Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Cromlech wrote: »
    I was disagreeing with what you were told I just couldn't work out in my head the point of rounding up or down if in reality it does actually matter. Oh well it's never straightforward, like everything in this process.

I suppose this can help us estimate when/if we should get calls obviously allowing for those on higher scores who redo their PCA's as Mop has said.

I wonder if two people have the exact same scores in IST and PCA how they would determine who is next...would it be alphabetical or PCA times.

I'd guess that it wouldn't be regular for that to happen, but yea you're right there must be something in place to differentiate the candidates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

You're seriously overthinking!!!! You'll be bald or grey by the time a blooming call comes. I get it though. It's very much a case of it being so close but so far. Learn to enjoy the wait, think of all the things you can get up to while you're in limbo, as soon as that call comes your life won't be your own any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭pastiesupper

monty2507 wrote: »
    I emailed them today asking to clarify..so yes if u scored a 61.5 - 61.99 u are rounded up to 62..anyone from 62.01 - 62.49 wld b rounded down to 62..However even though you are in 62 group it goes on merit so 62.49 wld b contacted nxt an jus work down from there so if gavmax is sitting with a 62.4 he has a possibility if another intake is happening..

Do the PSNI get the exact score (to two decimal places) or do they just get the rounded score from Deloitte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I have a feeling they just receive the rounded score and then use IST scores, but I could be completely wrong on that one.

This final budget being agreed is apparently good news for public services, so let's hope that eases these budget issues enough to keep the recruitment tap flowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

Yes we can hope so, was the first campaign not only for 100 and they ended taking 378? So you never know for the second campaign... fingers crossed. People should be getting vetting forms soon?

• Advertisement

Be careful,by saying your exact score you are making yourself definitely known to future employers

I think we've all been civil to each other so I cant see that possibility being much of a problem, but I understand where you're coming from.
    As long as the dissidents cant identify us then hopefully we're okay.

Be careful,by saying your exact score you are making yourself definitely known to future employers

I think we've all been civil to each other so I cant see that possibility being much of a problem, but I understand where you're coming from.
    As long as the dissidents cant identify us then hopefully we're okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    Yes we can hope so, was the first campaign not only for 100 and they ended taking 378? So you never know for the second campaign... fingers crossed. People should be getting vetting forms soon?

There was never any discussion on the first campaign taking only 100 officers it was always going to take 378

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

Icarus9 wrote: »
    There was never any discussion on the first campaign taking only 100 officers it was always going to take 378

I've always been pretty much of this belief as well...although I do think they said initially it would be 100 until they got confirmation of funding for the additional 278,but it seemed a formality that they would

Nearly sure they said it would be 100, and when they secured the funding they took on more. Not sure where to get the information it was about two years ago but I've followed the recruitment process closely. Never know it might be the same story with campaign two, 100 until they can get the funding to take on more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

I've always been pretty much of this belief as well...although I do think they said initially it would be 100 until they got confirmation of funding for the additional 278,but it seemed a formality that they would

Ah yeah from memory so 100 until new financial year(April 2014 ) and 378 was confirmed. But yeah it was a formality which was never in doubt. I can't see there being only 100 in this campaign. The amount of overtime being worked at the moment is costing them a fortune and with impending retirements it makes no sense to only take 100 particuarily on a lower starting salary but bear in mind you are only on 19K for training and then move up.

http:// www. bbc .co. uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24152112

There is a link to the story, seemed they wanted to take on 478 actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    http:// www. bbc .co. uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24152112

There is a link to the story, seemed they wanted to take on 478 actually...

Maybe I am mistaken but were that first 100 transferees from other forces?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

If anyone is interested MI5 are recruiting Mobile Surveillance Operatives, it is London based but with travel throughout the U.K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

That would be awesome

Mop a top wrote: »
    That would be awesome

They are particularly interested in women and ethnic minorities.

I would assume there would be plenty of opportunity to work back here.

Just noticing a voicemail left by someone from "recruitment".
    They weren't specific, but i'm calling them back to see.
    I'll update if I get through tonight.
    Has anyone got a call today??

Just noticing a voicemail left by someone from "recruitment".
    They weren't specific, but i'm calling them back to see.
    I'll update if I get through tonight.
    Has anyone got a call today??

Good luck, hopefully it's good news for you.

Thanks Cromlech, yea, just got an offer.
    Speechless and can't say anything that hasn't already been said.
    Just hope they may have more calls going out tomorrow.
    Genuinely appreciate all the help we've given each other over the past while and would love it if everyone that passes everything gets in.
    You all deserve it, just keep the head up.
    Best of luck to everyone!

Thanks Cromlech, yea, just got an offer.
    Speechless and can't say anything that hasn't already been said.
    Just hope they may have more calls going out tomorrow.
    Genuinely appreciate all the help we've given each other over the past while and would love it if everyone that passes everything gets in.
    You all deserve it, just keep the head up.
    Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations, just shows having patience is worth it all your waiting has paid off :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Think my performance in work is suffering severely from constantly watching this forum / my phone

lmcg1106 wrote: »
    Think my performance in work is suffering severely from constantly watching this forum / my phone

It's addictive, especially when calls have been going out.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

If anyone is interested MI5 are recruiting Mobile Surveillance Operatives, it is London based but with travel throughout the U.K.

Mate of mine applied for something similar a while back

They don't like people who have had a public profile on social media etc

Would be worth deleting all that before making an application

pb82 wrote: »
    Mate of mine applied for something similar a while back

They don't like people who have had a public profile on social media etc

Would be worth deleting all that before making an application

Oh I'm not applying, just noticed it when I typed civil service jobs into Google. Need a driving licence for it anyway and I don't have one.

I was looking out for prison service and Mod Police vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Suzuka

Oh I'm not applying, just noticed it when I typed civil service jobs into Google. Need a driving licence for it anyway and I don't have one.

Did the campaigns for PSNI constable not require a driving license to apply? Or was that just campaign 2? I equally could've just made this up in my head lol

Suzuka wrote: »
    Did the campaigns for PSNI constable not require a driving license to apply? Or was that just campaign 2? I equally could've just made this up in my head lol

No they didn't require one, but all other police forces in the UK do so that could be where you read it was needed, I didn't realise one wasn't needed before otherwise I would have applied before now haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Never thought Id have the pleasure of posting this

I got the call.:pac:

Still cant believe it.Like Gavinus Im in a daze and cant fully take it all in.

(Call was earlier this afternoon)

Congratulations to those who got the call. We'll have no board members left at this rate lol :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I thought u needed a drivers license for the police, learn something new everyday

Trust me, I'd avoid a prison service job like the plague

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Did anyone see the news this evening. I believe there was something about more money for the police. Might be mistaken this is second hand information. Never got to see the news!

Advertisement