Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 4.5 - The Wait

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

DaveNi wrote: »
    Hopefully some.sort of information today, or at some point this week.

When did intake 9 begin in GV?

Their calls were 5 weeks ago I think :/

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Cromlech

Mop a top wrote: »
    Their calls were 5 weeks ago I think :/

Just checked, was exactly 5 weeks ago today.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DaveNi

Anyone want to ring HR?
    I would, but i reckon after my first two calls they would kindly tell me to leave them alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tim89

Anyone want to ring HR?
    I would, but i reckon after my first two calls they would kindly tell me to leave them alone...

Crack on fella..... They legally can't tell ye to stop calling ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Anyone know what's going on? No calls, letters or emails?? 2013 was a while ago....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I'd say if the calls don't go out tomorrow its curtains down for the first campaign? Said it before but some have disagreed with me, if you count roughly 42 per intake and times that by 9 you get 378. Give or take a few no shows etc and your looking at say 360, if numbers are correct that doesn't leave room for another full lot unless they do one class? Believe they are classes of 12-14?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dr_watson

KevBo2015 wrote: »
    I'd say if the calls don't go out tomorrow its curtains down for the first campaign? Said it before but some have disagreed with me, if you count roughly 42 per intake and times that by 9 you get 378. Give or take a few no shows etc and your looking at say 360, if numbers are correct that doesn't leave room for another full lot unless they do one class? Believe they are classes of 12-14?

4 squads have graduated and add the number in the remaining squads then there is still around 35 places left to get to 378.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 runningriot

Curtains down? Urgh, enough negative speculation thanks. Take that chat out of here!

Shame the calls never came today, but until we hear otherwise, us campaign one-ers live to fight another day!

KevBo2015 wrote: »

They haven't come to a decision on campaign 1 as of yet and whether or not there will be anymore intakes.

It's just more of the usual for us, back to waiting until we hear from HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lmcg1106

Keep the faith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭KevBo2015

I hope the calls come don't get me wrong, its definitely down to the wire haha. My fingers are crossed.

Look my lovelies, until we get dear john letters campaign 1 is still very much continuing. There were candidates at a recent PCA who were completing it for the first time round due to medical deferrals and they'll obviously have to go through the medical and online training. PERHAPS they're waiting until they pass those stages to fill the next intake. No point making calls for a half full class. Just my opinion though, might be right, might not.

With regards to the call. They don't always come on a mon tues :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

With regards to the call. They don't always come on a mon tues :)
    Very true lovelies. From what I've seen, they have a solid history of going out on Thursday and Friday. Gives you something to get rat-arsed drunk celebrate over the weekend.

Another day goes by.....

Another day goes by.....

And still no Dear John letter :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

...which is good news for everyone...

Still nothing?

Cromlech wrote: »
    Still nothing?

Not a peep...

Anyone want to torture HR again?

Not a peep...

Anyone want to torture HR again?

I thought I was getting better with this waiting about business, but I was wrong.

I might leave it until tomorrow before I contact them again, although they don't seem very forthcoming with any meaningful info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Was thinking that it could unfortunately be another month if some just completed their PCA for the first time, given they now have to complete their medical and online learning? Either way, I'll keep the fingers crossed for hopefully sometime soon.

Touch wood, but if the campaign wasn't going any further then why put more candidates through the remaining stages. It'd be much easier (and cheaper) to just send some letters binning the remaining appointable list. I'm remaining positive enough.

• Advertisement

Sthm wrote: »
    Was thinking that it could unfortunately be another month if some just completed their PCA for the first time, given they now have to complete their medical and online learning? Either way, I'll keep the fingers crossed for hopefully sometime soon.

Touch wood, but if the campaign wasn't going any further then why put more candidates through the remaining stages. It'd be much easier (and cheaper) to just send some letters binning the remaining appointable list. I'm remaining positive enough.

I was thinking the same. Although I suppose it wouldn't make sense for them to waste their time phoning some candidates now and then some more in a month or so for the same intake.

I don't know if it would be likely to happen but would they call those who have only recently passed PCA before they complete online learning considering it's not a pass or fail component?

Also would those who have just completed PCA have been vetted? or would that only be complete once the SMT has been cleared.

The people who completed their PCA recently were scheduled to have their first PCA back in sept/oct/nov so I'd say their vetting would be completed by now since the forms go out before PCA dates. The online training must be competed before a place can be offered. It's one of the stages.

The people who completed their PCA recently were scheduled to have their first PCA back in sept/oct/nov so I'd say their vetting would be completed by now since the forms go out before PCA dates. The online training must be competed before a place can be offered. It's one of the stages.

Wasn't sure what way they would work it.

Is there a period of time to wait between passing all stages and a place being offered?

So is it looking like calls won't be until at earliest next month then, if there are any. I suppose I can kind of relax now and quit watching my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭CDizzle

So, when does everyones PCA pass expire? I take it those remaining, apart from medical deferrals, all expire in april?

CDizzle wrote: »
    So, when does everyones PCA pass expire? I take it those remaining, apart from medical deferrals, all expire in april?

I think I worked mine out as April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Sthm

Do you have another medical yourself, Mop?

Sthm wrote: »
    Do you have another medical yourself, Mop?

Nope. I filled out a form in jan when it expired to say there's no changes and vetting were in touch after I passed the PCA again but so far nothing.

Cromlech wrote: »
    Wasn't sure what way they would work it.

Is there a period of time to wait between passing all stages and a place being offered?

So is it looking like calls won't be until at earliest next month then, if there are any. I suppose I can kind of relax now and quit watching my phone.

Tbh I've heard conflicting things. My vetting was the last thing to pass at the end of august. I was told I wouldn't get a call in September cos there wasn't at the 4 week cut off date for the September calls so I'd have to wait until the following months calls, ironically I wasn't eligible for those as my PCA would expire before the start date. I've also heard of people getting calls a couple if weeks after they get the medical passed so god knows.

If this doesn't happen I'm feeling very much like I could throw my toys out if the pram and stomp my feet a bit lol

Tbh I've heard conflicting things. My vetting was the last thing to pass at the end of august. I was told I wouldn't get a call in September cos there wasn't at the 4 week cut off date for the September calls so I'd have to wait until the following months calls, ironically I wasn't eligible for those as my PCA would expire before the start date. I've also heard of people getting calls a couple if weeks after they get the medical passed so god knows.

The whole process seems up the left from start to finish, if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't have a clue what was going on.

If this doesn't happen I'm feeling very much like I could throw my toys out if the pram and stomp my feet a bit lol

Can't blame you for that lol, it's been far from smooth sailing for you and just as you have everything sorted the calls don't go out when expected. Although I can't see them not doing a 10th intake and you'll probably be one of the 1st if not the 1st for those calls.

• Advertisement

Don't know what's going on. Sitting with a low 70's AC% so I hope I'd get a call. Will be totally gutted knowing that there's lower scores in hotel GV and I've missed my chance over a stupid ankle injury and there's no way I'll make campaign 2 either.

I always said there's going to be 9 intakes of 40 ish just didn't believe that was the case since they still processed our PCA and medicals the past couple of months. Hold out a little hope that they're not wasting ours and their time , effort and money progressing people without good reason. I guess we will see. Chin up my lovely folk :D

Advertisement