the call! Just to give the rest of us hope! This is unbearable!

Im sorry to say that it looks like we might be waiting until the guys do their PCA this week.
    Good luck to them aswell.

Cant see why else theyd wait.

Whatever happens there will eventually be more, so no need to loose hope.

Im sorry to say that it looks like we might be waiting until the guys do their PCA this week.
    Good luck to them aswell.

Cant see why else theyd wait.

Whatever happens there will eventually be more, so no need to loose hope.

Surely if they were going to wait until after the PCA retakes, they wouldn't have sent out any calls this week. But with this we can never be sure what is going on.

yeah. I'm not sure any calls would have gone out if that was the case because there are people waiting with higher AC scores than those already confirmed.

In the meantime, I dare someone to call and ask. (only because I'm too scared to do it myself. lol)

I'm going to call after lunch.

I'm going to call after lunch.

Any updates on this?

They won't say if there are any more calls to go out today, or if the squad is full. Not in a position to give any other information about recruitment.

At least it wasn't a "no". We wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

Suppose when u think about it there should be a higher percentage of people on 63 as opposed to 73 for example

They won't say if there are any more calls to go out today, or if the squad is full. Not in a position to give any other information about recruitment.

At least it wasn't a "no". We wait.

Id guess that they called people yesterday who were definitely getting into intake 9; and depending upon the PCA results theyll call the rest after that to fill up the remaining spots on 9. (If they havent been filled)

Pure speculation mind you, only thing that really makes sense to me though.

Has it been clarified that there is definitely going to be a 10th intake group. And if so, when do people expext the calls for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Not to be Mr Negative but I would imagine if calls went out at 9am yesterday, they would go out the same time today. If anyone has actual numbers of people going into GV with this intake could they enlighten us? If the first squad from the 2nd campaign is to go in for May then there might be another squad, but of 20 or 40 who knows? Bound to be getting close to the 370 now... ?

• Advertisement

Could be they have contacted candidates and couldn't get through and are now waiting their response before progressing anymore.

Advertisement