Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

Does this mean that squad 9 will be the last intake from the first campaign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

the411 wrote: »
    Does this mean that squad 9 will be the last intake from the first campaign?

Since all the budget cuts they aren't promising there would be any more squads but they've been saying that since 7. So in a nut shell, maybe, maybe not, who knows! It will all depend on the budget and numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Mop a top wrote: »
    I got a call from recruitment chasing up on my medical form since it's now expired too. Not getting any hopes up cos as I was saying in a pm the rules of recruitment seem to change from squad to squad. Well done everyone on 9 and anyone waiting, forget about it, it's less torturous on you, live and enjoy life now, you're not promised tomorrow so why waste today on the what ifs. I spent too many months doing that and it's a regret now cos it's just made me need the red hair dye a bit too much lmfao!!!!

Ah mop are you serious? when did you do your medical? You never know you might still squeeze in to 9 if you pass pca! Surely they could arrange another medical asap if needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I know of two (possible 3 need to chat to him yet!) who got the call and are not active on these borads, however they do follow it. There are a LOT of people who come here for information and tips on the recruitment process and just lurk. The numbers I imagine would shock us if they came to light. Majority of calls would be non boards users in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Sthm wrote: »
    A bit of empathy wouldn't go amiss for those on these boards currently waiting. Easy to say this when you've received the phone call, eh?

Absolutely agree. Surely Dr Watson you can see how that comment was entirely unnecessary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Absolutely agree. Surely Dr Watson you can see how that comment was entirely unnecessary.

I can see both points of view regarding this, I am well aware that it is extremely disheartening hearing a negative perspective,and can leave a bitter taste when it's coming from someone who has already had their good news.

However I can also appreciate that when I was waiting I had a tendency for blind optimism and eventually this could have lead to my being doubly disappointed,so occasionally it's kind of important to be reminded what could realistically happen just to stay grounded.

I'd absolutely love to hear that everyone from campaign one gets in,but unfortunately its not quite as straightforward as we'd all like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Again, it's easy to agree with what was said when an offer has been made.

It's not up to anyone here to take it upon themselves to put things into perspective for anyone else; we're all aware of the fact no guarantees are afforded in this process. The way Watson worded it was completely unnecessary and lacked any tact whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Fair enough point taken. But just to be clear I didn't say I agreed with it,simply that I understood the rationale behind it.

I sincerely hope I'm not coming across as condescending as that isn't my intention at all,and I'd imagine neither was it DrWatsons

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Now now children....

coka67 wrote: »
    Ah mop are you serious? when did you do your medical? You never know you might still squeeze in to 9 if you pass pca! Surely they could arrange another medical asap if needed!

Mid may my lovely! Hopefully they'll take the no changes of circumstances. Just let me get through this PCA and I'll let you know in a few days lmao. Dreading today ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

I am sorry if my comment caused offence to anyone. I do however stand by what I said. The process is designed to generate a surplus of candidates. I already posted similar before getting my call so it's not a case that I got my offer and decided to wind the rest of you up. Let's respect the right to free speech.

Lol it's alright Watson, it's call time, emotions run riot with everyone. Some excited and rightly so, some jealous or feeling a little resentful, speaking from experience here and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. We've all been stuck in limbo, some more than others and frustration has set in with a million other conflicting emotions and feelings. We're all in this together guys/girls and hopefully we'll get the good news we're desperate for, sooner rather than later with any luck lol.

Mid may my lovely! Hopefully they'll take the no changes of circumstances. Just let me get through this PCA and I'll let you know in a few days lmao. Dreading today ;)

Yes hopefully you'll be fine! They've put you through so much!

Ah I know ;) the nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Dr_watson wrote: »
    I am sorry if my comment caused offence to anyone. I do however stand by what I said. The process is designed to generate a surplus of candidates. I already posted similar before getting my call so it's not a case that I got my offer and decided to wind the rest of you up. Let's respect the right to free speech.

Yes I do recall your post when you got the call saying you thought your AC score was never going to be enough! Congratulations, its good to hope!

The thing is as more calls go out people will realise their own chances are getting smaller and smaller. I failed the IST by one mark myself for the 1st campaign, scrapped through this one and scored an A* on the AC so am hopeful, if you don't have hope for your dreams and keep working towards them then you have nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Tim89 wrote: »
    Now now children....

Rich with the amount of sly digs you've fired at Watson in the past, Timothy. ;)

To keep ya'll updated there was about 15 there redoing the pca today! All 64+ from what I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Sthm wrote: »
    Rich with the amount of sly digs you've fired at Watson in the past, Timothy. ;)

Hey

Only mother calls me that !!

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 monty2507

Anyone out there with a 62 what was ur score wen u add all scores up 62.47??..ps well done..what date is the induction??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

monty2507 wrote: »
    Anyone out there with a 62 what was ur score wen u add all scores up 62.47??..ps well done..what date is the induction??

62.4 exactly.
    For some reason I didn't think of those on 62.41-62.49.
    I wrongly assumed it was 62.4 then .5 aka 63, which will help explain why I didn't get a call.

