Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭marfrig2014

They are waiting on fitness dates apparently. So presumably that's the latest campaign? It's the march talk that is confusing me. These are very recent letters.

They definitely state the process has ended. Unfortunately I have to get this second hand so cant completely verify.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

well that escalated quickly. from a delay to the process has ended? Where have you come across this information?

Getting it from someone I trust who is currently in the broad company of someone who has a recent letter. What it exactly states and what campaign it is from i'm trying to verify but it's not easy third hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

It would appear folk have got letters saying the above. But the context remains unclear.

Someone phoned today and was told no decision has been made on intake 10.

• Advertisement

Presumably those of us on 62 would have recieved letters regarding this seeing as this is the AC number they have reached.

Or at least the higher scorers with PCA retakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Icarus9

Getting it from someone I trust who is currently in the broad company of someone who has a recent letter. What it exactly states and what campaign it is from i'm trying to verify but it's not easy third hand.

These are clearly the campaign 2 you are not being processed unless the financial situation changes letters. It doesn't close the door totally and didn't say the process is definitely ended.

If a letter had gone out re campaign 1 saying it was definitely ended then I would dare to say some on here would have received one.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Psni26

you are giving me hope! I'm an AC 60 too! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

None the wiser after CC report to policing board.

The waiting continues.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Yeah, nothing much said in the meeting yet apart from 'reduced recruitment plans' are necessary to deliver a balanced budget for next year. No idea on what the reduced plans entail.

http://www.psni.police.uk/index/news-archive/newpage-4/february-2015/chief_constable_s_report___northern_ireland_policing_board_05_02_15.htm

• Advertisement

I would imagine he is referring to 14050. (i hope)

Are we hoping for calls End of next week beginning of following week then?

Trying to put this all at the back of my head.... Then i watch 24 hours in Police Custody... Dam It!!!

Now tempted to phone HR tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Lestrade

DaveNi wrote: »
    Trying to put this all at the back of my head.... Then i watch 24 hours in Police Custody... Dam It!!!

Now tempted to phone HR tomorrow...

Good show that! Watching it atm also.

Lestrade wrote: »
    Good show that! Watching it atm also.

Yeah sort of opens your eyes a bit. Noticed you are in intake 9? Any word from the inside about a 10th intake?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 weewheels

Bit of a silly question but does anyone know the number to HR? If you could PM me please....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭the411

You can ring 101 and ask to be put through to hr.

weewheels wrote: »
    Bit of a silly question but does anyone know the number to HR? If you could PM me please....

Did you.get hold of HR?

I called today again and now they are unable to comment on wether an intake 10 is going ahead or if the merit list has been exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭countrycop

DaveNi wrote: »
    Did you.get hold of HR?

I called today again and now they are unable to comment on wether an intake 10 is going ahead or if the merit list has been exhausted.
    Was anything mentioned on 1405 campaign ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Thanks for calling DaveNi. I was wondering if anyone might give them a call today.

Mmmm, what do you make of your call? do you think that's worse or better than no intake 10 being confirmed? I'm sure there will be another intake I think. But only because of the PCA resits.

I was really really hoping calls might have been the end of this week..... :/

countrycop wrote: »
    Was anything mentioned on 1405 campaign ?

Apologies, wasnt ringing to enquire about 14050, just 13090

• Advertisement

Thanks for calling DaveNi. I was wondering if anyone might give them a call today.

Mmmm, what do you make of your call? do you think that's worse or better than no intake 10 being confirmed? I'm sure there will be another intake I think. But only because of the PCA resits.

I was really really hoping calls might have been the end of this week..... :/

No worries, someone elses turn next time haha.

I have no idea what to think, hearing so many different rumors about intakes and merit list not actually ending in March.

Who knows. Suppose we just have to wait until the phone rings or until a letter appears in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

No point second guessing folks. Just need to sit back and wait and see unfortunately. And I know it's not easy but just hope for the best and prepare for the worse I guess. I've told many people on here, if it's for you, it won't pass you. I figured they just like dangling the carrot in front of me lol!!!

Agreed with Dave though, it will either be calls next week hopefully or dear john letters

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

I can completely empathise. I know exactly how it feels. On the positive side, you all have each other on here to chat to. Back in the day when there was no colour, you filled out all the forms, popped them in the post, and waited... and waited... and wa... zzz...

I find myself wondering what kind of tool would go through all this.. the IST, the AC, the medical, the PCA, the wait, the wait, the wait... and get THE CALL!

Then, for whatever reason, they make a video inside the walls of Garnerville, and then posted it on YouTube. As you do.

This is the kind of thing that makes my blood boil. That, and people walking on Day 1, or worse, don't show up at all! FFS, they could have just called Recruitment that week and given the place to one of ye lot. It's fair to say there are some on here who would have their bags packed before the phone call from Recruitment was over!

Rant over.

For now.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭warofattrition

So folks,all ready for calls tomorrow?I don't have any inside knowledge,just a feeling;)

So folks,all ready for calls tomorrow?I don't have any inside knowledge,just a feeling;)

Hope you're right. I don't think I can last another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Trying not to get my hopes up, but good luck everyone and fingers crossed.

We'll all be sorely disappointed of there's no calls this week ��

Amazing how many people are on today when they think calls are coming today :P
    Everyone checking their phone every 30s for sufficient battery and signal lol? Good luck my lovelies :D

Hopefully some.sort of information today, or at some point this week.

When did intake 9 begin in GV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Catdog33

About 2 weeks ago I think???? End of jan?

Advertisement