Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Data In USA With Locked iPhone

Options
  • 22-03-2014 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Am struggling to find decent info on this on the internet...
    So basically I will be in America for two weeks during the summer.
    I have a locked iPhone 5 (am under contract for another 10 months as far as I know).
    I want to be able to access data when out and about outside wifi range.
    I know there are several options if my phone was unlocked (ReadySIM being the one I am most familiar with).
    BUT do I have any options at all re accessing data on a locked iphone without incurring the ridiculous roaming charges?
    I have an ipad mini also but it's the wifi only option not 3G and wifi so readysim won't work on this either.

Anyone any ideas on how I can get data access relatively cheaply?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gaillimh

sugarman wrote: »
    What network are you currently on?

I'm on the Three network currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

gaillimh wrote: »
    I'm on the Three network currently

There is a rumour that 3 ireland will be introducing free roaming in the US like the 3 UK customers can do. But if that does not happen you could guy a hotspot and data for a month

http://www.walmart.com/ip/T-Mobile-4G-Mobile-Hotspot/20976915

Will cost less than a $100 and at €5.08 a MB on roaming you will have mega bill shock on return,also the in built cap on roaming does not apply when roaming outside EU. Best bet do not use phone for data when abroad.

There is another option you can pay 3 the remainder of contract up front and they will unlock the phone, then just simply get a USA prepaid sim when there.

Advertisement