Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

I know a few in the prison service and they never stop banging on about how great it is. Wouldn't be for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

pb82 wrote: »
    I thought u needed a drivers license for the police, learn something new everyday

Trust me, I'd avoid a prison service job like the plague

I always thought you did aswell and that's why I had never applied previously.

And ok haha I'll avoid the prison service, hopefully I'll not need to apply for jobs sometime in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pb82

I know a few in the prison service and they never stop banging on about how great it is. Wouldn't be for me though.

They must be working in magilligan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭didierdrogba

pb82 wrote: »
    They must be working in magilligan :p

Haha no comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

Never thought Id have the pleasure of posting this

I got the call.:pac:

Still cant believe it.Like Gavinus Im in a daze and cant fully take it all in.

(Call was earlier this afternoon)

Lol after us debating if calls would go out after PCA repeats too!!!! Congrats!!!!! Bit miffed I didn't get to do it yesterday now :( I'm sure you're over the moon now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 coka67

Mop a top wrote: »
    Lol after us debating if calls would go out after PCA repeats too!!!! Congrats!!!!! Bit miffed I didn't get to do it yesterday now :( I'm sure you're over the moon now :D

Your time will come mop! Fingers crossed for you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Not sure if the figures are totally accurate, but just heard psni given ~20m and a further ~20m or so by July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Sthm wrote: »
    Not sure if the figures are totally accurate, but just heard psni given ~20m and a further ~20m or so by July.

That'll be from Stormount actually agreeing a budget. That must of been what I missed in the news.

More money for the police can't be a bad thing! Thanks for the update!

coka67 wrote: »
    Your time will come mop! Fingers crossed for you :D

Lol yeah I know it will just miffed it's getting closer to a year since I did the PCA. Will make it all the more sweeter I guess plus you'll all be glad I'll not be on here just as much :P

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

62.4 AC; And I forgot to add 54 in the IST, just in case it helps us discern a pattern

Just looking at this now, added mine up and it's 61.81 in AC and 58 in IST. Time to accept that it's not happening and stop checking the board I think, free myself from the stress of worrying and thinking about it and get on with life! Congrats those of you who got the call, you all deserve it, it's been a long haul. Good luck to everyone else!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 63 ✭✭GavinusMaximus

Just looking at this now, added mine up and it's 61.81 in AC and 58 in IST. Time to accept that it's not happening and stop checking the board I think, free myself from the stress of worrying and thinking about it and get on with life! Congrats those of you who got the call, you all deserve it, it's been a long haul. Good luck to everyone else!

A source has indicated that anyone with roughly 61 and above will get in the next intake in march.

This could be bad information and I dont't want to add to your stress etc... but if it was me I'd want to know all information that was available.

Your sitting at 61.81, and about half a mark off getting a call for intake 9, so i'd be very surprised/you'd be very unlucky if you didn't get in on the next intake. (Debate over whether it's confirmed, but again i'd be surprised if it didn't go ahead)

They also can't be exact yet because of stragglers/deferrals with the PCA.

It's just a guess as always with this but just for the craic of adding another opinion I'd say that if that's intake 9 filled; than there will be more calls at the start of Feb, (or after whenever the next PCA resit is), for the last intake in March.

P.S. Other posters have indicated that £40 Million will be added to the police budget in the coming months. That's alot of money; according to this old bbc article - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-24154684 - 500 recruits cost roughly £25 Million a year, (and that's based on the higher starting salary). Even if just a fraction of that new money is divvied up to recruitment then it'll certainly help everyone on here still waiting.

Don't give up, it's only over when you are told so by the psni. Although I know it's hard to be optimistic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Thanks Mop! I was sort of right,the calls on Mon threw me.

I still cant believe it to be honest!

I feel a bit like this little guy
    >:confused:

I really hope things work out for you next month:)

Seriously?!?! I'm going to kick you up the ass!!!! It's been almost a year since I did my PCA FFS!!! I've sat back and cried my eyes out on several occasions cos I seen my boardie mates with the same scores getting the call and I didn't!!! I've sat and watch intake after intake go through and cried so much when I should have been in at intake 4!!!! My boardie friends will be passing out soon and I've suffered set back after set back and I've been where you are thinking of throwing in the towel. Don't you bloody dare!!!!! It will happen.

A bit of advice, forget about it, put it out of your head, I had to split up with boards for a while and only respond to pm's cos as much as you want to see people do well and get in, it crushes you to the core to see others go through, especially those with lower scores. Sorry for sounding harsh but I needed a good kick up the ass and you probably don't have a sister as subtle as mine lol. If you need a chat give me a shout.

