Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10/22 Base Suggestions

Options
  • 22-03-2014 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what base you would recommend for a 10/22? What manufacturer. Picatinny or Weaver?

I am looking for just the base, not a ring/mount combo like DNZ makes.

Lot's of choices out there: Voltsquartsen, ProMag, Power Custom, EGW, Leupold, Weigan, Tactical Solutions, Midwest, Archangel, and Millet to name a few.

I like Nightforce or US OPtics bases SA and LA kits. What would be the equivalent for the 10/22?

Lastly, what about MOA's? Does anyone use or recommend a 15MOA or more?

I will be shooting paper at the range for general fun and merriment. Mostly at 50ya, but out to 100ya as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭cw67irl

I use a Kidd picatinny rail on mine! Extra MOA rails on 10/22s are usually for long range or if you had some barrel droop I think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I'm using a Tactical Solutions picatinny 15 MOA rail. I've found to many 10/22's that run out of 'up' clicks with some scopes and need the extra provided with a 15 MOA rail.

That rail is $35 from MidwayUS and I can't see a better/cheaper rail for the Ruger action.

Advertisement