Whatever happens, as someone said, it's certainly squeaky bum time for the 62s.

Can I ask what you have yourself?

It'd certainly be helpful to find out the same info from those in the intake 9 thread.
    Thanks for being on the ball and asking there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

62.4 exactly.
    I wrongly assumed it was 62.4 then .5 aka 63, which will help explain why I didn't get a call.

It'd certainly be helpful to find out the same info from those in the intake 9 thread.

Ha,when I was at my PCA I asked others what their exact score was,mine was 66.xx They looked at me as if I had horns!!

It wasn't 66.60 by the way :v

• Advertisement

62.4 AC; And I forgot to add 54 in the IST, just in case it helps us discern a pattern

62.4 exactly.

You are ahead of me then I scored a 62.29 so more less no chance for me but like you z squeeky bun time..I emailed an they said that yes I goes on merit so even though you an I are both 62..on the merit list you are higher so u wld get call before I would..so annoying to possibly b so close..good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

You are ahead of me then I scored a 62.29 so more less no chance for me but like you z squeeky bun time..I emailed an they said that yes I goes on merit so even though you an I are both 62..on the merit list you are higher so u wld get call before I would..so annoying to possibly b so close..good luck

Does it actually matter about the exact score?

I don't understand for example someone scoring 61.5, that being rounded up, being told they are a 62 but actually are being treated as a 61...I might be being a bit dense though lol.

Thanks for emailing.
    All this debate about trying to work out how it's done and no-one thinks to email and ask until now.lol

Just to clarify, so they didn't mention that all 62s being the same and then going to the IST or any other elements coming into play?
    Or from what you understand, is it based primarily on the AC scores down to the .xx

Thanks again for checking.

Just to throw a spanner in your rounding up or down don't forget about the PCA re-sits. They're obviously sitting with a higher score since they did their PCA at least 6 months ago and when they pass it for the 2nd time they're obviously higher on the merit list than you guys. I hate to put a downer on things but did you consider that the people in 9 who've got a marginally better score than you weren't top of the merit list and the folks who passed their PCA again were called first? I'm honestly not trying to be a bitch when I say that but I'm saying it cos you're doing exactly what I did for months and all it leads to is unnecessary stress and grey hair!!! Settle my lovely boardies, your time will come. Just keep an eye on your PCA date and it's expiry. Chin up plus you can have a good laugh at me, at this rate I'll be still waiting on a call a YEAR after my original PCA pass :D

Cromlech wrote: »

I don't understand for example someone scoring 61.5, that being rounded up, being told they are a 62 but actually are being treated as a 61...I might be being a bit dense though lol.

I know what you mean.

If it isn't based on an score AC down to the xx.xx, then it must be based on xx plus IST score or something.
    There surely must be someway to have a definitive ranking; they're not going to pick someone with certain mark, and then take it Alphabetically or at random for instance.
    If they don't differentiate between 62s or any other mark, then would it not be either none of us getting in with that mark, or all of us?

Just guessing again though. Off to bed before my head explodes

Cromlech wrote: »

I emailed them today asking to clarify..so yes if u scored a 61.5 - 61.99 u are rounded up to 62..anyone from 62.01 - 62.49 wld b rounded down to 62..However even though you are in 62 group it goes on merit so 62.49 wld b contacted nxt an jus work down from there so if gavmax is sitting with a 62.4 he has a possibility if another intake is happening..

Just to throw a spanner in your rounding up or down don't forget about the PCA re-sits. They're obviously sitting with a higher score since they did their PCA at least 6 months ago and when they pass it for the 2nd time they're obviously higher on the merit list than you guys. I hate to put a downer on things but did you consider that the people in 9 who've got a marginally better score than you weren't top of the merit list and the folks who passed their PCA again were called first? I'm honestly not trying to be a bitch when I say that but I'm saying it cos you're doing exactly what I did for months and all it leads to is unnecessary stress and grey hair!!! Settle my lovely boardies, your time will come. Just keep an eye on your PCA date and it's expiry. Chin up plus you can have a good laugh at me, at this rate I'll be still waiting on a call a YEAR after my original PCA pass :D

No offense taken, I actually agree with your analysis.
    Best of luck in the PCA btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Be careful,by saying your exact score you are making yourself definitely known to future employers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

I emailed them today asking to clarify..so yes if u scored a 61.5 - 61.99 u are rounded up to 62..anyone from 62.01 - 62.49 wld b rounded down to 62..However even though you are in 62 group it goes on merit so 62.49 wld b contacted nxt an jus work down from there so if gavmax is sitting with a 62.4 he has a possibility if another intake is happening..

I wasn't disagreeing with what you were told I just couldn't work out in my head the point of rounding up or down if in reality it does actually matter. Oh well it's never straightforward, like everything in this process.

I suppose this can help us estimate when/if we should get calls obviously allowing for those on higher scores who redo their PCA's as Mop has said.

I wonder if two people have the exact same scores in IST and PCA how they would determine who is next...would it be alphabetical or PCA times.

Advertisement