Chin up my lovely, I'll see you intake 10 ;)

Seriously?!?! I'm going to kick you up the ass!!!! It's been almost a year since I did my PCA FFS!!! I've sat back and cried my eyes out on several occasions cos I seen my boardie mates with the same scores getting the call and I didn't!!! I've sat and watch intake after intake go through and cried so much when I should have been in at intake 4!!!! My boardie friends will be passing out soon and I've suffered set back after set back and I've been where you are thinking of throwing in the towel. Don't you bloody dare!!!!! It will happen.

A bit of advice, forget about it, put it out of your head, I had to split up with boards for a while and only respond to pm's cos as much as you want to see people do well and get in, it crushes you to the core to see others go through, especially those with lower scores. Sorry for sounding harsh but I needed a good kick up the ass and you probably don't have a sister as subtle as mine lol. If you need a chat give me a shout.

I can't even imagine how horrible it is being in your position. Sticking with it will pay off in the end though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

Ill second that rallying kick up the arse rant!

I missed intake 7 by a few days due to different things(due process :mad:) and its been a hellish time since.

When the calls went out Monday before my PCA I thought someone had it in for me.

Perseverance and resilience are essential qualities.I know its easy to say after getting in but please don't give up and listen to those that have been through the wringer(several times!!)

Appreciate that you are still in with a shout as opposed to previous years where you may have passed everything but you had no chance of getting in.From my experience this is the campaign where the least amount of people have completed all stages.

I do like my numbers and statistics :/ I really did think that they wouldn't make the 378 people stated.Probably not the case(due to people catching onto the PCA and getting themselves fit) but anyone who has passed everything is in the best possible position this late in a campaign,for the guts of a decade.

Lol thanks guys but I'm grand. Just wanted to let solidsnake44 know they weren't on their own as far as feeling like throwing in the towel on occasion goes lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭JtmC

Lol thanks guys but I'm grand. Just wanted to let solidsnake44 know they weren't on their own as far as feeling like throwing in the towel on occasion goes lol.

I agree you Moppa on maybe taking a break from the boards by all means especially Solidsnake!

Take a few distractions and put your energy into something worthwhile and come back when you feel free of mind.

The boards have been crazy with assumption, presumption and emotions are high for who that really want this.

Patience and perserverance are king. The making of a good police officer in practice.

Lol on a completely different note my son reckons I'll make an awesome officer since I solved the murder mystery at a secondary school open night. Nearly pmsl especially since the teacher said there were actual officers in earlier who got it wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SolidSnake44

Thanks guys & gals, I appreciate the support. But I'm not throwing in the towel, I'm just preparing myself for the reality Dr Watson alluded to. Reading the board everyday is exhausting, I'd rather convince myself it's not happening and focus on something else. In the meantime if it happens it happens, but the disappointment will be so much greater if I've been spending all my energy thinking about the job.

As you've said Mop, life goes on, no point wasting it worrying. Certainly not trying to belittle what you've been through, just my way of dealing with the wait.

• Advertisement

Just wanted to let you know we've all been there and felt like that at some point. The main thing to focus on is that we haven't been told thanks but no thanks yet. It will happen. Hopefully sooner rather than later :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

I was wondering... Isn't campaign 1 only running until March? I was wondering what they would do with the ones who have passed everything but don't get a phone call in February's batch of calls??? Anyone else wondering the same?

janedoe8 wrote: »
    I was wondering... Isn't campaign 1 only running until March? I was wondering what they would do with the ones who have passed everything but don't get a phone call in February's batch of calls??? Anyone else wondering the same?

Others on here have contacted HR and have been told there is no set end date for campaign 1.

Suppose we won't know what happens for definite until March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

I suppose non one really knows what is happening until something does happen but I was wondering what they would do with the ones who don't get a phone call in Feb. Not sure there are enough spaces for the rest of us to all get a call this month. Hope this month goes fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Got fed up this morning and decided to phone HR.

Told no decison has been made on intake 10.

Just what i expected, i wonder if we will be any wiser after CC report to policing board this week.

DaveNi wrote: »
    Got fed up this morning and decided to phone HR.

Told no decison has been made on intake 10.

Just what i expected, i wonder if we will be any wiser after CC report to policing board this week.

Awesome, probably another week of being none the wiser.

Thanks for phoning anyway lol, I was going to do it at the end of this week. Still might.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

Anyone heard about letters going out saying March intake (presumably intake 10) isn't happening because of lack of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

Oh no don't say that! Is this a rumour or has someone actually had a letter? Could be a delay until April because of the new financial year.. Like the delay with the 1405 recruitment.Hope so anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

It would appear folk have got letters saying the above. But the context remains unclear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

I would guess these are the campaign two delay letters?

Well, I'm hoping that it's not the end of the road for 1309 anyway.

Advertisement